Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My first ever rage quit

DarthTimmah
11.12.2012 , 12:39 PM | #41
To the OP, I agree with the above commenters, I would have left long before that as well.

Personally I've had quite a mix of issues using group finder, either tanks specced for DPS and in DPS gear or Sorcs / Operatives specced as DPS and queuing as healers. Anymore for a FP, I will try to stick with it and work through, but if I'm going to PUG an operation, I'll look at the gear specifically on the tanks and healers and decide. If I see something I don't like I will bow out as gracefully as possible, but I don't suffer massive repair bills for anything other than guild and friend related operations. I have rage quit a few times normally using either the "my guild needs something urgently" or "my 3 year old needs something". I've tried not to get on too many ignore lists, though I'm sure that I'm on a few.

JamieKirby
11.12.2012 , 05:42 PM | #42
I know to not take things seriously in a game, its meant to be fun, not a job, i personally like to learn as i go when it comes to group content, its more fun that way for me, if i am told what to do, what will happen before i experience it first hand, its like playing a murder mystery game or movie and just as i start, someone tells me who the killer is and why they did it....it just ruins it for me.

I always learn quick in group encounters, like on stay on the bridge like area on Esseles when fighting the boss droid....you can get knocked off the edge....which was funny as hell when it happend to me, but lesson learned, i never repeated it, unless it was one of those fun runs where you find all sorts of ways to get killed.

I have encountered those types of groups on other mmos and it can get quite annoying, but then again, i am not the type that expects 100% perfection on every run, i learnt that, it is impossible to get those types of runs unless you do runs with the EXACT same people every single time and you all know your stuff, but if you know the outcome (you never will lose) i tend to lose interest and only do the stuff again if a friend needs to do it.

Slurmez
11.12.2012 , 10:35 PM | #43
Eh I quit a FP the other day when a undergeared lowbie marauder kept agroing mobs I was going around, not ninjaing past, mobs that were way out of the way, I asked them not to as I wasnt going to kill everything in the FP and he said something along the lines of "im not fking going back for them" I dont know what that was about (I was assassin tank btw)

The next FP (d7) had 2 people who were in sub par gear who had never done it before, took it slow, talked them through, cleared all mobs in path in case of wiping and needing to come back. It wasnt fast but was smooth, the merc healer did a sterling job (one of the lowbies) and did better than many BH geared healers I come across in the groupfinder.

Im more than happy to help new people through, and sit while they watch the cut scenes and help gear them up, but being rude and acting outside of your remit and making the group work harder for an asinine reason is a no no for me.

Slurmez
11.12.2012 , 10:39 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTimmah View Post
To the OP, I agree with the above commenters, I would have left long before that as well.

Personally I've had quite a mix of issues using group finder, either tanks specced for DPS and in DPS gear or Sorcs / Operatives specced as DPS and queuing as healers. Anymore for a FP, I will try to stick with it and work through, but if I'm going to PUG an operation, I'll look at the gear specifically on the tanks and healers and decide. If I see something I don't like I will bow out as gracefully as possible, but I don't suffer massive repair bills for anything other than guild and friend related operations. I have rage quit a few times normally using either the "my guild needs something urgently" or "my 3 year old needs something". I've tried not to get on too many ignore lists, though I'm sure that I'm on a few.
Then you are doing something wrong, I am far from a good tank, I do everything I can to avoid it, my gear is DPS, my spec is DPS (Deception) but have tanked LI and story mode EC in said gear and spec only throwing on a shield and tank stance. Its very hard to judge, I recall looking down my nose at some guy with 13k health and crappy gear who rocked the OP we were in, people surprise you, some of the worst players I have ever come across have been the best geared.

jeniyagyu
11.13.2012 , 06:02 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by slurmez View Post
then you are doing something wrong, i am far from a good tank, i do everything i can to avoid it, my gear is dps, my spec is dps (deception) but have tanked li and story mode ec in said gear and spec only throwing on a shield and tank stance. Its very hard to judge, i recall looking down my nose at some guy with 13k health and crappy gear who rocked the op we were in, people surprise you, some of the worst players i have ever come across have been the best geared.
this ^
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

snowmon
11.13.2012 , 06:36 AM | #46
yea KP trash packs are very very stressful in story mode pugs, dont think i have ever had a run where we didnt wipe at each pack.
personally it goes alot smoother with a PT tank (like i have) and grapple the mobs away from the others to stop the noobs breaking the CC with AoE damage.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

NoFishing
11.13.2012 , 10:55 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by theblaznee View Post
We wiped time and time again, but crawled through the FP and ended up at the final boss.. The tank was adamant that he had done it all many times before, but still he insisted on taking all the charges from the "I have a trick" phases EVERY time even though I told him it was what was wiping us.
That's funny, when I PuG LI on my healer, I actually ask the tank to just eat the charges rather than dodge them. Even though it requires some focused healing on the tank at that point, I find that better than risking spreading them around to the DPS. But I also expect the DPS to not stand in poison and require a lot of cleansing....if a DPS get's more than 5 stacks over the entire fight, I consider them to be a fail.

Now my guild tanks can dodge them and not take a single one, which kinda makes me sad because then I have nothing to do but help DPS.

FlyinSpaghetti
11.13.2012 , 01:30 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
if a DPS get's more than 5 stacks over the entire fight, I consider them to be a fail.#
That also depends how the tank moves, mdps have to stand behind lorrick which means that if the tank doesn't move fast enough the dps get the debuff.

Had one tank before who tried to face him against a wall in stage 1 rather than kite him despite everyone nearly raging at him in chat to keep him moving. Even after clearly explaining to said tank on how to kite him and go anti clockwise around the room to each kolto tank he still tried to tank him against a wall and not bother moving him, not only bad because of the debuff but it means dps can't get to kolto tanks in time.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Der_Donnervogel
11.13.2012 , 05:38 PM | #49
I have never done a rage quit. Only in LI our random group failed sometimes, but then the whole group left the FP as we came to the conlusion we can't make it in the current team setup.

The funniest thing I ever had was in an operation with some randoms. We played Denova SM and had a lot of fun, though I wondered why no one did a rage quit. The tank one heal and one DD were funny and made a lot of jokes and did not concentrated on the game. So basically every mob was pulled and usually then when no one expected. When we reached the mine field for example one of our team started accidentionally the boss encounter when no one was ready and some people did not even got explained how it works, as they have never had played Denova before. It was the most chaotic operation I have ever played. In addition the main tank suggested to not use any CC as this is more fun. He told us something like "CC is against my religion!" Of course this made things not easier but as most players had quite decent gear it was possible, as it was only SM. So many funny things and of course some wipes happened until we won the OP. Nevertheless it was probably the funniest OP I have ever played.
Personally I've had quite a mix of issues using group finder, either tanks specced for DPS and in DPS gear or Sorcs / Operatives specced as DPS and queuing as healers. Anymore for a FP, I will try to stick with it and work through, but if I'm going to PUG an operation, I'll look at the gear specifically on the tanks and healers and decide. If I see something I don't like I will bow out as gracefully as possible, but I don't suffer massive repair bills for anything other than guild and friend related operations..
I do the same although the repair bills are not the issue. The problem is that it is usually not possible to finish operations and also LI if the players have not chars with the right skills for their role. I know this because I also sometimes list as a heal in FPs if I can not find a group as DD for a longer time. In FPs beside LI this works with sufficient gear and if the other players do not have very weak gear. For OPs I do not think this is possible as important skills are missing.

MorgonKara
11.13.2012 , 06:01 PM | #50
Doing Ops with PUGs is futile unless everyone uses voicechat; Ventrillo, Teamspeak, Dolby, Mumble or something like that. This game should have built-in-voice comm. Even that pos DDO has built-in voice.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk