Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lacerate

Chiltonium
11.13.2012 , 11:22 AM | #1
So I am playing my guardian and I get cyclone slash and im looking at it.....3 rage, 2x the damage of lacerate....I can spam this in shien form just by tossing in a sunder every 2 times....

Lacerate 40 force super low damage....am I missing something? It looks freakin cool as heck, but ...is it even worth using? even on trash I seem to kill things faster focusing them down 1 at a time.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Alhxor
11.13.2012 , 09:54 PM | #2
I use it as filler between withers when tanking and dps are AOEing everything and in pvp to interrupt caps. Also when soloing things in pvp gear (I have +50 force set bonus) i usually can kill a pack by spamming it after more powerful attacks like wither/DF/discharge.
Al'xor [assassin] | Kyr'amud [powertech] | Krsh [marauder] | Kersin [operative]
<Sithhiker's Guide to the Galaxy> Jung Ma

Dierdrea
11.13.2012 , 10:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Alhxor View Post
I use it as filler between withers when tanking and dps are AOEing everything and in pvp to interrupt caps. Also when soloing things in pvp gear (I have +50 force set bonus) i usually can kill a pack by spamming it after more powerful attacks like wither/DF/discharge.
"Spamming lacerate" is an oxymoron...unless you are in deception spec and spam blackout and force cloak.

verfallen
11.13.2012 , 11:02 PM | #4
I'll agree something must be done with this. It is actually in a way more powerful than cyclone slash/sweeping slash because it has a 360 damage area, not just 120. It also has no limit on number of enemies it can hit.

But sin being one of the class that is constantly force starved, the thing is mostly not worth it.

For tanking, it would need either a lower force cost with a cooldown of 6-9 sec and more damage in my opinion.

Its not game breaking, but seeing the ability made useful would be nice.

Dierdrea
11.14.2012 , 12:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
I'll agree something must be done with this. It is actually in a way more powerful than cyclone slash/sweeping slash because it has a 360 damage area, not just 120. It also has no limit on number of enemies it can hit.

But sin being one of the class that is constantly force starved, the thing is mostly not worth it.

For tanking, it would need either a lower force cost with a cooldown of 6-9 sec and more damage in my opinion.

Its not game breaking, but seeing the ability made useful would be nice.
Go run a lowbie flashpoint and or somewhere and pull a bunch of mobs, you will see it has a 5 limit on the number of enemy it hits.

cycao
11.14.2012 , 08:15 AM | #6
I only use lacerate in two scenarios, one being preventing the bomb from being defused in voidstar and the other drawing other stealth classes out.