Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does this ever happen to tanks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Does this ever happen to tanks?

Rincewend
11.12.2012 , 02:19 AM | #21
As a DPS PT I pulled some mobs off our tank in the last FP, but was at the request of the healer, I had better gear than our Jug Tank. We were running a lvl 25 FP; and I had something like 2-3k hp over the tank. The healer was good, but having trouble keeping the tank up. (We were also having the problem with him breaking the CC on some mobs). Tank was upset at the end of the run, saying if I have so much HP I should Q as a tank not DPS.

I just told him Sorry, one of my alts is a Cyber so I wear all purple armor, mods and ear.

Daxy
11.14.2012 , 05:58 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
If they do it well, this is the kind of DPS* I'd love to THANK at the end of the run.

That said, I'd bet a dollar that they're actually Powertech Tanks who queued up as tanks AND DPS in order to get into a party as soon as possible.
i bet the ptech didnt realize he was q'd as dps

the same thing happened the other day on my healer
i q'd up- both dps and healer were checked liked the other 1000 times when i q'd and ran as healer (my spec)
we start fp and 4/5 through i realize i'm not the "healer"
still got through the fp fine - no one ever seemed to get below 80% but it took a bit of time to kill a few things

bottom line- it happens- if there was no wipe in a random pug i consider it a victory