Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Founder returns, Bioware this is your last chance to impress me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Founder returns, Bioware this is your last chance to impress me

nysis's Avatar


nysis
11.14.2012 , 10:17 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyde_v View Post
The only part of the OP's post that I agree with is the lack of communication from the developers. I have the impression that the monthly Q&A was inconvenient for the developers and that is why they stopped. Ok. Do a two month time frame. And not necessarily about what is coming in the future either. Address community concerns, what bugs are known and being fixed, etc. I personally do not ask for much but the occasional Q&A would be nice.

Maybe after Wednesday's patch Bioware will get back to talking to us again. I'd like that.
We can only hope. Thats the problem

MasterKayote's Avatar


MasterKayote
11.14.2012 , 10:23 AM | #62
Same her OP. Well, I didnt actually read but I signed for a month to simultaneously get my CC, finish up the few stories I need to finish and just plain curiosity. Im not really expecting to be impressed, but it is their very very last chance.

Im already greatly disappointed by how theyre treating subs and the (laughable) utter lack of any progress in the last 3 months ".... surprise surprise," lol.

I really dont think the game has more than a year left. Not with EA in charge.

nysis's Avatar


nysis
11.14.2012 , 10:23 AM | #63
Quote:
I do agree that it's disappointing to see bugs still in game that have been around for months or longer. I also agree that the reemergence of bugs is a little disheartening to say the least. (Not forgetting the recent hits in performance for higher end machines again).
I also feel that the game as a whole hasn't quite been managed the way it should of been and honestly believe that Bioware has to be aware of this fact.

Since the release of Dragon Age 2, Bioware has quite honestly gone from a developer that could do no wrong to a developer that has been butchered in the gaming community. It's no secret that Bioware have lost their way a little.
In my opinion Bioware cannot be so arrogant and blind not to know this.
I honestly feel that in part, this has caused notable and well respected members of Bioware to move on.
Honestly, dragons age 2 was disappointing, but I remember being satisfied upon completion. Only when I went back to replay did the many flaws make the re playability nigh impossible. I also enjoyed mass effect 3 up until the abriged endings. Extended cut went a long way towards improving the ending.

Mmo's are a different type of game. Improvements on a bi-monthly basis are to be expected.

sumuji's Avatar


sumuji
11.14.2012 , 10:23 AM | #64
Dear OP. You're a WoW addict not a MMORPG player. You're no the target audience because you expect unreasonable things in a new game so BW doesn't have to throw you a bone because you'll end up back in WoW regardless.

You're part of that crowd that abandons ship shorlty after the launch of every......single....game. Then gets burned out on WoW again only to return for another chance with a ultimatum in hand. In which you give it a chance but it will still fall short strangely enough followed by you returning to WoW again. Let me save you some trouble and take up knitting or something during your WoW breaks. That's more reasonable than asking for a newish game to be like WoW ,with it's almost 8 years of updates, so when you take a break from WoW it will feel like you never left. Cause that's really what you're wanting here.

nysis's Avatar


nysis
11.14.2012 , 10:25 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
Same her OP. Well, I didnt actually read but I signed for a month to simultaneously get my CC, finish up the few stories I need to finish and just plain curiosity. Im not really expecting to be impressed, but it is their very very last chance.

Im already greatly disappointed by how theyre treating subs and the (laughable) utter lack of any progress in the last 3 months ".... surprise surprise," lol.

I really dont think the game has more than a year left. Not with EA in charge.
Yep, im right there with you.

Costello's Avatar


Costello
11.14.2012 , 10:53 AM | #66
Have to agree with mob density.

I am not sure if it was planned with 100's of players on each planet but as it stands there are far too many mobs and the respawn timer in most places outside the black hole it too high. I fight them on my way in and then on my way out, often having met the bonus requirement 5 times over before its done.

Though strangely unless using rest xp my leveling is not getting me levels ahead. So I wonder if it was the design of the game to make it necessary to kill that many mobs and if so whether they need a better combat system that doesn't turn fights into a very grind centric experience with little more than standing still and button mashing.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.14.2012 , 10:56 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
Might want to review the way you post. A founder title means nothing to anybody but yourself and doesn't help your argument in anyway and really hurts it. In other words.....I am not impressed with your post
I largely agree. And when one titles a thread with an ad hominem threat direced at Bioware... I only ever scan the OP.

Play an MMO if you like it OP, play something else if you don't. There is no objective reason to post a thread topic like this IMO.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

lklinga's Avatar


lklinga
11.14.2012 , 10:56 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by nysis View Post
Yep, im right there with you.
Please do not let the door hit you in the *** while leaving.

This game is not nearly as bad or has as many problem as the whine brigade says and most of them are WoW players.

TOR or not TOR player WoW groomed privileged no skill spoon fed whiners are the reason that the MMO gaming is going down hill.
Actually the elements in TOR that are similar to WOW are the ones I see as a problem but games like TSW for example are really suffering from the WoWified player base.

So I do not want Bioware to impress this type of player they would score 100 points with me if a dev came out here and told those players sorry this is not the game for you.
I can not imagine how much of a simpleton you have to be to actually like the current state of WoW and say Pandatia is good.

RTCBrad's Avatar


RTCBrad
11.14.2012 , 11:19 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
Irony. I bought WoW back in 2005 to see what all the hype was about. I last two weeks. Why? Because why I should play an MMO that's a rehash of its predecessors.
And yet you play swtor... interesting

Quote: Originally Posted by lklinga View Post
Please do not let the door hit you in the *** while leaving.

This game is not nearly as bad or has as many problem as the whine brigade says and most of them are WoW players.

TOR or not TOR player WoW groomed privileged no skill spoon fed whiners are the reason that the MMO gaming is going down hill.
Actually the elements in TOR that are similar to WOW are the ones I see as a problem but games like TSW for example are really suffering from the WoWified player base.

So I do not want Bioware to impress this type of player they would score 100 points with me if a dev came out here and told those players sorry this is not the game for you.
I can not imagine how much of a simpleton you have to be to actually like the current state of WoW and say Pandatia is good.
I can not imagine how much of a fanboy you must be to actually suggest TOR is in a better state than WoW.

Really though cmon I like TOR a lot but to say it's in a better state than WoW is just wrong, opinion doesn't even come into it; the lack of bugs, more updates, more balanced classes, more varied pvp, better raids, the engine doesn't feel like it was coded by adolescent monkeys and much more that really all speaks for itself in WoW's favor.

UltimateKrucible's Avatar


UltimateKrucible
11.14.2012 , 11:52 AM | #70
I'm beginning to realise that its not the noobs, children, haters or the simply curious who're going to make the first month or so of Ftplay such a chore....

It's all the 'entitled' yahoos like the OP crawling out of the woodwork again.

Begone, yahoos - we didn't enjoy your company the first time around.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell