Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.14.2012 , 11:41 AM | #791
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
Normal warzones are getting unbalanced as hell.

We have many heroes that get ***** in Ranked and go in premade with the WH friends to normal warzones.
Now i ask, how can a random group with recruit gear win against this premades ??

Dont understand why Bioware allows players go in premades in normal warzones...whats the point of Ranked then ? I see many ppl going to Ranked only to farm more fast WH gear to after go in premades to normal warzones...***

Many ppl are getting off of pvp because of this, and Gratz to this kind of WH players that go in premades to normal warzones instead of going to Ranked.
Ranked is for 8 players.

Regular is for 1-4.

There isn't always going to be 8 players available within the guild with a good class set up.

You know what we do when we have a fresh 50 on our team... make sure that the other 3 in the group are geared well. You will rarely see us grouped up with more than one fresh 50. It's called playing the odds and playing smart.

Seriously... Do it... Do it...

chaosmadness's Avatar


chaosmadness
11.14.2012 , 11:50 AM | #792
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Ranked is for 8 players.

Regular is for 1-4.

There isn't always going to be 8 players available within the guild with a good class set up.

You know what we do when we have a fresh 50 on our team... make sure that the other 3 in the group are geared well. You will rarely see us grouped up with more than one fresh 50. It's called playing the odds and playing smart.
So whats the point of Ranked dude ? Ppl are not doing Ranked in my server because they can go in premade to normal and its a easy win against randoms in low gear...Is this fun ?

You see Normal Warzones balanced ? I dont.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.14.2012 , 11:58 AM | #793
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
So whats the point of Ranked dude ? Ppl are not doing Ranked in my server because they can go in premade to normal and its a easy win against randoms in low gear...Is this fun ?

You see Normal Warzones balanced ? I dont.
Ranked is for competitive PvP. Unfortunately most of the populations are filled with non-competitive players who do not attempt to get better or improve, in an attempt to reach that competitive level. The players killed ranked.

You know an easy way to balance normal war zones? If more people grouped up with decent class set ups... it would help balance the game. This solo queue idea that's floating around would create even more imbalance. It would be one horribly set up team of classes after the other.

At least with the option to queue with 4 people you can create at least one half of a decently set up team. If more people did it... the chance would improve more.

It's not my fault people aren't taking advantage of the system in the way it's designed. Do you think that regular war zone groups were limited to 4 people on accident? Or maybe they did it on purpose so people would set up half of a decent group and queue up.

I could care less... competition is fun and if I can't get that... winning is the next funnest thing to competition. Use the system or get abused by the people who are.

Vasagi's Avatar


Vasagi
11.14.2012 , 11:59 AM | #794
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
So whats the point of Ranked dude ? Ppl are not doing Ranked in my server because they can go in premade to normal and its a easy win against randoms in low gear...Is this fun ?

You see Normal Warzones balanced ? I dont.
For whatever reason, a large percentage of people will not take part in competition unless they know they will win. Seems contrary to the point of competing, but some just need a prop for their inflated egos I suppose.

chaosmadness's Avatar


chaosmadness
11.14.2012 , 12:00 PM | #795
And i say more, the fun of doing pvp for solo players are getting over each day and you know why ?
Because they know if queue again they gonna have other premade and gonna loose again, and this its not fun and we play to have some fun, isn't it ?

Vasagi's Avatar


Vasagi
11.14.2012 , 12:03 PM | #796
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Ranked is for competitive PvP. Unfortunately most of the populations are filled with non-competitive players who do not attempt to get better or improve, in an attempt to reach that competitive level. The players killed ranked.

I could care less... competition is fun and if I can't get that... winning is the next funnest thing to competition. Use the system or get abused by the people who are.
So if cross-server PVP was implemented, and the player pool was finally large enough to support better PVP, what would a solo-only queue take from you? You would have the population to do ranked, or even 4man non-ranked in a seperate bracket. You lose nothing by allowing new players and "baddies" their own queue. The only difference is that you would have to apply your skill to earn your comms, rather than farming players who cannot compete with you and your premade.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.14.2012 , 12:07 PM | #797
Quote: Originally Posted by Vasagi View Post
So if cross-server PVP was implemented, and the player pool was finally large enough to support better PVP, what would a solo-only queue take from you? You would have the population to do ranked, or even 4man non-ranked in a seperate bracket. You lose nothing by allowing new players and "baddies" their own queue. The only difference is that you would have to apply your skill to earn your comms, rather than farming players who cannot compete with you and your premade.
Even though I still think it's a bad idea that promotes non-competitive game play like I've said over and over. If we had cross server queue's I wouldn't care.

But cross server isn't coming any time soon and as the game is designed right now... I feel as if this is a horrible idea that does not promote anyone to improve. It's a horrible idea no matter what... but I would care less if we had cross server.

Vasagi's Avatar


Vasagi
11.14.2012 , 12:07 PM | #798
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
And i say more, the fun of doing pvp for solo players are getting over each day and you know why ?
Because they know if queue again they gonna have other premade and gonna loose again, and this its not fun and we play to have some fun, isn't it ?
Nothing will change until BW/EA decide that they have to change how PVP queues work in order to make more money. Right now I guess not enough people are not leaving over the PVP system to make an impression.

Vasagi's Avatar


Vasagi
11.14.2012 , 12:18 PM | #799
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Even though I still think it's a bad idea that promotes non-competitive game play like I've said over and over. If we had cross server queue's I wouldn't care.

But cross server isn't coming any time soon and as the game is designed right now... I feel as if this is a horrible idea that does not promote anyone to improve. It's a horrible idea no matter what... but I would care less if we had cross server.
I hope you're wrong and we hear that cross server is coming. I was against from launch, but right now there are just not enough people on some servers for PVP to thrive.

As far as promoting competition (and this is only my opinion)- in a game like this, fun is more important than competition. I DO attempt to improve myself, and gear up, and not be a fail. Getting farmed by a team that has tanks and healers when my PUG never has either is not fun, however. More and more PUG players are quitting and all that remains are premades. Which mean the few PUGs who are left are more often forced to either get farmed by premades or join guilds they may not like in order to have a chance of winning. Both of those options are unattractive.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.14.2012 , 12:21 PM | #800
Quote: Originally Posted by Vasagi View Post
I hope you're wrong and we hear that cross server is coming. I was against from launch, but right now there are just not enough people on some servers for PVP to thrive.

As far as promoting competition (and this is only my opinion)- in a game like this, fun is more important than competition. I DO attempt to improve myself, and gear up, and not be a fail. Getting farmed by a team that has tanks and healers when my PUG never has either is not fun, however. More and more PUG players are quitting and all that remains are premades. Which mean the few PUGs who are left are more often forced to either get farmed by premades or join guilds they may not like in order to have a chance of winning. Both of those options are unattractive.
I hope I'm wrong too... and the top guilds and players are leaving just as fast as the pugs. They're tired of not having much competition and being forced to face the same 4-5 guilds every day.