Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

ZirusZero
11.14.2012 , 06:35 PM | #251
Worst is inquisitor. Everyone else but you gets their lightsaber in a way that feels like an accomplishment.

Knight/Consular: I forged my lightsaber! W00t!
Warrior: I found mines in a box...I guess I feel ok about it.
Inquisitor: Meh, I got mine as a free handout from Zash.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Sanctioned
11.14.2012 , 09:02 PM | #252
Though I haven't finished any of them, the force classes have been an absolute drag.

Of the ones I've completed:

Imperial Agent - captivated me from start to finish. The story really matches with the Ops AC.

Trooper - 100% safe and boring. If you've played Mass Effect, you've played the Trooper's story. Gather teammates, do side quests, gather more teammates, do more side quests, confront boss, congratulations! The End.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

NoTomorrow
11.19.2012 , 04:36 PM | #253
I think the worst is the story of Male Jedi Consular. Why male? well, lets just say i have some very strong doubts about their sexual preferences.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Idunhavaname
11.20.2012 , 10:51 PM | #254
1. DS/LS Trooper (LS SW would have won but broommark annoys me)
2. LS Sith Warrior
3. LS Imperial Agent
4. DS/LS Jedi Knight
5. Smuggler (lot of chuckles)
6. Consular
7. DS Inquisitor

RIP orange pixel

yamat
11.21.2012 , 09:40 AM | #255
I have a 50 SI, 50 SW, 50 JC, 50 BH, 38 IA, 25 JK, 26 Tr, 20 Sm

Of those completed:
Best, SW, very epic, total respect, enjoyable companions
SI>JC
Worst, BH, "go claim this bounty," "go claim that bounty," i.e. no story, but fun companions

Of those in progress:
Best, IA, it's making me change from DS to LS, and hate the empire in the process
JK>Tr due to epicness, although Tr is fun but its a bit too much taking orders
Worst, Sm, which for some reason is omgwtf boring. I mean, cmon, this coulda been so great...

SW was so good I'm doing it again and going predominantly LS, same with SI (going DS this time).
EQ, SWG, WOW ("Why Oh Why" did I bother?), GW, Aion, Rift, GW2

TrumpetNut
11.21.2012 , 09:54 AM | #256
I'd say it really depends.

For a Classic Star Wars saga thing Play a jedi knight. It has so many things alike later in your story. I will not spoil besides that.

As for being independent and taking orders from nobody go bountyhunter or smuggler.

Trooper Isnt as bad as most say it is but it isnt very good.

Being a sith warrior you get funny lines but it sucks getting bossed around for all stage 1-2

Sith inquisitor gives the "Plotting apprentice" feel if you hate you boss.

Counsler is pretty good and you have a nice feel and aptitude with force powers.

My personal Favorite was the agent. Agents are the one class that can crouch behind cover or roll acrossed a room to get to cover. As an agent you get the total stealthy agent feel. The story you go undercover alot some assassination, Treachery, At the end a huge decision.

Well hve fun with what you do!

MarkEllzey
11.21.2012 , 05:41 PM | #257
I have finished a LS knight, LS Agent, and DS Hunter and of the three, I have to give a slight lean to the Agent story over the Knight. Chapter 1 on the Jedi knight was dull, but chapters 2 and 3 are incredible and I recommend anyone who is a fan of Star Wars to force your way through chapter 1 to experience the joy of chapters 2 and 3 on the knight, expecially when you get to Corellia. That is the best class planet story I've seen thus far.

The Hunter story was very "meh" until chapter 3, then it had a bit of suspense for a bit, but it fell off due to not following up on the "twist" at start of chapter 3.

I played with a partner on my agent from Dromund Kaas to the end who used an Inquisitor, and it seems to be well done.

I have a trooper at level 43, a sith warrior at 45, and a consulor at 22(consulor seems to be the worst story to me). I also have a smuggler at 36 that I have enjoyed.

The trooper was solid in chapter 1, but chapter 2 was just a glorified "Let's dedicate the chapter to just getting your companions". I haven't started chapter 3 as of yet.

At this time, if I were forced to rank the 8 stories with what I have completed, it would look like this....

1.Agent
2.Jedi Knight
3.Sith Warrior
4.Inquisitor
5.Smuggler
6.Bounty Hunter
7.Trooper
8.Consulor

Vyron_Deckard
11.26.2012 , 12:46 PM | #258
This is strictly my personal opinion.

BEST

Empire: Agent - Best written story all around from start to finish. Probably the only plot that genuinely made me think. I was always eager to know what would happen next.
Republic: Jedi Knight - The most 'epic' story. It makes you feel like a hero, and the decisions you make have weight. This is what KOTOR3 would've been based on. It's a bit cliche' at times but it still has that star wars charm.

WORST

Republic: Consular - The chapters are sloppily connected and 1 & 2 both feel like fetch-quest filler arcs. It gets better in chapter 3, but by then it just to late. The main focus of the story should have been training a padawan and the conflict of light vs. dark.
Imperial: Inquisitor - Same complaints as consular - only worse. The entire story is a series of fetch-quests, & the conflict of light vs. dark is barely touched on. The companions are also boring and forgettable.
Target verified. Commencing hostilities... ~ Unknown

OldVengeance
11.26.2012 , 03:07 PM | #259
Personally I really enjoyed the Jedi Consular story. So far if there is any Republic class that grabs me the least it's the Smuggler.

Shlumper
11.26.2012 , 06:56 PM | #260
I've completed 4 stories so far; I'll rank them from best to worst.

Warrior
Knight
BH (barely any story tying everything together)
Councilor (there was no story)