Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Section X and HK-51 Missions in Game Update 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Section X and HK-51 Missions in Game Update 1.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eillack
11.14.2012 , 01:27 PM | #21
Funny how "Section X" has always been in game.

Someone during 1.2 posted a youtube video of the unfinished map as he explored it haha.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Ink-Blot
11.14.2012 , 01:29 PM | #22
It's funny that they mention the thought of the ship crash being on Hoth. In fact the quest to get to the HK ship was on Hoth in the beta. After you completed the quest line the imperial commander said that they were shipping the droids back to Dromund Kaas to be studied. So if you played the beta, the adding of HK not that big of a surprise. I do want him very much, but as someone else said, what are we getting besides another companion to do dailies with. I want a new warzone already. Come on guy. It's been long enough. Tired of the same 4.
Sniper Shinro Mercenary Fulcore Juggernaut Starflame Sorcerer Ink-Blot
Assassin TiffaPowertech Cěnder

kevlarto
11.14.2012 , 01:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimbomer View Post
No more Operations and Flashpoints! Please work on other things that will expand the game . I see that in every Big update its the same things over and over again . Add things to worlds that will draw people there so theres not 400 people on a fleet . Add Gambling on Nar Shadar , add pod racing on tatooine, I mean just things like this adds more depth and gives us more things to do that will make this game more dynamic.
I agree, good open world pvp dynamic and flowing, DOAC style, pod, swoop, racing this is a huge IP there is no limit on what can be done, only self imposed limit that EA has on creativity..

I am looking forward doing the HK quest line, and seeing the cartel store.. I hope as the future unfolds so does really new stuff and not the same ole thing over an over, I sure would like my toon to feel like it lives in the world an not just playing though it.
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

lvlogan
11.14.2012 , 01:54 PM | #24
As a pure PvP'r, I have only one question regarding the new companion.

Does max'ing out his affection award a stat bonus?

AshlaBoga
11.14.2012 , 02:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darguth View Post
So...what can I use HK-51 for after I acquire him as a level 50? I mean, other than the relatively mind-numbing uses like running more dailies and crafting?

I really wish companions had any real gameplay effect in the end-game.
He's pretty much the same as the other 5 companions you get, only his dps when decked out is supposedly better than Revel/Vette/Gault.

For non-tanks, he's probably the best companion to solo HM fps with (best set up is tank w/h healer comp).

Since crafting isn't your thing - his +1 crit makes him cheaper than the ship droid crafting parts - then I'd suggest just using him on your lowbies.

I'm going to get him on my main and then drop 1M on him to use him on my lowbies. A great present for my Jedi Shadow or Gunslinger
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Arodin
11.14.2012 , 02:31 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
Do Subscribers have to buy access to Section X? I don't believe they do, but just need clarification.
.....No.....

Rencon
11.14.2012 , 02:36 PM | #27
That strange in it says it in clear english text in my codex under the name "The fatality Crash" that its the ship on hoth. It talks about being one of the empires losses in the great battle of hoth. A sleek fast warship called the FATALIITY. if thats not enough info the codex goes on to talk about the ship carrying a mass amount of HK-51 drods. So its no mass delusion we are not stupid ye probably just remove the codex for the newer players

Eillack
11.14.2012 , 02:48 PM | #28
I guess BW forgot the whole HK-51 quest began on Hoth in Beta...along with being able to kill companions / being betrayed by them
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Gekke_Geert
11.14.2012 , 03:02 PM | #29
My question is. Do you realy need a lvl 50 char for this?
My highest is a 43 commando at the moment and because Im a RP'er I dont feel like playing all the way to 50 before I can get him. Id like to get him now and play the rest of my story with HK at my side.

Amodin
11.14.2012 , 03:02 PM | #30
Not really sure if he is playing around or what, but:

Quote:
(As a side note: For some reason a lot of players seem to think that The Fatality wreck is located on Hoth. We cannot explain and are baffled by this impression, as the wreck in question on Hoth is clearly the Ambria's Fury. It must just be some mass delusion brought on by the Dread Masters)

We hope you’ll enjoy the new challenges awaiting you in Section X!

Jesse Sky
Original Game Codex Text
Among the Empire’s losses in Hoth’s fabled space battle was a sleek, fast warship designated the Fatality. Until recently, the ship’s manifest had remained a mystery to all but the highest Imperial echelons. The only certainty was that the Imperial Moffs were most distressed at the ship’s loss. The wreck of the Fatality was recently discovered by Imperial and Republic forces, but their initial scouting parties soon learned that White Maw pirates had beaten them to the prize. The combined attacks of these enemy forces eventually drove away the White Maw invaders and revealed the Fatality’s precious cargo: a legion of deactivated HK-51 assassin droids, the galaxy’s most advanced extermination machines.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/img/lore_ob..._58_417968.jpg