Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Xeraz
11.10.2012 , 07:44 PM | #601
I don't mind the steady progression IF we had more [Lie] options. I think they really should allow her to be corruptible and I think it's a little ridiculous that the "mast of manipulation" is outdone by a Brute Sith Warrior.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

lokdron
11.13.2012 , 01:27 PM | #602
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
I don't mind the steady progression IF we had more [Lie] options. I think they really should allow her to be corruptible and I think it's a little ridiculous that the "mast of manipulation" is outdone by a Brute Sith Warrior.
Exactly when I played the sith warrior I was upset how many manipulation/deception options the sith warrior gets the sith warrior does the SI job better.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

darthtalonn
11.28.2012 , 08:22 AM | #603
well having read alot of the posts in this thread... some ppl are saying that this is more like a trainride and your left with which seat your sitting in etc... unfortunately having played many of biowares recent games noteably the ME trilogy, DA 1 & 2 this lack of choice in there games which are made saying "you can choose to do what you want" is a bit of a stretch on those words, ashara the only female companion for SL has your choice made for you an its LS (LS sith inquisitor quient idea hardly realistic) but the choices that ppl are starting to see in bioware games is starting to look somewhat hollow... maybe EA's influence i dunno... there seems to be a shocking lack forethought going into some of these games in places that dont need a rocket scientist to say what should be there but anyone who thinks that these things are an isolated incident ... its not biowares recent games are riddled with bad writing
Alicsandra Nevar/Tallon DSS/HAWK & ATW (starsider)

Wallner
12.17.2012 , 10:39 AM | #604
This is ridiculous!

Why did you make it so that the SW apprentice can be turned but not the Inquisitors? Horrible, just horrible BioWare.

Don't know if you could do anything about this now, unless you re-write and record new dialogue. How could it not have occurred to you that this was nuts!?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Jorus (Guardian) -Zakarus (Sorcerer) -Kavin (Mercenary)

Zekester
12.17.2012 , 11:46 AM | #605
Yea was really disappointed when Jaessa could be turned, but Ashara could not. Pretty unfair.

Xakath
12.25.2012 , 09:18 AM | #606
Yeah same, she is probably one of my favorite companions to use for utility but not being able to get my first apprentice to actually follow the ways of the Sith is pretty irritating.
● The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorized ●
● Learn them, understand them, they will lead you to the true power of the Force, the power of the Dark Side ●

Disordyr | Sith Assassin | The Bastion

Sivar
01.05.2013 , 04:17 PM | #607
This may have been said at some point already but there are a lot of pages to go through in order to check so please bear with me.

I too was extremely disappointed by Ashara's outcome (or lack thereof), and I think that the entire storyline of the class and many of the companions are victims of the game not being finished when it was released.

However, with that said, as I look back on Ashara's storyline, I see some SERIOUS potential to play the dark side corrupter as the game moves forward with the upcoming and future expansions, namely to events at the end of her story when she talks with the Jedi that have lost faith in the Republic.

My hope is that the new expansion will include a method to turn her, even if it is something quick and dirty like making her carry out multiple interrogations under pressure, though I have a distinct lack of faith in Bioware and EA because of the last year or two. I'd love to get something in depth like bonus missions on every class quest to have the option to make her perform increasingly Dark actions, but in the end I'd settle something quick and dirty to just get it done.
The Nyris Legacy
Jedi Covenant

GraceandDanger
01.07.2013 , 05:01 PM | #608
Just throwing my in support that I wish we could turn Ashara darkside as well. However, I'm holding out hope that is a more long-term, relatively speaking, subtle corruption since it does remind me of the whole Anakin/Palptine deal, as someone mentioned earlier in this thread. For all her spouting on about her still being a Jedi, Ashara is supremely self-confident person, bordering on arrogance, which isn't very Jedi-like traditionally. I still have faith that DS Inquisitors are just stringing her along bit by bit, building her up until we have that moment where we can finally turn her.

And as fun as turning Jaesa was, it was kind of a brute force turning the Sith Warrior put Jaesa through, if that makes any sense. There wasn't much subtlety to it.
It's victory or nothing!

GarrickBlackSun
01.09.2013 , 10:36 AM | #609
I do agree I would like to play with her without sacrificing my LS/DS score. She should be able to be turned if she indeed can't be. However, it should be very difficult, or time consuming. Subtle, slow. Palpatine didn't reveal who he really was to Annakin until he thought he had twisted him, worked him over well enough. It's not that it's easier to turn Jaessa it's just that (as much as I actually like her personally) she was "rushed", sloppily or lazily written I feel. Especially considering that you spend your whole first act of SW hunting her, her old teacher, and her PARENTS down. Even if you go light side and try to spare them, you are still hunting her down. And at the drop of a hat she just jumps into being dark side and killing her master. I've not gone the LS approach to SW yet, so I don't know what LS Jaessa is really like, only you can't romance her. Which is why for the most part I actually like the SI story a fair bit more then the SW's. But as was said in a earlier post, time will tell.

oslek
01.09.2013 , 02:47 PM | #610
This was a BIG disapointment since this a continuation of KOTOR and you were able to turn you companions in that game.