Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Simple Solution To the Frustration!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Red Eclipse
A Simple Solution To the Frustration!

Eeleek
10.19.2012 , 12:21 AM | #1
Right, It's about PVP.... Honestly...I think everyones gone to the winning side! also Let's see about making it more fair and more Equal.
As it's more about GEAR then i propose that this simple solution may help put it down to the players skill too;

Valor Rank 50 - 55 Is recruit, There you can only Equip Recruit, and fight with others in the same gear type
55-65 Is the battlemaster Group, fighting BM, 65-70 BM & WH, 70+ WH Elite WH?

It's not a full perfect flawless idea, but maybe someone can maybe twizzle my words as i am not the best at explaining!

AngusFTW
10.19.2012 , 05:43 AM | #2
No.
Gear does play a part (eg a guy that's fully optimized his wh against a full recruit isnt going to be fun for the recruit) but its often extremely exaggerated and the battlemaster grind is sooo easy now.
Also as soon as someone has a main geared toon they start to gear there alts and send over legacy. My sorc was full wh bar implants and offhand at valor 50 .. ie as soon as he dinged 50. Also alot of the bad pugs people complain about ARE full wh as well so quite often it is a skill thing..
Not to mention the queues would die
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

bahdasz
10.19.2012 , 05:38 PM | #3
Wow, all the PvPers switching to the winning faction? Doesn't sound familiar at all.

DarthMaulUK
11.12.2012 , 02:42 AM | #4
People don't leave Warzones because they want to be on a winning side, most leave because of the amount of sheer idiots that a) fail to call inc b) get sucked away from door/node c)don't pass the ball in Huttball d)list goes on.

If people are new to the game or are new to pvp, there are more than enough guides either on the forum,or on youtube to learn about PvP and how to play. There is simply no excuses to be a fool.

I had a match where our team were totally clueless but despite getting 8 medals, yielded on 55 coms. Its just a waste of time.

Korodoch
11.12.2012 , 05:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
People don't leave Warzones because they want to be on a winning side, most leave because of the amount of sheer idiots that a) fail to call inc b) get sucked away from door/node c)don't pass the ball in Huttball d)list goes on.
The growing DOTA mentality is the biggest reason in my opinion. Many have grown a really REALLY nasty attitude when pvp'ing so if a person makes a mistake for whatever reason he/she will get showered in abusive language.

No one wants to try harder after being verbally abused without even knowing why. And i pity the people that actually have balls enough to ASK what they did wrong... That often takes the abuse to a whole different level. Someone *might* give an explanation but will still flame the "offender" to a crisp while doing it.... I don't know about you but an explanation like that gets ignored by me...

People need to calm down and stop being a**hats over a stupid game.

DarthMaulUK
11.14.2012 , 03:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Korodoch View Post
The growing DOTA mentality is the biggest reason in my opinion. Many have grown a really REALLY nasty attitude when pvp'ing so if a person makes a mistake for whatever reason he/she will get showered in abusive language.

No one wants to try harder after being verbally abused without even knowing why. And i pity the people that actually have balls enough to ASK what they did wrong... That often takes the abuse to a whole different level. Someone *might* give an explanation but will still flame the "offender" to a crisp while doing it.... I don't know about you but an explanation like that gets ignored by me...

People need to calm down and stop being a**hats over a stupid game.
Explanation you say? Best one I heard was that 'I was stunned'. The stun was SO powerful, it fed into his keyboard and stunned it.

If people want to be better at pvp, there are more than enough guides on these forums or on youtube to help. That's how I learned. People need to take some responsibility because the abuse is down to one thing - the amount of coms you get for a win/lose. It can be almost half, if not less and it wont change until Bioware increase the coms ratio