Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

Crawelc's Avatar


Crawelc
11.14.2012 , 11:04 AM | #161
2 root breaks for combat sents, ok sounds good.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.14.2012 , 11:37 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by BoDiE View Post
A lot of bluster from another mara. You cannot interrupt leap, when they're on you , all the cc in the works isn't going to stop one face rolling. I don't care who you are unless you can stealth if course.
I believe the solution offered by another poster of dueling a mara frequently may assist you in countering the abilities they possess, but I apologize that I cannot be more helpful to you since you have provided no descriptions and I am working from guesswork. I also can only provide solid counters for sorc/sage since that is my main (no mara bluster here) and I only have a level 38 marauder. If you would like some advice, I'm sure we'd be happy to assist if you provided your current class and strategy with what is giving you the most trouble at this time. I am pretty familiar with the mechanics of most classes, sin/shadow being my weakest area but also one that doesn't have much trouble with maras right now.
I have opinions and stuff

Phasersablaze's Avatar


Phasersablaze
11.14.2012 , 11:37 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
Here's the part where your argument is dumb: if it's more than a 1v1 then cc the sent (or ignore him) and ff the healer(s) first. If you are ff the wrong target you need to work on your team targeting (l2p)?

Force stasis vs regular stun:
3 v 4 secs
Can be broken by any stray cc in the game
Very weak damage
Syncing issues can leave my sent out of melee range while using

My sent will take a stun over GBTF any day of the week. It's a better defense in skirmishes and duels and it's the best offense vs healers.
If you would trade UR/GBTF for a stun, then you have a serious lack of understanding when it comes to PVP. Nothing can beat a godmode ability in objective based PVP, and if you were a good player you wouldn't have trouble killing healers in the first place.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
11.14.2012 , 11:48 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
I would somehow manage to live with this nerf.
That's probably because that would not be a nerf...

Belly's Avatar


Belly
11.14.2012 , 12:18 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post

Sith Warrior

Marauder

Undying Rage now no longer consumes 50% of the players current health when activated and its duration is now 5 seconds. The effect no longer reduces damage by 99% but now increases resistance to force and tech attacks by 100% and melee defense by 50%. Undying Rage now also removes all movement impairing effects when activated.

So, like a more awesome version of force shroud/resilience
No, resilience is mine! you can not has
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.14.2012 , 01:14 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
Here's the part where your argument is dumb: if it's more than a 1v1 then cc the sent (or ignore him) and ff the healer(s) first. If you are ff the wrong target you need to work on your team targeting (l2p)?

Force stasis vs regular stun:
3 v 4 secs
Can be broken by any stray cc in the game
Very weak damage
Syncing issues can leave my sent out of melee range while using

My sent will take a stun over GBTF any day of the week. It's a better defense in skirmishes and duels and it's the best offense vs healers.
And you just proved my point why GBTF is better than a stun. It forces team to NOT FF the sent. And CCing them only works if their healers are too stupid to use cleanse.

It's funny you claim having a regular stun is the best defense in skirmishes and duels, yet fail to realize sents are currently one of the best duelers right now, even though every other class (except guardians) has a regular stun, and sents don't.

God you are bad. Like 700 RWZ rating bad. And the worst part about your baddiness is that you really think you're good. You're the kind of idiot who probably yells at their team in WZs for sucking, but at the end of the match has done jack****. Please go play Hello Kitty Island Adventures instead.

Exgrunt's Avatar


Exgrunt
11.14.2012 , 01:17 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
If you would trade UR/GBTF for a stun, then you have a serious lack of understanding when it comes to PVP. Nothing can beat a godmode ability in objective based PVP, and if you were a good player you wouldn't have trouble killing healers in the first place.
How many times have I explained to you how easy it is to counter Undying Rage. Seriously if you and your team are not a bunch of complete and total idiots you could completely shut down my rotation then when i hit UR around 25% shut that down bam I'm dead. Its not the fault of those of us that play mara that most pplare to frickin stupid to learn the counters and instead scream nerf.
Have fun Kill pubs

Phasersablaze's Avatar


Phasersablaze
11.14.2012 , 02:25 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Exgrunt View Post
How many times have I explained to you how easy it is to counter Undying Rage. Seriously if you and your team are not a bunch of complete and total idiots you could completely shut down my rotation then when i hit UR around 25% shut that down bam I'm dead. Its not the fault of those of us that play mara that most pplare to frickin stupid to learn the counters and instead scream nerf.
A veteran PVP player would understand that PVP environment is very volatile. Sorry, but "use your stun" looks great on paper, but just isn't practical. What if your stun is down from having used it on someone else? What if you are stunned yourself by someone else? What is he has full resolve? Once again, this is 8v8 not 1v1 and anyone who would even consider trading UR/GBTF for a stun lacks fundamental understanding of the PVP environment.

A good marauder will learn how to take advantace of the situation and use his abilities (including Undying Rage) to their fullest potential.

BoDiE's Avatar


BoDiE
11.14.2012 , 02:27 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I believe the solution offered by another poster of dueling a mara frequently may assist you in countering the abilities they possess, but I apologize that I cannot be more helpful to you since you have provided no descriptions and I am working from guesswork. I also can only provide solid counters for sorc/sage since that is my main (no mara bluster here) and I only have a level 38 marauder. If you would like some advice, I'm sure we'd be happy to assist if you provided your current class and strategy with what is giving you the most trouble at this time. I am pretty familiar with the mechanics of most classes, sin/shadow being my weakest area but also one that doesn't have much trouble with maras right now.
Ok let's see a video of you rolling maras for fun or your simply lying. I believe your main is a mara or you wouldn't be getting involved. So please stop spreading your cheeks and telling us its ice cream.
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

BoDiE's Avatar


BoDiE
11.14.2012 , 02:36 PM | #170
Oh, and there will be a nerf regardless
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.