Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Coins 0 - Account says should be 1000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cartel Coins 0 - Account says should be 1000
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Killamoosdra
11.15.2012 , 05:44 PM | #1
I see a lot of people complaining about their lack of cartel coins. All of them say that they stopped their subscription for a month to take a break or something. My story is not the same:

I recently purchased the game 11/8/2012. My account page says the digital deluxe version awards me 250 cartel coins and a message above that says I get 750 complimentary cartel coins when free-to-play launches. In game my cartel coin balance is 0. Where are the cartel coins?

Thanks

MarkOfMercia
11.15.2012 , 05:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Killamoosdra View Post
I see a lot of people complaining about their lack of cartel coins. All of them say that they stopped their subscription for a month to take a break or something. My story is not the same:

It is the same as me on the other thread, I bought the game a couple of days after you. The only difference is I bought std. edition.

Maybe it's something to do with the 14 day grace period, where you can get your money back. Perhaps they don't want to give coins to someone who could still obtain a refund?

But that doesn't explain why it says we should (in my case) : "Receive 500 complimentary coins on F2P launch"

There also seems to be some people who have a minus cartel coins balance, so something may have gone wrong.

captainXnat
11.15.2012 , 07:24 PM | #3
I've been playing since launch myself and had around 1700 cartel coins in my account before launch, then my credit card failed and i got it re-subed around last week, and when they added the 250 for being subed at launched i ended up with -630 coins.

starbuckone
11.15.2012 , 07:29 PM | #4
they are forceing us to resub to get our coins
█!█!█!█![]!█!!!██████████████████████████████████████)

macklaine
11.15.2012 , 07:29 PM | #5
Same here.

Rikalonius
11.15.2012 , 07:40 PM | #6
I logged in an had nothing. I'm a recurring subscriber and have had my cc on file since launch. I bought the collector's edition and my account status states "subscriber." Yet in my ledger it says (minus)4500. I went out and bought $39 in coins thinking I could maybe cause it to work right and ended up with only 1500, indicating BioWare charged me some -4500 coin penalty for some unknown reason.

Beesodd
11.15.2012 , 07:46 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi guys. I can see that most of you (correctly) have tickets in to look into this.

Rikalonius, can I just check if you have attempted to purchase any items, unlocks or cartel packs, and if so, did you retreive them from the Unclaimed Items basket? Sorry to be singling you out, we're just looking more into the minus coins issue.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Valethar
11.15.2012 , 08:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi guys. I can see that most of you (correctly) have tickets in to look into this.

Rikalonius, can I just check if you have attempted to purchase any items, unlocks or cartel packs, and if so, did you retreive them from the Unclaimed Items basket? Sorry to be singling you out, we're just looking more into the minus coins issue.

Thanks.
My total was nearly 2,000 coins short upon login after the update, with absolutely zero purchases. Should be 3200, instead I have a balance of 1255. On the website, the math properly adds up until the 100 points for the security key, at which point the total drops by around 1945 points.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

doorsfloyd
11.15.2012 , 08:18 PM | #9
i show 100 but should have 1400 what gives and no i have no bought anything

Rikalonius
11.16.2012 , 07:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post

Thanks.
I purchased two sets of 5500 cartel coins last night. The first pack I only got 1500 instead of 5500, which means I was somehow 4000 in the hole. Then I bought a second pack so I could get what I wanted from the store. I'm still owed for what I bought, 4000 more coins, and the remainder of my rewards coins for being a recurring subscriber for 9 months, and my collector's edition bonus. I hope you'll be able to rectify this soon.

Edit: Ok, it looks like my coins have been restored. Thank you very much. It has been a long two days trying to keep my teething 5 month old happy and this was just adding immensely to my stress level. I appreciate you all fixing it.