Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BiS Mercenary Bodyguard

BlownSi
11.12.2012 , 07:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
35% crit, 75-80% surge, the rest into power and very little alacrity. You want about 1.7x second cast for pve for rapid scan with critical reaction proced.
All augments should be Reflex 22.
All mods: Agile 27 / Agile 27A
All Enhancements: Adept 27
All Shells: Tionese/Columni/Rakata because their set bonus is attached to shell, not armoring. Allows you to place Reflex 27 armoring in all slots for max stats.
All Armorings: Reflex 27
Barrel: Reflex 27
This is pretty much spot on, but I would not go with the 75-80% surge. At 75%, the diminishing returns you get for surge rating are not worth the sacrifice on other stats. Get to 75% and stop. From there you will have to swap mods/Enhancements to keep things level as you build your set.

Campaign/DG armorings will not double your bonus, BUT....if you have Campaign/DG armorings, those armor mods carry the set bonus rather than the shell. This allows you to customize your look. But again, Shark is on the mark as far as getting ready and maxed out for the HM TFB/NM EC content.

Shark, my question to you is whether or not your 35% crit rating is with buff and stim or without?

geftra
11.12.2012 , 11:48 AM | #12
you actually want 76% surge because the 1% from companion is not affected my diminishing returns.
its the same for crit you want 36% unbuffed

DkSharktooth
11.12.2012 , 12:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BlownSi View Post
This is pretty much spot on, but I would not go with the 75-80% surge. At 75%, the diminishing returns you get for surge rating are not worth the sacrifice on other stats. Get to 75% and stop. From there you will have to swap mods/Enhancements to keep things level as you build your set.

Campaign/DG armorings will not double your bonus, BUT....if you have Campaign/DG armorings, those armor mods carry the set bonus rather than the shell. This allows you to customize your look. But again, Shark is on the mark as far as getting ready and maxed out for the HM TFB/NM EC content.

Shark, my question to you is whether or not your 35% crit rating is with buff and stim or without?
With buffs

xstortion
11.12.2012 , 01:02 PM | #14
May be a stupid question but how do you get the surge percentage? On askmrrobot it only comes up in a numeric value.

Mr_Fuzzle
11.12.2012 , 01:20 PM | #15
The surge percentage is your cirtical multiplier.

xstortion
11.12.2012 , 01:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr_Fuzzle View Post
The surge percentage is your cirtical multiplier.
TY for clearing that up

DMDias
11.12.2012 , 02:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by geftra View Post
you actually want 76% surge because the 1% from companion is not affected my diminishing returns.
its the same for crit you want 36% unbuffed
Nope, u need 30% unbuffed... u will get to 35% with the Operative buff.
Me fail english?! Tha's unpossible!

geftra
11.12.2012 , 03:49 PM | #18
my bad you want 42% fully buffed actually. as the % increases dont affect diminishing returns

Akam
11.13.2012 , 02:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
[With all 4 Buffs]
35% crit, 75-80% surge, the rest into power and very little alacrity. You want about 1.7x second cast for pve for rapid scan with critical reaction proced.
All augments should be Reflex 22.
All mods: Agile 27 / Agile 27A
All Enhancements: Adept 27
All Shells: Tionese/Columni/Rakata because their set bonus is attached to shell, not armoring. Allows you to place Reflex 27 armoring in all slots for max stats.
All Armorings: Reflex 27
Barrel: Reflex 27
I also recommend this setup. A top tier bodyguard merc will have +80% surge (even with the DR) for the following reason: THERE IS NO OTHER ENHANCEMENT THAT GIVES POWER.

My current stats (buffed) are;

AIM: 2378
Power: 1210
Crit: 35.48%
Surge: 80.21%
Alacrity: 4% (9% w/ Critical Reaction)
hmd MAGENTA
5/5 NiM TFB | 5/5 NiM S&V | 5/5 NiM DF | 5/5 NiM DP

From Beyond | Dragonslayer | Gatecrasher

darthtrunkmonkey
11.14.2012 , 06:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
That is so painfully not BiS. Just the fact that you even suggest 80% Surge is laughable.
the funny thing about this troll is comparable to people that say dulfy doesnt do anything for the community of swtor

shark is the dulfy of the BH community...i vote shark the first BH Mayor of swtor