Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.14.2012 , 03:00 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by BoDiE View Post
Ok let's see a video of you rolling maras for fun or your simply lying. I believe your main is a mara or you wouldn't be getting involved. So please stop spreading your cheeks and telling us its ice cream.
I have never claimed to "roll maras for fun". Simply that they can be countered. My purpose in any warzone on my sorc is to keep my team alive. I cannot allow one person who is attacking me to stop me from doing that and so I have found ways to kite them and continue aiding my team. In the event that I end up in a truly unavoidable 1v1 situation, I can drag the fight out until I have help and understand that I am not supposed to be able to kill DPS specs as a healer. If I'm not defending a point, then I'll escape. If they are trying to lock me down, I drag them to other players to help me out. It's not hard to keep them more than 4 meters away.

If I'm stuck in a 1v1, I'll slow them at distance. I'll cast lightning strike until they start getting close and then I'll get on the move with my instant abilities like affliction and shock. If they open in stealth to close the gap, I'll throw lightning storm around me to get some damage on their way in. If they leap, then force speed away and slow them like my original plan or possibly let them take out my bubble for the stun (which truly is ridiculous, but that's a tangent). Once my slow wears off and they've caught up, it depends on spec. I'll cleanse after gore and overload saber if they're anni, but otherwise just keep heals on myself or use my cleanse to clear their slow. I'll keep them slowed during CoP and stay as far away as possible, but only heal with no attacks so that the duration only lasts 6 seconds. I try to keep my KB until my health is lower so that I can root them for 5 seconds and heal up during that time, and if I'm really low I will use whirlwind while they are too far away to interrupt me in the root. I generally don't worry about saving my stun for UR as the chances of me taking their health down enough to reach that point is low unless they are undergeared. It's usually better to use stun early if I'm getting low on life to drag the fight out longer. I keep my force speed for ravage unless they leap to me at the start in case I need to break a root from carnage.

Since you have offered me nothing to show that you understand anything related to marauders at this point, I do not intend on responding to your future posts unless your attitude changes. I have seen your baseline nerf mara posts in many threads at this point and don't feel that anything I say will change your stance or cause you to offer anything constructive to the community. So know that when you post your next 1 sentence comment in response, I do not intend to answer.
I have opinions and stuff

Exgrunt's Avatar


Exgrunt
11.14.2012 , 03:42 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
A veteran PVP player would understand that PVP environment is very volatile. Sorry, but "use your stun" looks great on paper, but just isn't practical. What if your stun is down from having used it on someone else? What if you are stunned yourself by someone else? What is he has full resolve? Once again, this is 8v8 not 1v1 and anyone who would even consider trading UR/GBTF for a stun lacks fundamental understanding of the PVP environment.

A good marauder will learn how to take advantace of the situation and use his abilities (including Undying Rage) to their fullest potential.
1. I never said I would trade UR for a stun cuz I wouldn't uts a very useful tool that when used right can be a gamechanger. If used at the wrong moment leaves you without a very good defensive cooldown and extremely vulnerable.

2. the resolve issue is completely separate. It is not the marauders fault that ppl do not use there stuns in a tactically sound way. If everyone were to use the in a tactically sound manner I guarantee you I would never get a kill while UR is up.

3.Do not use your stun to shutdown my rotation that is a waste use your interrupt thats what its for. For example a carnage spec mara you should use interrupt when you see them using ravage cuz that is the bulk of a carnage spec maras damage.
Have fun Kill pubs

Helig's Avatar


Helig
11.14.2012 , 05:07 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by BoDiE View Post
Ok let's see a video of you rolling maras for fun or your simply lying. I believe your main is a mara or you wouldn't be getting involved. So please stop spreading your cheeks and telling us its ice cream.
I rolled a Marauder before it was cool. And yes, I did it for fun. And no, it's not my main at the moment.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Phasersablaze's Avatar


Phasersablaze
11.14.2012 , 06:47 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Exgrunt View Post
1. I never said I would trade UR for a stun cuz I wouldn't uts a very useful tool that when used right can be a gamechanger. If used at the wrong moment leaves you without a very good defensive cooldown and extremely vulnerable.

2. the resolve issue is completely separate. It is not the marauders fault that ppl do not use there stuns in a tactically sound way. If everyone were to use the in a tactically sound manner I guarantee you I would never get a kill while UR is up.

3.Do not use your stun to shutdown my rotation that is a waste use your interrupt thats what its for. For example a carnage spec mara you should use interrupt when you see them using ravage cuz that is the bulk of a carnage spec maras damage.
Ok besides your bad grammar and straight up lies, you now have lost all credibility from that last statement. Don't stun ravage use interrupt??? HOKAY GUY

...Please do not post in my thread again. Kthnx

Crawelc's Avatar


Crawelc
11.14.2012 , 06:56 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
Ok besides your bad grammar and straight up lies, you now have lost all credibility from that last statement. Don't stun ravage use interrupt??? HOKAY GUY

...Please do not post in my thread again. Kthnx
I swore i never would post here again, but... wow that guy is clueless. Yes lets all interrupt ravage!!
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Phasersablaze's Avatar


Phasersablaze
11.14.2012 , 07:00 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
I swore i never would post here again, but... wow that guy is clueless. Yes lets all interrupt ravage!!
Worst part is that he is a Marauder...lol

Kajuana's Avatar


Kajuana
11.14.2012 , 07:43 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
Worst part is that he is a Marauder...lol
Maybe he was talking about Force Push, Force Wave or equivalent knockbacks?
The number of ways to "interrupt" ravage is quite high.
The STILLWATER Legacy @ LAST BASTION
Kajuana 55 SHADOW, Katherina 50 SENTINEL, Shadowraith 50 SCOUNDREL, Kyhina 50 COMMANDO

Phasersablaze's Avatar


Phasersablaze
11.14.2012 , 08:46 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Kajuana View Post
Maybe he was talking about Force Push, Force Wave or equivalent knockbacks?
The number of ways to "interrupt" ravage is quite high.
No he obviously meant interrupt. If he meant KB he wouldn't have said to save your stun. Not to mention every class does not have a KB. He said use your interrupt which assumes every class has one.

Honestly I'm not surprised stuff like this is coming out.

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
11.14.2012 , 08:52 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by BoDiE View Post
Oh, and there will be a nerf regardless
Lol. Keep hope alive!
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

gvettekill's Avatar


gvettekill
11.14.2012 , 09:01 PM | #180
Smash need to be nerfed, thats about it.

Make it like a pulsing attack that grants up 10k damage through its duration and itll be fine. I mean look @ ravage, that thing can crit up to 12k and more.