Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armor Mod Now Slot Specific???

DCGott
11.15.2012 , 08:44 PM | #1
With the new 1.5 patch, you can buy Campaign Armor mods with BH Coms. These Campaign Armor mods can be used toward a set bonus, and therefore, are slot specific (head, boots, etc.). This I can fully understand...

I had an old BH Helmet in the bank that I used the mod and enhancement from. It still had an armor mod on it, and my intention was to use this armor on an orange belt or bracer (since it has no set bonus attached to it). However, it now tells me that even this piece of armor is slot specific (head). It was my understanding that before patch 1.5, I could take that armor mod and put it ANY armor slot. My question is whether or not this is intended or a bug. If it is intended, doesn't this make it almost imposible to get a high level armor mod for an orange belt or bracer?
"Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up." - Inigo Montoya The Princess Bride

Eternalnight
11.15.2012 , 08:54 PM | #2
no.

Armorings that come with gear have always ALWAYS ALWAYS been slot specific.

and this doesn't belong here

Kytea
11.15.2012 , 11:21 PM | #3
I heard that if you pull out the armoring from a moddabe Campaign offhand, it's not slot specific

Rencti
11.16.2012 , 02:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kytea View Post
I heard that if you pull out the armoring from a moddabe Campaign offhand, it's not slot specific
True. Same for the War Hero offhand.

AshlaBoga
11.16.2012 , 02:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DCGott View Post
With the new 1.5 patch, you can buy Campaign Armor mods with BH Coms. These Campaign Armor mods can be used toward a set bonus, and therefore, are slot specific (head, boots, etc.). This I can fully understand...

I had an old BH Helmet in the bank that I used the mod and enhancement from. It still had an armor mod on it, and my intention was to use this armor on an orange belt or bracer (since it has no set bonus attached to it). However, it now tells me that even this piece of armor is slot specific (head). It was my understanding that before patch 1.5, I could take that armor mod and put it ANY armor slot. My question is whether or not this is intended or a bug. If it is intended, doesn't this make it almost imposible to get a high level armor mod for an orange belt or bracer?
It's always been like this, you simply didn't notice.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

deHannibal
11.16.2012 , 05:08 AM | #6
I think the OP speaks of Modifications not the armoring with set bonus.

Modifications never ever were slot specific!
Armorings were slot specific.

schnopsnosn
11.16.2012 , 05:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by deHannibal View Post
I think the OP speaks of Modifications not the armoring with set bonus.

Modifications never ever were slot specific!
Armorings were slot specific.
Mods still aren't slot-specific though.

RikuvonDrake
11.16.2012 , 05:33 AM | #8
Armorings: Are and have always been bound to that slot, if a you remove a armoring from a headpiece you cannot put it into pants/bracers/belt/offhand/gloves etc. However armorings from Belt, Bracer and Offhands are not bound to any slot and can be placed in pants/gloves/head/chest and so on.

Mods: Havn't and still arn't bound to any slot, so you can pull out a mod from a mainhand and put in your bracer/offhand/head/chest etc.

Enhancement: Same as mod

I hope this cleared up the questions you have.
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

StefanTOR
11.17.2012 , 10:38 AM | #9
The OP is talking about Black Hole items, the ones with no item sets (so not Campaign). The armorings from those weren't slot specific before 1.5. I bought the gloves each time and put the 61 armorings into all of my gear slots.

Now they have become slot specific, which the OP mentioned.

Bleeters
11.17.2012 , 10:48 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by StefanTOR View Post
The OP is talking about Black Hole items, the ones with no item sets (so not Campaign). The armorings from those weren't slot specific before 1.5.
Yes, they were.