Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resurrecting Vader (from death). Star Wars episode 7, already ruined.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Resurrecting Vader (from death). Star Wars episode 7, already ruined.

chuixupu
11.13.2012 , 08:28 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
It's a gossip column. Take it with a tiny grain of salt.
^ This

Don't jump to conclusions because of this article. it's so early yet that I doubt anyone knows any solid information, and very likely this was something blown out of proportion to get attention.

If he does return, it could be in the form of a flashback. I remember going through this same thing with The Hobbit movies when it was leaked that certain characters in LOTR would be in it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Eillack
11.13.2012 , 09:25 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Evil spirit of Exar Kun came back. And George almost put the spirit of Revan and Bane in the clonewars.
And we know they can take ove a body.
Newsflash!

"Vader" does not exist. When Anakin redeemed himself and killed Palpatine he became his former self...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Xatasha
11.13.2012 , 09:56 PM | #103
The Dark side cave where Luke faced a vision of Vadar. When he cut Vadar's head off, it was his own face behind the mask. Maybe that was a vision of Luke's future? Or more likely it is a gossip rag that is just spreading rumors

BlazingShadow
11.13.2012 , 11:49 PM | #104
Vader returning?

RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

RAAAAGE

NOOOO!!!
NO
NOOO!!!!

ARRRGGHGHGHGHGH I HATE YOU DISNEY

NOOO!!!!

F**** NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am angrier than Darth Vader at the end of Episode 3... No, I am angrier than that... I AM ANGRIER THAN SOMEONE IN THE THEATRE WATCHING DARTH VADER IN EPISODE THREE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Diefenbaker
11.14.2012 , 06:20 AM | #105
Had no plans watching it when the news first broke, so this changes nothing for me. Face it, Star Wars has been on its deathbed since GL started "improving" the OT. The EU started die when crap like NJO was published. It can only go down from there.
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

Malefik
11.14.2012 , 07:24 AM | #106
Has to be movies in a time line between the org. SW movies. Anikans/Vaders redemption was what "made the circle complete". SW's is hero rises, hero falls, hero is redeemed. Bringing Vader back unless its in the context of time between the current movies craps on the whole story. Might as well turn SW into a cartoon.
BLESSED DARKNESS
~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~
~~x~~x~~> May the Dark Light shine! <~~x~~x~~

Serving the Dark Side since 1999

Eillack
11.14.2012 , 07:42 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
they haven't even started it and you think its ruined?

What about the Prequels? Lucas made those with no regard to the established canon.

don't lie though as soon as the trailers for it come out you will be there opening night.
For the most part I liked the PT due to their Greek Tragedy nature. I still don't understand all the rage over that.

This idea though is something to worry about, it not only makes RotJ pointless, it also destroys EU.

And nope, I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing these "Star Wars" films.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

jarjarloves
11.14.2012 , 09:28 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
For the most part I liked the PT due to their Greek Tragedy nature. I still don't understand all the rage over that.

This idea though is something to worry about, it not only makes RotJ pointless, it also destroys EU.

And nope, I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing these "Star Wars" films.
it doesn't ruin anything because

1. we don't know if the rumor is even true.
2. we don't know what in context. It could be in the form of flashbacks, holovids, or even visions.
3. It could also mean that Luke becomes Vader. Someone was talking about how Lucas wanted Luke to fall to the darkside in one of his early story treatments.

Tomb-Stone
11.14.2012 , 12:46 PM | #109
I wouldn't even bother getting excited over this article until this information is confirmed by a credible, named source within the Disney / Lucas organization.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

Beniboybling
11.14.2012 , 01:12 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomb-Stone View Post
I wouldn't even bother getting excited over this article until this information is confirmed by a credible, named source within the Disney / Lucas organization.
My thoughts exactly, the identity of this 'film mole' is suspiciously ambiguous, we have no reason to believe this article.