Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My first ever rage quit

NoFishing
11.13.2012 , 06:27 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Had one tank before who tried to face him against a wall in stage 1 rather than kite him despite everyone nearly raging at him in chat to keep him moving. Even after clearly explaining to said tank on how to kite him and go anti clockwise around the room to each kolto tank he still tried to tank him against a wall and not bother moving him, not only bad because of the debuff but it means dps can't get to kolto tanks in time.
Heh, my sage would find his "don't stand there" button, i.e, rescue, pretty quick.

OlosBC
11.14.2012 , 11:57 AM | #52
Ooooh, "cc is against my religion". Gonna start using that one when people try to cc in FPs or torvix.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Slugamaniac
11.14.2012 , 12:36 PM | #53
OP, I applaud your patience! Had a similar experience in a EV SM pug run on one of my alts last night so reading this post was refreshing and entertaining! Hats off to you!

Oh, to clarify, I'm not normally as patient; qued for LI HM on my trooper. Under geared tank states as we zone in: "I've never been here before." I logged off almost instantly.
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

coille
11.14.2012 , 09:07 PM | #54
It sounds familiar here too. I just don't do pug Ops now. I just find it usually ends in tears. Even HM FP's are an issue. I reckon communication is the problem. I tend to only do these with the guild now.

soowonlee
11.14.2012 , 11:32 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Doing Ops with PUGs is futile unless everyone uses voicechat; Ventrillo, Teamspeak, Dolby, Mumble or something like that. This game should have built-in-voice comm. Even that pos DDO has built-in voice.
Totally agree. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I haven't met a competent PvE'er who doesn't use voice chat, and I do at least 2 or 3 PUG raids a week. To the OP, the fact no one was either willing or able to get on some kind of voice chat should have been a deal breaker from the very beginning.

If you want to raid with PUGs, then please download the Ventrilo, Mumble, and Teamspeak voice clients. They're free. It's almost certain that someone in the PUG will be part of a guild that has a server with one of those.
Bartemaeus
The Harbinger - <Textbook Execution>
Bart's-vanguard, Bart's-cannon, Bart's-sage, Bart's-consular, Bart's-slinger, Bart's-sent, Bart's-jugg, Bart's-merc, Bart's-sorc, Bart's-agent, Bart's-sin

soowonlee
11.14.2012 , 11:48 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Its very hard to judge, I recall looking down my nose at some guy with 13k health and crappy gear who rocked the OP we were in, people surprise you, some of the worst players I have ever come across have been the best geared.
Yep. This is what happens when someone gets pulled through by guildies and never actually learns to play.
Bartemaeus
The Harbinger - <Textbook Execution>
Bart's-vanguard, Bart's-cannon, Bart's-sage, Bart's-consular, Bart's-slinger, Bart's-sent, Bart's-jugg, Bart's-merc, Bart's-sorc, Bart's-agent, Bart's-sin

zXBurntToastXz
11.16.2012 , 04:04 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanjir View Post
Wow, that's incredible. I don't think I can top that one, lol.

@OP: I don't use GF for ops and rarely for FP's now. I don't need to suffer the stupidity for 5 BH comms. I've had a similar experience with a HM KP, though. I was trying to tell the tank how to tank Bonethrasher since he had no clue and then preceded to ignore me and wipe the group, repeatedly. I left, saying I was going to go do something else when he had the attitude to whisper me blaming me for being a "bad dps and wiping us then leaving". I guess it was my fault for joining their group, though. I soon learnt the whole server knew he was a noob.
Was the tank's name Boil from Dalborra by any chance? He is a nice-ish guy but he can't tank a womp rat to save his life...

SuperGrunt
11.16.2012 , 12:47 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by TekAlcon View Post
ive had MANY of those "tanks" before ............
Had one while I was leveling that didn't even have anything in the off-hand slot.
Just to be nice, and to save myself some work (as I was the Healer), I had one that I had just finished for my tank companion, who used the same stats as him, so I traded it to him and he still didn't equip it.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

MasterMurdock
11.16.2012 , 03:23 PM | #59
I completely respect the OP's patience in regards to PUGS. I have not had such patience in my experiences. Two encounters specifically stick out in my mind:

The first was in a pug group on EC hm with Toth and Zorn where I was dpsing as a sage. The tank in the group deemed it necessary to scream at me for using weakened mind (as it pulled threat off of him) and stated that he did not "have any ranged abilities that would hit within 10 meters to draw threat" he then preceded to ridicule me for "not knowing anything about the tanking class"...(I should have gotten on my tank alt....but i digress) he then told me that the tanks in my raid must be infinitely better than him and his raid group. (BTW...yes they are.)

The second event that stands out is when we picked up 2 dps for a semi guild run on EC hm and one of the dps preceded to tell us the strat we were going to use, and when we told him that we were going to do it the way we wanted to do it, he preceded to wipe the raid until we did it the way he wanted to do it. He then went on to call us trash when we did not 6 man the bosses on our alts.
LICKER OF ERIC MUSCO!
Sever: PROPHECY OF THE FIVE
Guild: http://video-game-loft.enjin.com/home

SuperGrunt
11.16.2012 , 04:26 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
For the first time ever playing swtor I rage quit on a group last night as a healer.

Queued for a SM OP, got KP. One of the tanks asks the other to main tank it, since he's never run it before. The now "main" tank says "sure, I've done it twice". 2 DPS say they've never gotten past the 3rd boss, and have basically no gear. No worries, we got that out of the way, and I know this isn't going to be a speed run, and I'm going to be doing a lot of typing instructions. Plus me and the other healer are seriously overgeared, so we should be fine.

- First boss...no real problems, since he can't be tanked anyway.

- Jarg & Sorno...some of the DPS are not paying attention to our pleas to kill the carbonizer probes, or switch bosses to keep them even. End up dropping one or two group members, but we still one-shot it. I initiate a vote-kick for the most oblivious DPS, but because others were not paying attention, it expires and I can't get rid of him at that point. Fine, he get's a warning, and he promises to pay attention after that. To his credit, he did.

- Foreman Crusher - "main" tank positively melts at first frenzy, even with both healers chain healing him. Can't combat rez because he releases, and then complains he can't get back in until we all die. Off-tank doesn't use any defensive cooldowns on the next frenzy and dies. We wipe to try again.

At this point, I finally inspect the main "tank's" gear, and find he has a focus in his offhand. I whisper him whether he has a shield or not...he says "I think so." But his offhand doesn't get changed, so I know he has no idea what the difference between a shield and a focus is. He dies, again, on the first frenzy. But we combat rez, and focus healing on the off tank, who at least has a shield. Main tank dies again on the third frenzy, and immediately asks for another rez. "Sure, as soon as it is off CD.." We get the boss down with chain healing the off tank. Me and the other healer agree there is no way this group can single tank fabricator on story mode.

- I type "don't pull this group until I say...I am marking CC targets". Group is pulled a few seconds later, and we wipe. But at least the creeper is dead.

- DPS DCs and we have to get a replacement. While waiting on a replacement, the tank decides to go start hitting Fabricator...normally harmless fun, but somehow he ends up getting us stuck in combat, so when we do get a replacement he can't join us because we are in a boss fight. We all have to /stuck, and I have to reset phases. Yippee, we get yet another chance at the trash! CCs actually get off this time, one of the party members reminds everyone "no AOEs", but the CCs are still instantly broken, and we wipe.

Find out our replacement DPS is actually a decent tank, so we reconfigure rolls and press on.

- Working the puzzle with a DPS that has never done it before, but learns quickly with minimal pre-pull practice, and we get Fabricator down in one try. Between the new tank and this DPS, maybe there is hope for this group yet.

- I say "don't run into the next room". Our former main tank runs into the room, we wipe. Try again. I mark CC targets, they get stealth CC'd, I say "burn target", someone else reminds them "no AOEs", and we pull. CCs are instantly broken, and people are dying.

And that was it...I exploded in a fit of rage and quit. My lesson learned is that I need to leave fail groups much sooner before I blow up at them with an expletive-riddled goodbye and end up on 7 more ignore lists.
Hey man, I feel your pain, I normally play as a healer in MMO's. I found I am pretty good at it. But I established a few rules a while ago and I try to stick to it when I am in a PUG, unless there are good reasons not to.
1. If I die 3 times for any reason I drop group.
2. If the group wipes 2 times without any progress made I drop group.
3. If the group wipes 3 times in the instance I drop group.
4. If everyone else in the group is in the same guild and one of them is messing up, and I think it's on purpose. I drop group.
5. And finally if someone annoys me enough that I initiate a Vote kick and it fails I add that person to my ignore list and drop group.

You need to set a bunch of rules for yourself that will trigger you to drop group, and follow them when ever you are in a PUG. Obviously I don't apply these same rules for guild and friend groups, but anytime I don't know many people in the group, and or I queue to get a group you better believe I do.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo