Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Axes? Really?

CristChiLu
11.13.2012 , 11:50 AM | #141
"using a hatchet where you need a scalpel."
-President Obama

Is the quote I thought of when i saw the trailer and the enthusiasm of the displayed by the "actor" in the video.
Can be used as a metaphor to the state of the game.

I say actor...cause real game developers or anyone with any SW sense would know how fail the inclusion of axes is.

Its not to the NGE level fail...but its really trending toward that.

Master Crist Due
Jedi Guardian
Bloodline

kmontyw
11.13.2012 , 05:31 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by FINNT View Post
Wau. Your text is very nice mindtrap for about anyone non native english speaker. If I understood it right you just continue to say you hate axes and how they look. Then lots of speculation.
Not exactly, and sorry for the tight reasoning. It was a *Jedi* mindtrap.
I am an international man of mystery... or am I

FINNT
11.13.2012 , 05:48 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by kmontyw View Post
Not exactly, and sorry for the tight reasoning. It was a *Jedi* mindtrap.

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.)
:laser:

CelCawdro
11.13.2012 , 07:43 PM | #144
You guys realize that swords are already in the game, right? In the Star Wars universe, all melee weapons are "vibro" weapons, Gamorrean Axes included. There are also "vibro" hammers, daggers, knuckles, staves, whips and more. Read up. Even Revan and the Jedi Exile potentially wielded an axe or axes.

SmugglersLuck
11.13.2012 , 10:42 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
You guys realize that swords are already in the game, right? In the Star Wars universe, all melee weapons are "vibro" weapons, Gamorrean Axes included. There are also "vibro" hammers, daggers, knuckles, staves, whips and more. Read up. Even Revan and the Jedi Exile potentially wielded an axe or axes.
Exactly but people like kmonty up there seem to have a huge problem with this. Oh well. It is nothing to get all excited over. Those axes look like fun.
Darth Zumiya
The Keeper of Light Walker of Dreams

kmontyw
11.14.2012 , 12:44 AM | #146
...you're completely missing the point. Maybe reread the thread? *shrug*
I am an international man of mystery... or am I

BlazingShadow
11.14.2012 , 01:37 AM | #147
so what was all that weapon breaking I was watching in episode 6?

OddballEasyEight
11.23.2012 , 11:04 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by CristChiLu View Post
"using a hatchet where you need a scalpel."
-President Obama

Is the quote I thought of when i saw the trailer and the enthusiasm of the displayed by the "actor" in the video.
Can be used as a metaphor to the state of the game.

I say actor...cause real game developers or anyone with any SW sense would know how fail the inclusion of axes is.

Its not to the NGE level fail...but its really trending toward that.
I know id rather bring a hatchet than a scalpel to a fight...

But it doesnt matter since you already have vibroswords, techblades, practice swords and whatnot... why complain over the inclusion of an axe? an axe that has already been part of the canon since the 3rd movie btw (thats ep 6 for you kiddies out there).
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

OddballEasyEight
11.23.2012 , 11:06 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by kmontyw View Post
So, Jedi/Sith will be running around with axes instead of lightsabres come the F2P release. Axes. Do they come with Dwarven beards as well? Can they be upgraded to kitchen knives perhaps?

You say Jedi, I immediately think "ax". It's a natural part of the fantasy, and lore. This is going to be so great.
Well, they are already running around with vibroswords and practiceswords so what does it matter if they run around with an axe?
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds