Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Founder returns, Bioware this is your last chance to impress me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Founder returns, Bioware this is your last chance to impress me

Andryah
11.14.2012 , 11:57 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by RTCBrad View Post
I can not imagine how much of a fanboy you must be to actually suggest TOR is in a better state than WoW.
While your comment was not directed to me, I would like to point out that any MMO that lets you play without having to socialize and interact with Elves, Trolls, Cows, and Orcs is in a better state then WoW.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

nartiuslightlord
11.14.2012 , 12:09 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
While your comment was not directed to me, I would like to point out that any MMO that lets you play without having to socialize and interact with Elves, Trolls, Cows, and Orcs is in a better state then WoW.
This for me is so true!
CE VIP

SWTOR Episode I - A New Meme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDaG7YqaV4

BadOrb
11.14.2012 , 12:17 PM | #73
You may have forgotten where the suggestions box is OP. Also BioWare don't like threats. This is a sci-fi mmo and wow is a fantasy mmo , see the difference ? Maybe try STO or eve or any other sci-fi mmo. The rest of us will plug away and make suggestions in the correct part of the forum.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Valeforth
11.14.2012 , 01:19 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by nysis View Post
Honestly, dragons age 2 was disappointing, but I remember being satisfied upon completion. Only when I went back to replay did the many flaws make the re playability nigh impossible. I also enjoyed mass effect 3 up until the abriged endings. Extended cut went a long way towards improving the ending.

Mmo's are a different type of game. Improvements on a bi-monthly basis are to be expected.
The only reason I mentioned Dragon Age 2, was that seems to have been quite a pivotal point for Bioware. Some of the decisions made with DA2 left a lot of it's fan base scratching their heads. To the point that Bioware themselves have conceded since that they lost direction in development on DA2 and are aiming to rectify it with DA3.

The past 2 years for Bioware haven't exactly been great from a P.R. standpoint, Dragon Age 2, SWToR and Mass Effect 3...

Facts aside though, I will reiterate. I honestly feel that Bioware DO have it in themselves to move forward with SWToR. Get back on track and utilize what is great about the Universe we all know and love.
Recent MMO's have proven that a F2P model can breathe new life into the game, whilst also giving it a much more lucrative outlook.

I honestly feel that whilst WoW has made the MMO genre more mainstream (and lucrative) I feel it really is the cause of the stagnation of the MMO genre.
Whilst I do understand that new MMO's are launching against the WoW of today (with all of its bells and whistles) I do find it unrealistic to think that any MMO can launch with the amount of content, polish and features that WoW has today. (8 Years since release + 4-5 years development before release)

Going back to my previous point in the thread.
As gamers, we have come to expect far too much in my opinion. We as a collective (devs and gamers alike) need to not only acknowledge problems with the game, but be realistic about solving those problems.

I don't have a problem with anybody voting with their wallet as it's their right to do so. But if you care about this game then do so in a non inflammatory manner. Be constructive.

TL;DR Feedback is good, criticism is good. It only helps if done in a mature manner. We (devs and gamers) need to be realistic and work together to solve the problems.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

ElitehunterDS
11.14.2012 , 01:26 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
I'm beginning to realise that its not the noobs, children, haters or the simply curious who're going to make the first month or so of Ftplay such a chore....

It's all the 'entitled' yahoos like the OP crawling out of the woodwork again.

Begone, yahoos - we didn't enjoy your company the first time around.
Get your shovels, lets bury them!
Its like the terrible players that all left for gw2, yes those 3 guys yelling in general for hours about stuff we dont care better off without them!
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Sanctioned
11.14.2012 , 08:32 PM | #76
lol. This can't be a serious post.

I AM FOUNDER. YOU DO MONKEY DANCE NAO!!!! MAKE ME GET IMPRESS FEELS!!!! THIS LAST CHANCE. IF NO IMPRESSES, I GO!!!

Please go and never come back. You make the remaining players look bad.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

nysis
11.14.2012 , 11:10 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
lol. This can't be a serious post.

I AM FOUNDER. YOU DO MONKEY DANCE NAO!!!! MAKE ME GET IMPRESS FEELS!!!! THIS LAST CHANCE. IF NO IMPRESSES, I GO!!!

Please go and never come back. You make the remaining players look bad.
yes ignore everything I wrote and instead complain about the founders title.

ExiledOne
11.16.2012 , 04:55 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by nysis View Post
yes ignore everything I wrote and instead complain about the founders title.
What did you expect, seriously, this forum is as bad as me3's multiplayer forum, it's like people log in here just to be colossal jerks not worth one ounce of bantha poo-doo.

I too departed for parts unknown, but for me it was after ME3 released and to be quite honest I felt rather..angry.
First the stuff with SWTOR and the unneeded nerfing of conceal Op/scoundrel, then I spend ANOTHER $65 on a Bioware game and get something that in the last 30 minutes entirely divorced itself from the established plot line, barely let me continue my romance with Jack, and ...let's just say I find the multiplayer a hell of a lot better than the actual single player story and leave it at that.

I had thought about returning but to be honest I was bored with SWTOR by the end of month two.
One level 50 in under the first 30 days, several level thirties by mid second month.
I already knew what awaited me at 50, reroll, and to be honest that didn't appeal to me, it wasn't worth paying $14.99 (Plus tax, my monthly sub was $16.36, and it took them 3 weeks of my constant calling for someone to figure out what the hell was going on with my sub fee. I heard every reason in the book, card verification, billing error, "I have no idea what is causing this") for such little content and the rapidly dropping players (I lost 90% of my friends list by February 10th), I couldn't convince myself to stay.

So now I'm back, In outer space, in a galaxy far far away, hoping Bioware learned and gets this right.
We'll see if I was mistaken in leaving after three months, or if they truly failed to make a game that would hook players.

That said, what have they added since march, any new planets, quests, anything other than flashpoints?

computernerd
11.17.2012 , 01:45 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyde_v View Post
The only part of the OP's post that I agree with is the lack of communication from the developers. I have the impression that the monthly Q&A was inconvenient for the developers and that is why they stopped. Ok. Do a two month time frame. And not necessarily about what is coming in the future either. Address community concerns, what bugs are known and being fixed, etc. I personally do not ask for much but the occasional Q&A would be nice.

Maybe after Wednesday's patch Bioware will get back to talking to us again. I'd like that.
The Official Podcast did two episodes and those were back in May.

Please Bioware. May we have some more?
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge. There is no Fear; There is Power.
I am the Hear of the Force.
I am the Revealing Fire of Light.
I am the Mystery of Darkness In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in the Force