Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.5 Help Blue Screen!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vespassian
11.15.2012 , 06:25 PM | #1
I just logged in this morning. When the patch was installed, I clicked launch. It was all fine and dandy expect right before the character selection screen was up my laptop froze for a second then went to the blue screen.
I've tried fixing the patcher, found no updates on the Alienware Respawn thing, updated my video card driver.
Help Please.

SPECS
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: M17xR3
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 1.0 A09
Pocessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX580m
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
Page File: 2878MB used, 13399MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
JOREL
COLE

Vespassian
11.15.2012 , 06:58 PM | #2
Bump. Please help, want to play SWTOR!
JOREL
COLE

Vespassian
11.15.2012 , 07:09 PM | #3
Just send an email to Customer Support. Where can I find their phone number?
JOREL
COLE

Beesodd
11.15.2012 , 07:15 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Vespassian,

Sorry for the delay in response. If you wish to call us, the number can be found here: www.swtor.com/support/form.

For driver/bluescreen issues, it can sometimes help to remove the old ones before adding fresh ones, in case an old corrupted one isn't replaced correctly. Also it's worth checking for overheating, in case you haven't done so already.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Vespassian
11.15.2012 , 07:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Vespassian,

Sorry for the delay in response. If you wish to call us, the number can be found here: www.swtor.com/support/form.

For driver/bluescreen issues, it can sometimes help to remove the old ones before adding fresh ones, in case an old corrupted one isn't replaced correctly. Also it's worth checking for overheating, in case you haven't done so already.

Thanks.
Thank you for responding Beesodd, but can you tell me how to do this?
JOREL
COLE

Beesodd
11.15.2012 , 07:37 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
For specifics, you'll want to contact your card manufacturer, but it's generally a simple enough process. Have the fresh drivers downloaded onto your machine and ready to go, first(this step isn't strictly necessary to complete first, but it'll save your eyes). Then uninstall the drivers as you would another program(Control panel, programs and features). Then restart your computer and it'll boot in horrid VGA mode. Run the downloaded file that you had gotten previously, and it should get your card back up to date.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Vespassian
11.16.2012 , 02:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
For specifics, you'll want to contact your card manufacturer, but it's generally a simple enough process. Have the fresh drivers downloaded onto your machine and ready to go, first(this step isn't strictly necessary to complete first, but it'll save your eyes). Then uninstall the drivers as you would another program(Control panel, programs and features). Then restart your computer and it'll boot in horrid VGA mode. Run the downloaded file that you had gotten previously, and it should get your card back up to date.
In programs and features to uninstall the old drivers I only saw the ones I downloaded freshly. When I restarted nothing happened. The problem is still there.
JOREL
COLE

Vespassian
11.16.2012 , 02:47 PM | #8
Going to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver I found the 3 drivers I have. I could delete the two older ones.
JOREL
COLE

Vespassian
11.16.2012 , 03:14 PM | #9
Bump, and I really need help. Been at this since yesterday.
JOREL
COLE

Beesodd
11.16.2012 , 04:05 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Vespassian,

You mention restarting previously. Did the uninstall go through(leading to you reinstalling) or did it seem to not uninstall? Also, please do not delete files directly from the directory.

Thanks.