Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is crafting so arbitrary?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Why is crafting so arbitrary?

IcyBergals
11.13.2012 , 10:49 PM | #11
Armoring schematics are available for every odd-numbered level (9, 11, 13, 15). Mods and Enhancements are available for alternating odd-numbered levels (mod: 9, 13, 17; enhancement: 11, 15, 19). These are all available from your Crew Skills trainer.

The commendation vendors are a different story and don't always have exactly what you want. For instance, the Balmorra vendor sells almost all 6 and 7 (levels 17 and 19) armorings, barrels, and hilts, except for Might and Reflex, where you can only by the "6" version. That makes no sense to me but I don't let something like that ruin my day.

GnatB
11.14.2012 , 07:21 PM | #12
IMO, the single biggest screwup in the crafting system (with the possible exception of reuseables):

Cybertechs getting armoring.

The str/wis ones should have been synthweaving. The agi/cun ones should have been armormech.

As it stands, the "armorers" don't actually make armor anymore. Only thing they make is augments.

But, yeah, I'll agree with the cybertechs that it's probably too late to fix it now, though they COULD do something like add existing armorings to the armor crafters lists, and going forward, only add them to the armor crafters, and not add them to the cybertechs.