Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Debunking false ideas about Mara/Sents in PVP

PoliteAssasin
11.14.2012 , 04:31 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
This is what people that defend marauders do. You can see it happen multiple times.

They provide their reasons there class is balanced, and when that is easily debunked. Well they go back to just trolling and QQing that you are hating on their class.

They got the best defense CD's in the game and stealth. One of those CD's is a literal god mode that noone else has, so they gotta give up something. Like removing stealth would be a start.
Ah class envy at its finest. Awesome talking points as well, never heard those before. I also never thought I'd have to point out that my statement about hiding was sarcasm. I guess I forgot I was on the Internet. He didn't debunk anything, I just rather not go back and forth with someone who doesn't accept reality when its presented to them.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

Smashbrother
11.14.2012 , 04:39 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
It won't, tbh, depending on how they go about it.

Baseline Saber Ward could be like Shadow Deflection (Defense bonus alone - most enemies on Korriban that you'd use Saber Ward against are white damage only), while Guard/Jugg Saber Ward could have its current full effect (+50% defense, 25%Force/Tech resist - although I'd bump it up to 25% *all* damage resist, or, at the very least, all *yellow* damage resist, including int/ele).
All "yellow" damage is tech/force attacks.

Helig
11.14.2012 , 04:41 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
All "yellow" damage is tech/force attacks.
Internal/Elemental. Right now, Ward does not seem to increase Internal/Elemental resistance.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

GrandMike
11.14.2012 , 04:45 AM | #134
Handicap? Not being able to take 70% of someone's HP without the chance to retaliate is a handicap? Hardly. I started playing Concealment OP after the nerfs, and I find it fan-frakking-tastic. You can regularly cleanse physical/tech debuffs (the vast majority of movement-imparing effects are physical/tech - I find that skill extremely, extremely useful), you have a way to cleanse *every* negative effect off your face with Evasion, you can reopen as soon as Hidden Strtike is available again.

Problem is - most "le DPS" Ops think that Toxin Scan is "4 hearz lul, i r dee-pee-ess", and that Evasion's only purpose is to pad their cowardly vanish escape. An even bigger problem is that many of them feel entitled to win the fight if they get the jump on a person (which doesn't require a whole lot of effort with ToR's stealth model).
Yes, thats why we see "teams of operatives...operate" lolololololol

Every class do well against bads. Thats why discussing with you is quite pointless - "every class can do well"

BW uses its method of catering to bads so they buff classes most bads play with. I wonder which class is ont top of food chain lolololololo

Helig
11.14.2012 , 04:53 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Yes, thats why we see "teams of operatives...operate" lolololololol

Every class do well against bads. Thats why discussing with you is quite pointless - "every class can do well"
Weird. My 2200-rated augmented WH Marauder guildie must have been a frakking awful player to lose fights with an augmented half WH/half-BM Operative.

Yes, every class can do well. But every class (but DPS Merc, probably) can also own. Provided you know your enemy as well as you know yourself. Far too many people are too quick to cry foul when all they need to do is educate themselves about the class that they're fighting.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Smashbrother
11.14.2012 , 04:54 AM | #136
Internal/Elemental. Right now, Ward does not seem to increase Internal/Elemental resistance.
Le sigh. People really need to learn game mechanics.

4 types of attacks: melee, ranged, force, tech

4 types of damage: energy, kinetic, elemental, internal

melee and ranged are white colored, tech/force are yellow colored. tech/force attacks can consist of any 4 of those damages, where as melee/ranged can only be energy.

saber ward covers all.

Smashbrother
11.14.2012 , 04:56 AM | #137
Weird. My 2200-rated augmented WH Marauder guildie must have been a frakking awful player to lose fights with an augmented half WH/half-BM Operative.

Yes, every class can do well. But every class (but DPS Merc, probably) can also own. Provided you know your enemy as well as you know yourself. Far too many people are too quick to cry foul when all they need to do is educate themselves about the class that they're fighting.
Maybe the Op was a 3k+ rated player?

Royox
11.14.2012 , 05:12 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
Marauders don't have the best defensive CDs in the game, they don't have a stealth mode only a 4 second evasive CD, Marauders don't have healing... they aren't healers and they don't stand back and heal but they do have a spec that can raise survivability due to self-healing, and they are not the highest damage output in the game because that honor goes to Mercs who can spam TM on a Operation boss, Snipers, Madness Assassins, and Rage specs of the SW class... but Marauders are part of the highest damage ACs of the game.
Quote:
Marauders don't have the best defensive CDs in the game,
Implying Saber Ward is NOT the best defensive CD in the game. And Undying...and cloack of pain.

Quote:
they don't have a stealth mode only a 4 second evasive CD
That gives +40% speed and +50% damage reduction.

Quote:
Marauders don't have healing
Don't remember the skill name but they have a skill that makes them to be healed a bit with every crit. hit with their dots only on one tree.

Quote:
and they are not the highest damage output in the game because that honor goes to Mercs who can spam TM on a Operation boss
This is PVP forum not PVE. Everybody knows that Mercs/Commandos SUCKS at PVP.
"Tracer Miss...." CUT "Tracer Mis..." CUT "Tracer Miss...." CUT "Tracer Mis..." CUT "Tracer Miss...." CUT "Tracer Mis..." CUT

fnslayeroc
11.14.2012 , 05:25 AM | #139
im a sorceror and as a person who can kite real good and do best damage out of all the sorcs in every match and can out damage any maurader i must say this in your defense.....as a sorcerer i have a harder time killing an assasssin than i do killing a maurader. and mauraders usually dont kill me. i see thier defensive crap and i punch the floor and run away simple easy done. shut up about the game being unbalanced cuz its not im not even full WH yet and ive dropped full WH vanguards. and u know sorcs we die very fast. even with the heal and the bubble. we die fast. so with my statement made, in conclusion as a class who dies very fast unless un know how to kite. assassins are actually better than mauraders. also alot of people and i mean ALOT of people are dumb and cant pvp. u have to remember and think rl hard bout this one. Ill even make a new paragraph so u can read it multiple times.

Think of all the times u tryed to kill a maurader and he didnt die. theres other reasons too A he can be guarded or healed or even both. and nobody who plays this game knows how to kill the healers first and almost every tank dont use guard in pvp they try to kill and get damage and fail and get told they're noobs. so remember that next time u qq and rage about op classes. Its not biowares fault ppl are too dumb to look thru thier abiliys know em and also try to learn the other classes too so u can pop things at the right time which is obviously what these maurders are doing. personally i was pissed that chain lightning got nerfed from wrath but u dont see me whining. i got an xtra heal now. and still do good.

ALSO everyone complains about a dying game when world pvp is non existant because they nerfed merc comms out completely. WHY WORLD PVP WHEN U GET NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Royox
11.14.2012 , 05:39 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by fnslayeroc View Post
im a sorceror and as a person who can kite real good and do best damage out of all the sorcs in every match and can out damage any maurader i must say this in your defense.....as a sorcerer i have a harder time killing an assasssin than i do killing a maurader. and mauraders usually dont kill me. i see thier defensive crap and i punch the floor and run away simple easy done. shut up about the game being unbalanced cuz its not im not even full WH yet and ive dropped full WH vanguards. and u know sorcs we die very fast. even with the heal and the bubble. we die fast. so with my statement made, in conclusion as a class who dies very fast unless un know how to kite. assassins are actually better than mauraders. also alot of people and i mean ALOT of people are dumb and cant pvp. u have to remember and think rl hard bout this one. Ill even make a new paragraph so u can read it multiple times.

Think of all the times u tryed to kill a maurader and he didnt die. theres other reasons too A he can be guarded or healed or even both. and nobody who plays this game knows how to kill the healers first and almost every tank dont use guard in pvp they try to kill and get damage and fail and get told they're noobs. so remember that next time u qq and rage about op classes. Its not biowares fault ppl are too dumb to look thru thier abiliys know em and also try to learn the other classes too so u can pop things at the right time which is obviously what these maurders are doing. personally i was pissed that chain lightning got nerfed from wrath but u dont see me whining. i got an xtra heal now. and still do good.

ALSO everyone complains about a dying game when world pvp is non existant because they nerfed merc comms out completely. WHY WORLD PVP WHEN U GET NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorcs/Sages and Snipers/Slingers are known to be the best classes to deal with Maras (maras are crying about the bubble break stuns them). Even operatives/Scoundrels can just "vanish" and run to survive.

Why Marauders have better and more defensive CD's than Juggernauts/Guardians? That has no logic. In WoW terms it would be as Warriors Fury having more defensive CD's than a Warrior Tank.