Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aikon
11.12.2012 , 10:23 AM | #121
LI could have better loot, but I'd rather there be "nightmare mode" flashpoints for some instances (not all, but some) that could drop better loot.

I wonder if that is being considered or if people would complain since we'd be running the same flashpoints.
Tell me... How can there be Peace without Emotion? How can there be Knowledge without Ignorance?
How can there be Serenity without Passion? And how can there be Death without the Force?

Ms_Sunlight
11.12.2012 , 10:31 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Aikon View Post
LI could have better loot, but I'd rather there be "nightmare mode" flashpoints for some instances (not all, but some) that could drop better loot.

I wonder if that is being considered or if people would complain since we'd be running the same flashpoints.
I think it's time for a HM version of Mandalorian Raiders and Cademimu. Perhaps these could have ramped-up difficulty and mechanics to make them Tier 2. We do need more challenge.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

USCG_Davis
11.12.2012 , 10:40 AM | #123
A couple of my guildies just hit 50 yesterday. Both have full 61 BiS mains so they are extremely competent raiders. One has a Mara main and the other has an Operative healer. The Mara rolled an assassin tank and the Operative rolled a Merc. The Merc had 15k health and the Assassin had around 18-20k, forget the exact number. They wiped twice on the entire instance. The other dps was a 18k Sniper and the Healer was a 19k Merc. Neither of the other players were guilded or in optimized gear. All gear in the instance was a mash up of Columi, Recruit, and Battlemaster, with the Merc possibly having the Rakata Chest. It took them 25 minutes to clear it. People who say this Flashpoint is too hard have a serious case of lazy. This FP takes about 5 mins of research on Youtube to have a firm grasp on EVERY SINGLE MECHANIC. LI HM is the preferred daily BH run in guild because our top raiders can clear it in about 15 minutes. You can can call me out on as much of this as you want, but at the end of the day if you cant clear LI HM and youre attacking me for showing how easy it is, use those 5 minutes you spent to write the post and Youtube LI HM instead.
-Atriss

Monoth
11.14.2012 , 02:14 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
I don't see any Tionese tanks surviving the last fight with Lokin too well (tank is gonna eat some satchels), so I don't agree the mission is designed for that level of gear. This mission is listed as a Hard level 2, so theoretically everybody will be in full Columi before they walk in. If the mobs dropped Rakata-level amoring, mods, and enhancements the loot would be better balanced.
Figure the loot drops are for your companions..... BTW I have tanked it in mix of Tionese and Columi on my BH tank and it wasn't to bad as long as you have a healer who knows what he's doing...

I've found the biggest obstacle to HM LI is healers, if you bring one that is not that good it's going to be wipe city... But bring in a good healer and as long as everyone knows the mechanics of the fights it's pretty easy to do without having to wear Rakata gear..
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Khevar
11.14.2012 , 03:20 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Figure the loot drops are for your companions..... BTW I have tanked it in mix of Tionese and Columi on my BH tank and it wasn't to bad as long as you have a healer who knows what he's doing...

I've found the biggest obstacle to HM LI is healers, if you bring one that is not that good it's going to be wipe city... But bring in a good healer and as long as everyone knows the mechanics of the fights it's pretty easy to do without having to wear Rakata gear..
In my personal opinion, the only fight that is healer intensive is Project Sav-Rak, when he jumps on a pipe and hurls radioactive poo. The other fights are more reliant on interrupting or avoiding damage.

1. Interrupt incinerate. As a tank I can catch most incrinerates at about 0.5 seconds taking no damange at all. The only other heavy damage is Experimental Cannon on one of the non tanks. As a healer, that hasn't been too hard to handle. Also, the adds do very little damage if they're focusing on the tank (aoe taunt ftw).
2. Green goo with Lorick can be cleansed. Off-healers and some tanks can self cleanse, in addition to the healers cleanse.
3. Satchel charges can be dodged. I actually prefer the left-right strafe than the run around the kolto tank. It's not that hard to avoid every satchel charge this way.
4. Interrupting Ravage is pretty key and reduces a lot of damage.
5. As a healer in the final stage of the Lorick fight I'll just plop a salvation by the door and help out on the dps.

Aurojiin
11.14.2012 , 04:11 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
3. Satchel charges can be dodged. I actually prefer the left-right strafe than the run around the kolto tank. It's not that hard to avoid every satchel charge this way.
This. We did a three DPS run last week to speed it up, and I ended up tanking on my sentinel. I've never done it before, but I didn't pick up a single charge. It's not rocket science.

Of course, if you're a keyboard turning clicker you're screwed.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Ycoga
11.16.2012 , 09:45 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by VulcanLogic View Post
Did it on my Jugg in full recruit the day he turned 50. Granted the rest of the group was in better gear, but it's not impossible to do.
You didn't 'do it'. THEY did it and carried you with them.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasnít fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Khevar
11.16.2012 , 09:57 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
You didn't 'do it'. THEY did it and carried you with them.
You're conveniently overlooking the earlier post of the group that did it in full Tionese.

haliy
11.16.2012 , 10:54 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Aikon View Post

I could see the dev's taking the lazy way and creating the nm mode to be what LI HM used to be before the nerf and even then, i would not want to see better loot because it was pretty easy. Regardless of that, It already drops beter loot compared to the other HM Fp's.

HM LI: Columi for each boss and Rakata for the last boss.
All other HM FP's: Tionese for each boss and Columi for the last boss.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ KŠja - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

DakotaDoc
11.16.2012 , 01:03 PM | #130
Seems to me, if you try this FP without full Columi it is extremely difficult. Far too many people are unable to pug group it. People that don't have the fortune of a large exp guild have only this to bridge Columi to Black Hole or better gear. The drops in this Tier 2 FP need to be Rakata or better.