Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

Exgrunt's Avatar


Exgrunt
11.14.2012 , 09:03 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
No he obviously meant interrupt. If he meant KB he wouldn't have said to save your stun. Not to mention every class does not have a KB. He said use your interrupt which assumes every class has one.

Honestly I'm not surprised stuff like this is coming out.

Every class does have an interrupt and yes I meant any form of interrupt aside from stun yes go ahead use stun to interrupt my ravage I'll eat it spam massacre and force scream since my Ataru proc gives me auto crit on force scream. And guess what you are screwed when I pop UR cuz guess what I'm probably at full resolve so stun is not gonna work and you get to eat everything I throw at you. Thats pretty much how I get 90% percent of my kills in pvp.
Have fun Kill pubs

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
11.14.2012 , 09:05 PM | #182
This is based on the assumption that:

1. The Sentinel/Mara gets the jump on me first and can open up fully with his abilities shortly after engaging me. On my Shadow Tank this rarely happens except in Huttball where you are much more likely to be singled out away from your team. My Shadow is usually stealthed trying to achieve objectives on ALL maps and in the case I see a Mara/Sent approaching I stealth and get the jump on them first. On my Vig specced Knight it doesn't matter. I've learned to play him so well that I've burned Maras down in seconds. Doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough. On my level 35 Smuggler I've burned Maras down by keeping them at range. On my smuggler it is much harder but it can be done. There is always a tactic to take down any class in this game if you've observed or played them all.

2. I had another but I forgot but the above more than makes up for it. I have a Mara and I'm learning more and more about the class and how to play him but it is hard work but also rewarding. I think my Mara was the first class I broke 200k damage with. Since then I've done it with my Vig specced Knight and my Balance assasin but the Mara really helped me to appreciate the class and that all the whining I was doing was nothing. It's the skill of the player and some players can play them very well. I can tell when I'm up against a noob Mara/Sent in pvp because of how quickly I've beaten them.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.14.2012 , 09:17 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
This is based on the assumption that:

1. The Sentinel/Mara gets the jump on me first and can open up fully with his abilities shortly after engaging me. On my Shadow Tank this rarely happens except in Huttball where you are much more likely to be singled out away from your team. My Shadow is usually stealthed trying to achieve objectives on ALL maps and in the case I see a Mara/Sent approaching I stealth and get the jump on them first. On my Vig specced Knight it doesn't matter. I've learned to play him so well that I've burned Maras down in seconds. Doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough. On my level 35 Smuggler I've burned Maras down by keeping them at range. On my smuggler it is much harder but it can be done. There is always a tactic to take down any class in this game if you've observed or played them all.

2. I had another but I forgot but the above more than makes up for it. I have a Mara and I'm learning more and more about the class and how to play him but it is hard work but also rewarding. I think my Mara was the first class I broke 200k damage with. Since then I've done it with my Vig specced Knight and my Balance assasin but the Mara really helped me to appreciate the class and that all the whining I was doing was nothing. It's the skill of the player and some players can play them very well. I can tell when I'm up against a noob Mara/Sent in pvp because of how quickly I've beaten them.
Considering equal gear, any sent that loses to a vigilance guardian is just plain bad.

Phasersablaze's Avatar


Phasersablaze
11.14.2012 , 10:38 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by Exgrunt View Post
Every class does have an interrupt and yes I meant any form of interrupt aside from stun yes go ahead use stun to interrupt my ravage I'll eat it spam massacre and force scream since my Ataru proc gives me auto crit on force scream. And guess what you are screwed when I pop UR cuz guess what I'm probably at full resolve so stun is not gonna work and you get to eat everything I throw at you. Thats pretty much how I get 90% percent of my kills in pvp.
Lol this just takes the cake. He STILL doesn't realize that interrupts don't stop Ravage. He even had the perfect chance to save face and claim that he meant knock-backs, but instead he just digs himself a bigger hole.

I never say this unless it's really bad but...lol what a noob!

Stanimir's Avatar


Stanimir
11.14.2012 , 10:58 PM | #185
Is the OP on drugs? I hope so, at least that would excuse the blatant misinformation.

Phasersablaze's Avatar


Phasersablaze
11.14.2012 , 11:11 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Stanimir View Post
Is the OP on drugs? I hope so, at least that would excuse the blatant misinformation.
Apparently you are on drugs because I am the OP. Let me guess. You play a marauder right?

WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
11.15.2012 , 05:38 PM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
And you just proved my point why GBTF is better than a stun. It forces team to NOT FF the sent. And CCing them only works if their healers are too stupid to use cleanse.
Nice straw man attempt but I didn't say or try to prove anything of the sort. PVP 101: Attack the healers first, ignore or cc the DPS (most dps are hard to kill with an unmolested healer and a tank nearby, even with focus fire). PVP 103: Attack the healer's tanks first (sometimes).

Quote:
It's funny you claim having a regular stun is the best defense in skirmishes and duels, yet fail to realize sents are currently one of the best duelers right now, even though every other class (except guardians) has a regular stun, and sents don't.
Sents are in the top 3 or 4 advanced classes in 1v1, yes. They lose plenty vs several classes though and several specs can beat them from the other advanced classes with the right skill/gear. That has nothing to do with my argument tho.

Quote:
God you are bad. Like 700 RWZ rating bad. And the worst part about your baddiness is that you really think you're good. You're the kind of idiot who probably yells at their team in WZs for sucking, but at the end of the match has done jack****. Please go play Hello Kitty Island Adventures instead.
Does it get tiring being wrong about everything? I never claimed to be a great pvper but I would love it if these forums had an Armory - makes it much easier to filter out the trolls.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.15.2012 , 10:21 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
Nice straw man attempt but I didn't say or try to prove anything of the sort. PVP 101: Attack the healers first, ignore or cc the DPS (most dps are hard to kill with an unmolested healer and a tank nearby, even with focus fire). PVP 103: Attack the healer's tanks first (sometimes).
And this just proves you've never done any real RWZs. Good teams don't FF healers first, they just CC them (healers CCed = no cleanse) or stick one dps on them to interrupt heals, and essentially force them to be defensive and only heal themselves, and not the team. VGs are the first to die always.


Quote:
Sents are in the top 3 or 4 advanced classes in 1v1, yes. They lose plenty vs several classes though and several specs can beat them from the other advanced classes with the right skill/gear. That has nothing to do with my argument tho.
Only classes sents will lose to consistently are snipers, hybrid sins. They roll everyone else, or have a >50% chance to beat them.

And this has everything to do with your argument because you claim having a regular stun >>>> GBTF in duels or small skirmishes. Well, seeing as how sents are top dogs w/o a regular stun, your claim is stupid as hell.

Quote:
Does it get tiring being wrong about everything? I never claimed to be a great pvper but I would love it if these forums had an Armory - makes it much easier to filter out the trolls.
How does it feel to be delusional? God I wish this game had an armory so I could look at how terrible you are. But we don't have an armory, so go ahead and feel free to ask on the server forums.

Anyone who would trade GBTF for a regular stun is a dumber than Sarah Palin.

Drazzen's Avatar


Drazzen
11.16.2012 , 01:36 AM | #189
From 1.2 Patch Notes:
Jedi Knight

General
Awe no longer costs Focus to activate.
Dispatch can now be used on targets at or below 30% of maximum health (up from 20%).
Force Kick no longer costs Focus to activate.
Force Leap now places a "root" visual effect on the affected target.
Master Strike can no longer be interrupted, and its damage has been increased by approximately 15%.

Exgrunt's Avatar


Exgrunt
11.16.2012 , 02:17 AM | #190
Yes I was wondering the same thing when I first started however he tooltip for ravage is wrong it is very much interruptable. Happens to me all the time by people who actually know what the hell they are doing instead of those that scream nerf cuz they suck and are unwilling to try and get better. I will post a screenshot tomorrow as proof.
Have fun Kill pubs