Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Newly introduced hybrid "Trucker Spec"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Newly introduced hybrid "Trucker Spec"

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.14.2012 , 01:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcCaptain View Post
I use that spec (Just change the two points from Rail loader to Iron fist) in ranked and it performs really well. I use it as a offtank/dps but my main role is to protect the healers and occasionally guard nodes when our shadow can't. I run full dps gear with aim augments as the tanking stats in the game are pretty useless for pvp.
Mines a little different than this one too but almost the same. Can't remember off the top of my head but I know my 10 in shield is a little different. Same here, no matter the character I'm always on healer harassment and peeling duty. Full DPS (other than offhand) Noticed it helps damage mitigation slightly and stacking aim as well.

Piam's Avatar


Piam
11.14.2012 , 02:09 PM | #22
Wow this spec is great! Is there even a point of bringing Jugg/Guardian tanks anymore?

ArcCaptain's Avatar


ArcCaptain
11.14.2012 , 02:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Mines a little different than this one too but almost the same. Can't remember off the top of my head but I know my 10 in shield is a little different. Same here, no matter the character I'm always on healer harassment and peeling duty. Full DPS (other than offhand) Noticed it helps damage mitigation slightly and stacking aim as well.
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...c-5a0045610fbd
This is my setup, made sure it was up to date. My main job is the do what the dps do unless the healers come under heavy fire. In the case of this I change my objective to peeling and focus completely on protecting them.
Hybrid Tank Shadow | Sheltun
Nostrum Dolus

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.14.2012 , 02:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcCaptain View Post
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...c-5a0045610fbd
This is my setup, made sure it was up to date. My main job is the do what the dps do unless the healers come under heavy fire. In the case of this I change my objective to peeling and focus completely on protecting them.
It's actually really nice for peeling I think.

If coming from a distance I can grapple one melee off of em. Gives them a little more breathing room. Get that flame thrower ready, carbonize, and YOGA FLAME! Drop a Death From Above on em and it definitely makes em scatter a bit and gives a healer some breathing room.

Even though it's horrible for heat management I'll even hit the healer hunters ALL with retractable blade real quick so my healer can make his escape easier. On top of the guard and taunts... I love it for peeling.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
11.14.2012 , 03:04 PM | #25
isnt that the same as the carolina parakeet build from before 1.2?

SOULCASTER's Avatar


SOULCASTER
11.14.2012 , 04:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MrGrzecka View Post
Yesterday , 06:17 AM | #1
EDIT REPORT POST QUOTE
a 3k+ rated powertech is here to show you the hidden Tank/pyro hybrid which I have created called "Trucker spec" 21/2/18 I run this spec in rateds all the time its very viable.
I've been running this build on my Vanguard since well before 1.4 came out. I'm kind of sorry you, that you feel the need to make yourself sound important by claiming you've ''invented it'', sadly you did not. But I'm sure others appreciate you posting it. It is a very fun and unique build. I know I enjoy it, ya know, since I invented it months ago.

Also I don't know where all you people come up with the ''names'' for these builds. Trucker spec? really? That's even worse than Carolina Parakeet. At least you kept to the theme of these apparent build names that make absolutely no sense.
5x Season 1 ALL-STAR
This game needs an NGE.

SOULCASTER's Avatar


SOULCASTER
11.14.2012 , 04:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
isnt that the same as the carolina parakeet build from before 1.2?
Its very similar, however C.P build was using Ion Cell where now its using plasma cell. Because of the plasma cell changes to the HIB box

gofortheko's Avatar


gofortheko
11.14.2012 , 04:41 PM | #28
Dude that spec is old, and it was called Carolina Parakeet. When you could trigger HIB in any stance it was the best but not so much now.
Weapon-of War
Juggernaut:Sentinel:Operative:Sage:Commando:Shadow :Guardian
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger