Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HauksbokT
11.13.2012 , 09:17 PM | #991
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
And create more, trying to split normal chatter from RP chatter for dedicated RPers is like trying to draw blood from a stone. We don't just have some conversations in character, for some everything we say and do is in character. So imagine going along to an Op, everything you say goes into the RP channel but nobody sees it...

And yes I am aware that you can ignore people etc, but what I'm saying is that why would I want to go to a server where the potential for harrassment is high, when I could easily switch to another RP server where it is extremely low?
That's fair enough, I really doubt there would be high levels of harassment. But here's the simple solution to your problem, if any.

Have two options when the time comes

Option A) Choose to merge your toons to the oceanic super server, enjoy great ping and have a healthy population.

Option B) Choose to t-fer your toons to a US server.

Really not that hard tbh.

sankalp
11.13.2012 , 11:15 PM | #992
Well merge pvp and pve and let RP do whatever. IDC really. If they cannot be happy with a all server merge then good luck to them. leave their server as it is or move them to some RP server on west coast.

All I want is a proper pop to enjoy this game and not have to see the same 20-30 people in all the raids all the time.

HauksbokT
11.13.2012 , 11:48 PM | #993
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
Well merge pvp and pve and let RP do whatever. IDC really. If they cannot be happy with a all server merge then good luck to them. leave their server as it is or move them to some RP server on west coast.

All I want is a proper pop to enjoy this game and not have to see the same 20-30 people in all the raids all the time.
Are we counting 20-30 people with or w/o Mafuggas alts? :P

Spinikar
11.14.2012 , 06:02 AM | #994
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Yes,
Except you change it to "stop *********** ignoring us"
Hahaha, That Made my day!!

I can't believe that Bioware has failed to provide even basic support to the APAC. Sure, we know now, Months after the promised "few days" that they are waiting for F2P, but their laziness in this regard is just appalling.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Cheezfriend
11.14.2012 , 04:17 PM | #995
I wonder if they will remember to implement F2P on our servers???

Technically its the 15th already in the land of APAC yes yes I know they will go live when they go live in the center of the universe, aka The United States of America.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the impact of F2P on APAC. I dont think there is going to be too much of a difference, yes there will be an initial influx etc etc and in a few months we will be back to square one, atleast on Master Dar'Nala anyway.

BW developers take note,... this aint going to go away, you can't silence the APAC community, I'm only going to ramp up my campaign with more youtube videos showing how bad Master Dar'Nala is and continuing the fight for our community that you have shafted so royally since the game launched.

/end rant. Will take my meds now.

Have a nice day everyone

<3 Chippy

scullzomben
11.14.2012 , 06:12 PM | #996
Thanks to my newly upgraded interwebs, I am now able to stream.

I suppose I can stream myself getting kicked for inactivity while waiting for a flashpoint/pvp to pop? Cause, that keeps happening >_>

Spinikar
11.14.2012 , 08:16 PM | #997
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post

Technically its the 15th already in the land of APAC yes yes I know they will go live when they go live in the center of the universe, aka The United States of America.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the impact of F2P on APAC. I dont think there is going to be too much of a difference, yes there will be an initial influx etc etc and in a few months we will be back to square one, atleast on Master Dar'Nala anyway.

BW developers take note,... this aint going to go away, you can't silence the APAC community, I'm only going to ramp up my campaign with more youtube videos showing how bad Master Dar'Nala is and continuing the fight for our community that you have shafted so royally since the game launched.

Have a nice day everyone

<3 Chippy
Gotcha back Chippy.

Let the Campaign Roll on!!!
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Evgen
11.14.2012 , 08:27 PM | #998
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
And create more, trying to split normal chatter from RP chatter for dedicated RPers is like trying to draw blood from a stone. We don't just have some conversations in character, for some everything we say and do is in character. So imagine going along to an Op, everything you say goes into the RP channel but nobody sees it...

And yes I am aware that you can ignore people etc, but what I'm saying is that why would I want to go to a server where the potential for harrassment is high, when I could easily switch to another RP server where it is extremely low?
If you set some unreasonable expectations of yourself then of course you won't be able to reach it.
I have barely seen any RP on GD, but I'm sure the players there do know about it and aren't as prone to mock it.
Ah, I will miss the low percentage of stupid names on our RP server if they merge us.
Anyway, just role play that you are forced to join a bunch of insane people that think they are part of a game controlled by creatures sitting in their domiciles on a computer console.

999th post! No? Damn, too fast.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Esno
11.14.2012 , 08:45 PM | #999
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post

Have a nice day everyone

<3 Chippy
Doubt there will be many new faces prob several returned players that can now play for free, so cant see F2P helping for long as those that left before will prob leave again after seeing some new content. I know Dalborra has hit 100+ on fleet over last few nights where as same time last week was lucky to be hitting 60-80 max

Next video you make can you show what population is like after say 7pm (as alot are leaving work at 5pm +)

Hopefully they wont take too long to act after the lack in changes to populations
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

odonoghuet
11.14.2012 , 09:29 PM | #1000
What I don't get is expecting a change to the server populations to justify not merging when I have seen no advertising of free to play TOR anywhere.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.