Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Newly introduced hybrid "Trucker Spec"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Newly introduced hybrid "Trucker Spec"

Lord_Karsk
11.08.2012 , 02:57 AM | #11
You guys have alot to learn, this is the best pvp tank spec that is also great fun to play
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801GoGMdRMRZrkrroZb.2

vimm
11.14.2012 , 06:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
There aren't many though, I mean, if you want to DPS, you have pyrotech in the same gear.
I will take your word for it!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

ArcCaptain
11.14.2012 , 06:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
Calculator link broken as of now, my guess would be something like this (put 2 point wherever u want):
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301uMhrdMboZZfhrbzh.2

Doesn't really seem that good, you don't have have 30% more surge on rs, nor that much survivability since shield is "meh" in pvp.

For tank/utility it's better to go AP and use ion cylinder
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GMhZMsrrobfkds.2

- Interrupt with 6s cd
- Hydraulic Overrides are awesome
- Prototype Flame Thrower deals a lot of damage and slows by 70%
- 30% less damage taken while stunned is a HUGE difference
- 30% less aoe damage taken is awesome with the smash spec buffs
- 30% more surge on flame burst, rocket punch and immolate
- Can get over 90% damage reduction, if you get stunned while your Energy Shield is up
Stop stealing my spec Gosia!
Shadow | Etun
Nostrum Dolus

DaedalusV
11.14.2012 , 08:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcCaptain View Post
Stop stealing my spec Gosia!
ogle runs it as well
so not yours tbh
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

ArcCaptain
11.14.2012 , 09:49 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
ogle runs it as well
so not yours tbh
I never stated I'd invented it, just that he'd taken the idea from me, seeing as we play together alot
Shadow | Etun
Nostrum Dolus

DaedalusV
11.14.2012 , 09:58 AM | #16
I never stated I'd invented it, just that he'd taken the idea from me, seeing as we play together alot
True

Was just giving you lip Etun.

Now bury this thread quick, no one should start getting the idea that vanguard tanks are actually viable
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

ArcCaptain
11.14.2012 , 10:05 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
True

Was just giving you lip Etun.

Now bury this thread quick, no one should start getting the idea that vanguard tanks are actually viable
perfectly viable, just boring imo
Shadow | Etun
Nostrum Dolus

UGLYMRJ
11.14.2012 , 12:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
Calculator link broken as of now, my guess would be something like this (put 2 point wherever u want):
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301uMhrdMboZZfhrbzh.2

Doesn't really seem that good, you don't have have 30% more surge on rs, nor that much survivability since shield is "meh" in pvp.

For tank/utility it's better to go AP and use ion cylinder
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GMhZMsrrobfkds.2

- Interrupt with 6s cd
- Hydraulic Overrides are awesome
- Prototype Flame Thrower deals a lot of damage and slows by 70%
- 30% less damage taken while stunned is a HUGE difference
- 30% less aoe damage taken is awesome with the smash spec buffs
- 30% more surge on flame burst, rocket punch and immolate
- Can get over 90% damage reduction, if you get stunned while your Energy Shield is up
I hate Pyro as it is right now... feels boring and narrow and have been using this spec for months now and for fun in regular WZ's. Have yet to try it in rated but my PT isn't fully geared yet.

I love this spec tho! So much damn fun and I often top DPS AND protection. So far in full BM gear my top stat games are between 500-600K DPS and 150-200K protection.

Is anyone actually using this spec in rated tho? I planned on trying it just because... but would love to hear feedback on how well it does in rated. Would you use it as a main tank or a DPS with an ability to guard basically?

ArcCaptain
11.14.2012 , 12:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Is anyone actually using this spec in rated tho? I planned on trying it just because... but would love to hear feedback on how well it does in rated. Would you use it as a main tank or a DPS with an ability to guard basically?
I use that spec (Just change the two points from Rail loader to Iron fist) in ranked and it performs really well. I use it as a offtank/dps but my main role is to protect the healers and occasionally guard nodes when our shadow can't. I run full dps gear with aim augments as the tanking stats in the game are pretty useless for pvp.
Shadow | Etun
Nostrum Dolus

Smashbrother
11.14.2012 , 01:36 PM | #20
I use that spec (Just change the two points from Rail loader to Iron fist) in ranked and it performs really well. I use it as a offtank/dps but my main role is to protect the healers and occasionally guard nodes when our shadow can't. I run full dps gear with aim augments as the tanking stats in the game are pretty useless for pvp.
But you do use a shield though right?