Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What if Disney exerts their will on SWtor thread.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What if Disney exerts their will on SWtor thread.....

Kaizersan
11.13.2012 , 05:27 PM | #21
Disney can't really the license agreement for Bioware/EA to use the Star Wars universe was well before the deal so Disney has to honor it till the license agreement ends.

AshlaBoga
11.13.2012 , 08:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
70% of Skadge's custscenes have to be deleted and re-edited.
Why would Disney dislike SKadge? I've done the BH storyline but I haven't finished all his convos so I don't know if he is super offensive in them.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

AhsokaTanorules
11.13.2012 , 10:23 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Why would Disney dislike SKadge? I've done the BH storyline but I haven't finished all his convos so I don't know if he is super offensive in them.
I have seen enough people on this forum post about how Skadge's intro on Belsavis was traumatizing enough and reminded them of some sort of "predator".

Idunhavaname
11.13.2012 , 10:59 PM | #24
Yes... and Sora becomes a companion.

Awesome!

/shootself

RIP orange pixel

Beniboybling
11.14.2012 , 11:01 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
Disney can't really the license agreement for Bioware/EA to use the Star Wars universe was well before the deal so Disney has to honor it till the license agreement ends.
Ha ha ha! I laughed so... wait this wasn't funny. :P

Jokes only please, I subscribed to be entertained not informed on the finer points of license agreements.

Chaoskyx
11.15.2012 , 05:13 PM | #26
All I can think of is that Xemnas can now be made an actual sith lord.

I mean, marauder much?

HiddenPalm
12.07.2012 , 12:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLoneSage View Post

Look at what they did with Marvel. Without Disney, there would be no Avengers Movie, no Thor, and no Iron Man movies. They only simply brought more fame to the series and brought more money into them.

Disney is a good thing.

Get over it.
Google "Star Wars SWEATSHOPS" or "Star Wars CHILD LABOR".

Nothing comes up.

Google "Disney SWEATSHOPS" or "Disney CHILD LABOR".

An endless history of abuse and misery turns up.

Don't get over it. Deal with it.

I'm absolutely ashamed of the entire Star Wars community for not bringing it up.
The Grassroots Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
APPLICATION * www.GrassrootsJedi.org *
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Beniboybling
12.07.2012 , 12:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by HiddenPalm View Post
Google "Star Wars SWEATSHOPS" or "Star Wars CHILD LABOR".

Nothing comes up.

Google "Disney SWEATSHOPS" or "Disney CHILD LABOR".

An endless history of abuse and misery turns up.

Don't get over it. Deal with it.

I'm absolutely ashamed of the entire Star Wars community for not bringing it up.
We haven't brought it up because we don't believe everyone who works for Disney is guilty of child labour. Its a company, not a person.

AhsokaTanorules
12.08.2012 , 09:27 AM | #29
Moddable Mickey hats :-P

angrydurf
12.08.2012 , 10:01 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
Well without knowing the details of the SW:TOR License I can't say for certain but during development and since there has been alot of talk about work done with the team at Lucasarts and I know that most SW licensing has caveats that lucasarts/film get approval on storyline so pretty indirectly Disney will have input. On the other hand Disney has been pretty clear that lucasarts is a fringe benefit to lucasfilm and really to the star wars franchise. They want to make star wars movies TV shows and lots of merchandising not meddle with a game they have neither investment in nor profits from.

Now if Bioware goes off the rails or EA starts trying to muscle in and screw with SW canon in a way they don;t like you better believe Disney will step in but that honestly would be a good thing. For whatever faults Disney may have you can not deny that they carefully curate their IPs to ensure their continued success in their respective areas.

Honestly given recent history at Disney my biggest concern is that the next star wars movies are going to make me weep like a child.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

Star Wars: The Old Republic is the spritual successor to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, also made by BioWare, and not any other game.