Armor Mod Now Slot Specific???

With the new 1.5 patch, you can buy Campaign Armor mods with BH Coms. These Campaign Armor mods can be used toward a set bonus, and therefore, are slot specific (head, boots, etc.). This I can fully understand...

I had an old BH Helmet in the bank that I used the mod and enhancement from. It still had an armor mod on it, and my intention was to use this armor on an orange belt or bracer (since it has no set bonus attached to it). However, it now tells me that even this piece of armor is slot specific (head). It was my understanding that before patch 1.5, I could take that armor mod and put it ANY armor slot. My question is whether or not this is intended or a bug. If it is intended, doesn't this make it almost imposible to get a high level armor mod for an orange belt or bracer?

With the new 1.5 patch, you can buy Campaign Armor mods with BH Coms. These Campaign Armor mods can be used toward a set bonus, and therefore, are slot specific (head, boots, etc.). This I can fully understand...

I had an old BH Helmet in the bank that I used the mod and enhancement from. It still had an armor mod on it, and my intention was to use this armor on an orange belt or bracer (since it has no set bonus attached to it). However, it now tells me that even this piece of armor is slot specific (head). It was my understanding that before patch 1.5, I could take that armor mod and put it ANY armor slot. My question is whether or not this is intended or a bug. If it is intended, doesn't this make it almost imposible to get a high level armor mod for an orange belt or bracer?

It's always been like this, you simply didn't notice.

Armorings: Are and have always been bound to that slot, if a you remove a armoring from a headpiece you cannot put it into pants/bracers/belt/offhand/gloves etc. However armorings from Belt, Bracer and Offhands are not bound to any slot and can be placed in pants/gloves/head/chest and so on.

Mods: Havn't and still arn't bound to any slot, so you can pull out a mod from a mainhand and put in your bracer/offhand/head/chest etc.

Enhancement: Same as mod

I hope this cleared up the questions you have.

The OP is talking about Black Hole items, the ones with no item sets (so not Campaign). The armorings from those weren't slot specific before 1.5. I bought the gloves each time and put the 61 armorings into all of my gear slots.

They were always slot specific. You're wrong.

The OP is talking about Black Hole items, the ones with no item sets (so not Campaign). The armorings from those weren't slot specific before 1.5. I bought the gloves each time and put the 61 armorings into all of my gear slots.

Now they have become slot specific, which the OP mentioned.

Yes they were

Otherwise we'd buy the cheaper items (gloves, boots) and put the armor mods into the chest and legs

The lower tier armorings didn't used to be slot specific - but that was prior to 1.2 IIRC.

Wrong again. There is no gear of any kind where the armorings "didn't use to be slot specific", but now are.

If you are talking about some low level orange gear with blue and/or green mods and armorings (which I would not call "tier" gear) then the armorings from those were not and still are not slot specific, so you can move them to any piece of gear. No changes of any kind have ever been made to them.

As for the endgame tier gear that existed before 1.2 (tionese, columi and rakata) they used to not even be fully modifiable, but had only mod and enhancement slots, and the stats that would come from the armorings were built into the gear. So not only were you not able to move an armoring from them to another slot, but you could not even move it to another gear for the same slot as the purples back then did not even have removable armorings.

In 1.2 these items were changed to have removable armorings too, but these armorings were made slot specific.

These armorings have been slot specific for as long as they have been removable and before that they were not even removable at all.

Also any new gear added in 1.2 (black hole and campaign) had slot specific armorings right from the day they were added to the game.

No changes have been made to any of them since that

In 1.4 they changed many off-hands that were not previously modifiable to now be modifiable. These have an armoring that is not slot specific and can be put to any gear. Before 1.4 they were not modifiable and did not have removable armoring.

Armorings: Are and have always been bound to that slot, if a you remove a armoring from a headpiece you cannot put it into pants/bracers/belt/offhand/gloves etc. However armorings from Belt, Bracer and Offhands are not bound to any slot and can be placed in pants/gloves/head/chest and so on.

Mods: Havn't and still arn't bound to any slot, so you can pull out a mod from a mainhand and put in your bracer/offhand/head/chest etc.

Enhancement: Same as mod

I hope this cleared up the questions you have.

Actually this part is False, when the game first came out you could pull out Armoring mods from items and they were NOT slot specific, a little ways down the road, when Battlemaster gear got a slight boost during patch 1.2 in which all "endgame" armorings could now be extracted but were bound to slot. So there was a brief time where you could extract a helmet armoring and place it into a belt, but that is a thing of the past.