Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To difficult to reach level 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
To difficult to reach level 50

phfph
11.14.2012 , 05:05 AM | #21
And dont forget to take all datacrones on every planet.
And i have about 7 toons and only one of them have finish the last level 50 boss!
So it is a little bit dificullt for the rest of my toons(trying to gear up them all (46-50 levels)
You can do a lot of those Heroic+4 solo if you are max 6 levels ahead.

Marvin_jedi
11.14.2012 , 04:57 PM | #22
Below a screenshot of my character. I think i will do some flashpoints and try to defeat the ancient beast for my class quest. I like the game to much and keep trying and ask for help if it starts frustrating..

http://imageshack.us/a/img191/763/swtorcommando.jpg

Marvin_jedi
11.14.2012 , 04:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
What server are you on?
It may seem like a silly question, but what stats are on your gear? I once ran into a shadow tank in mostly strength gear.
He claimed it was because all of his abilities were melee, therefore he needed strength...
Long story, short, no heroic missions got done that day...
So you want to be sure you have the right stats on your gear, as well as being level appropriate. Same goes for companion gear. They don't all have the same stat as the characters, except the trooper's companions. (Aim)
If you are on Jedi Covenant, I could help you get your characters back on track in no time.
I play on the Progenitor server...

happysister
11.14.2012 , 05:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Marvin_jedi View Post
Below a screenshot of my character. I think i will do some flashpoints and try to defeat the ancient beast for my class quest. I like the game to much and keep trying and ask for help if it starts frustrating..

http://imageshack.us/a/img191/763/swtorcommando.jpg
i think i see your problem. you gear is all messed up. the only main stats you should be worrying about is aim and endurance. get rid of all that strength, willpower, and cunning. only wear heavy armor with aim and endurance.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

swtonewbie
11.14.2012 , 05:58 PM | #25
I've leveled a 50 commando and two 50 mercenary all of them gunnery/arsenal spec. They do seem squishy but if used correctly you can do pretty well. I can give you a few tips on leveling and killing packs. As i leveled i used Aric Jorgan and his empire mirror Gault for everything, including boss fights and elites.

Some general tips:
-make sure your armor is up to date
-make sure your companions armor is up to date (best to pick 1 or 2 main comps and stick with them)

Here are a few ways to handle group pulls
1 - Select Target 1, cast Aric Jorgans ability "Aimed Blast"
2 - Cast Grav Round (with practice you can time Grav Round to hit Target 1 the same time as Jorgans Aimed Blast
2 - Sticky Bomb Target 2 (pref one that is in the middle of the pack)
3 - Explosive Round Target 3 to knock him down
4 - Full Auto Target 4
5 - High Impact Bolt on Target 4 right as Full Auto is about to run out or use HIB on any other target that is knocked down

Another
1 - Plasma Grenade on Target in middle of pack
2 - Cast Jorgan ability "Spread Fire"
3 - Cast your own AOE ability Hail of Bolts

And Another
1 - Select Target in middle of pack cast Jorgan ability Spread Fire
2 - Cast Mortar Volley

A couple of things to know when dealing with packs. Commandos have about 3 or 4 minor stuns and knockdowns. When an enemy is stunned of knocked down, it isnt shooting or attacking you. Also in a pack of 4 or 5 mobs it helps to know which one is melee and which one is ranged. That way you can put the ranged under control first.

Which one of your spells have stuns and knockdowns versus weak or standard mobs?
Full Auto = mobs stunned for duration of the channel
Sticky Grenade = initial target is stunned then knocked down after explosion. Explosion knocks down nearby weak/standard mobs
Explosive Round = knocks target down
Mortar Volley = AOE knockdown
Cryo Grenade = stun, but it has a 1min CD

And you have one ability that can take advantage of 3 of those attacks. High Impact Bolt (HIB) can be used on any mob that is stunned or knocked down. If you are shooting a mob with Full Auto and it is stunned, you can cast high impact bolt. You have to time it just right at the end of Full Auto or just cast HIB the split second Full Auto is about to finish. If something is under the effect of Sticky Grenade and Explosive Round you can also shoot a high impact bolt at them. This is even true of any mob that is knocked down or stunned from explosive barrels or environmental damage.

Versus Elites or 1 on 1 Strong mobs I prefer to just nuke them down. I dont spend a lot of time healing myself. I open up with a combined Jorgan Aimed Blast and Grav Round > Full Auto and so on.
I'm not really a noob...

VigDiath
11.14.2012 , 06:57 PM | #26
If we were on the same server I would definitely offer assistance with those quests. When I first started a I started with a Jedi Shadow and I swear I spent A TON of time waiting to rez after being defeated. It took me some time to know when to use my CC's, turn off Qyzen's AOE abilities, and realize Strength was not part of my main stats lol. I've gotten to the point that now if I die it's because I was trying to take on too many enemies. (Sometimes I aggro other mobs on purpose to see if I can beat them all lol)

Definitely use the tips everyone has suggested and don't give up! Also try your hand at pvp to level faster. Because of PVP all of my toons are usually 2-3 levels if not more, higher than the world requirement.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

JacksonMo
11.14.2012 , 07:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
If we were on the same server I would definitely offer assistance with those quests. When I first started a I started with a Jedi Shadow and I swear I spent A TON of time waiting to rez after being defeated. It took me some time to know when to use my CC's, turn off Qyzen's AOE abilities, and realize Strength was not part of my main stats lol. I've gotten to the point that now if I die it's because I was trying to take on too many enemies. (Sometimes I aggro other mobs on purpose to see if I can beat them all lol)

Definitely use the tips everyone has suggested and don't give up! Also try your hand at pvp to level faster. Because of PVP all of my toons are usually 2-3 levels if not more, higher than the world requirement.
I do that too, especially now that I've gotten my legacy presence boosted so high. My sorcerer alt is down right unstopable even with my companion is rubbish gear.

RCcorr
11.14.2012 , 07:14 PM | #28
I would recomend keeping within 2 levels of your recommened level for your quest (example: level 47 quest get lvl 45) this has worked fine for me. Spam War zones for xp and Flashpoints for xp and great gear. If your Really desperate you can always stay alive as long as possible while running through enimies till you die then use the revival stealth to get away from them. That is something i would say to use only as a last resort though. Also try using a healing companion, or (if your a healer) use a dps companion and just heal your companion.

(Edit) Also when fighting a boss that has weaker spawns with him, always kill the weaker ones first, this way your only getting attacked by one thing when your fighting the main boss. If you have to kill the weaklings and die. Then rez rebuff and get your health full and attack main boss.

Keep the best medpacs you can use in a quickslt for easy use.
Long live Revan

Marvin_jedi
11.15.2012 , 04:24 PM | #29
I defeated the Ancient monster I used my cartel coins to buy some new gear... This pumped up my endurance.. I used my heroic moment, stun, auto fire, grave rounds...
I will keep working on my gear and stats...
Many thanks for the tips here there where very useful...