Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar as a Playable Species

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cathar as a Playable Species

StefanTOR
11.14.2012 , 04:50 PM | #231
I really want to play the Jedi Knight story with a Cathar, Juhani was my favorite companion in KOTOR. This species needs to become playable very soon!

JediMB
11.14.2012 , 04:54 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by StefanTOR View Post
I really want to play the Jedi Knight story with a Cathar, Juhani was my favorite companion in KOTOR. This species needs to become playable very soon!
Agreed. I'm saving my Jedi Knight slot for when Cathar becomes playable.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Legolose
11.14.2012 , 05:03 PM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by LuggerTheHyena View Post
I think I get why the hatred for cathars. A lot of people are too scared of being accused of playing cartoon characters. Well, if I'm wrong, why people always name cathars thundercats and claim they "don't belong"?
This is true, I mean really who wants to play a Thundercat anyway when there was a heck of alot more species that they could have added....

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
If you stay as a subscriber when f2p opens you will be getting 10 more character slots so ....
Vos'feratu | 55 | Sorcerer Vittoneli | 55 | Gunslinger
Vos'barake | 55| Guardian Vos'mauul | 55 | Sentinel
Server | The Shadowlands |

Uluain
11.14.2012 , 05:13 PM | #234
Plenty of people do want Cathar, which is why BioWare chose them as the pilot run for any new species: they were consistantly high in player preference whenever the question was asked in the past.

Quote: Originally Posted by Legolose View Post
If you stay as a subscriber when f2p opens you will be getting 10 more character slots so ....
No, subscribers still have 12. Free players who become subscribers are upgraded 10 slots, from 2 to 12.

And funny how quickly folks jump in to bump anything else if an SGR thread it at the head of a line.

happysister
11.14.2012 , 11:19 PM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Shukan View Post
I just wish they would roll out the Cathar as they promised this past Summer. What gets me that they promise this for this year and it still has NOT happened. No wonder BW is losing subscribers hand over foot.
they said "in the coming year" not specifically in 2012. it hasn't been a year since they made the cathar announcement yet.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

SilentKitty
11.17.2012 , 06:38 PM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
I'll be playing a cathar trooper =) hope we will get them soon!

Thargrim
11.18.2012 , 07:52 PM | #237
Its been a long time since Cathar were announced, starting to think it may not be happening now...too many layoffs maybe.

happysister
11.18.2012 , 08:11 PM | #238
if i had to guess, they'd be coming in the next patch.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

Spaceman_Spee
11.19.2012 , 06:34 PM | #239
When?

Kilikaa
11.19.2012 , 06:43 PM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
they said "in the coming year" not specifically in 2012. it hasn't been a year since they made the cathar announcement yet.
At E3 they announced it as coming this year, meaning 2012. Since then a lot of crap has happened that changed the entire timetable, so who knows when they will come out. I still say March 2013 we will get them.