Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
11.12.2012 , 06:35 PM | #141
Books are still in print even if their N-Canon.


http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Into_the_Great_Unknown


is still on shelves.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
11.12.2012 , 07:17 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
no not at all Lucas knows that Marvel sells the tradebacks. Hell Marvel even occaisonally reprints them and sells them on the stands as "Classic Star Wars" .

They have always done this the Marvel Tradebacks have been in publication for years as well as the comics.

That story was never anything BUT an infinites story. There was never a comic that had that happen that wasn't an infinates. If I am wrong show me what issue that happened in that got pulled from the shelves. What year did this happen in?

I am not an expert nor would I ever claim to be one. However a quick google search can show you are full of it.

I'll check my tone when you actually put correct information up. I'll accept your appology now for being complletely wrong and making false information up.
I'll be damned if I ever apologize to you, and you WILL check your tone with me. I was there. You weren't. Btw, Marvel has NOT had a contract with Lucas since the 80s, since Dark Horse took over. It seems that the Marvel Comics are now treated as S-Canon rumors instead of N-Canon. Last I heard, they were N-Canon. Marvel, however, hasn't had a contract with Lucas since 1986. If they were reprinting those comics before the switch to S-Canon from N-Canon, then they were in violation. If you're going to correct me, you had better be more respectful, kid. You coming across like I'm purposely posting misinformation is just stupid. You don't know me. You have no right to judge me. I saw it happen back in early 2001, so I'm not sure of the exact name of the comic. If that isn't good enough for you, then you can go jump off a cliff. I'm done taking your garbage, and you are now officially on ignore. Go start an argument with someone else.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
11.12.2012 , 07:21 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Books are still in print even if their N-Canon.


http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Into_the_Great_Unknown


is still on shelves.
The "Star Wars Tales" don't count.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

sstanks's Avatar


sstanks
11.13.2012 , 06:45 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I'll be damned if I ever apologize to you, and you WILL check your tone with me. I was there. You weren't. Btw, Marvel has NOT had a contract with Lucas since the 80s, since Dark Horse took over. It seems that the Marvel Comics are now treated as S-Canon rumors instead of N-Canon. Last I heard, they were N-Canon. Marvel, however, hasn't had a contract with Lucas since 1986. If they were reprinting those comics before the switch to S-Canon from N-Canon, then they were in violation. If you're going to correct me, you had better be more respectful, kid. You coming across like I'm purposely posting misinformation is just stupid. You don't know me. You have no right to judge me. I saw it happen back in early 2001, so I'm not sure of the exact name of the comic. If that isn't good enough for you, then you can go jump off a cliff. I'm done taking your garbage, and you are now officially on ignore. Go start an argument with someone else.
sorry but I do not suffer fools gladly

I should check my tone or what? You'll report me? ignore me? you'll hunt me down? I do not believe that threats are tolerated on these forums.

How many people have to tell you that you are wrong before it sinks in.

Either you are willfully lying or you are willfully ignorant. Either way you are still spreading false information. You still didn't click on the link for the Star Wars Tales omnibus. But thats ok judging from your response I see you have a problem reading.

No Star Wars comic has ever been recalled because its not canon. That is a fact that can not be disputed. at least 3 people here have shown you that they still publish and sell non canon Star Wars books and comics.

sstanks's Avatar


sstanks
11.13.2012 , 06:46 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
The "Star Wars Tales" don't count.
oh well as long as you said so.

It's an N-canon comic that was publsihed and distrubited. You are wrong again.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.13.2012 , 10:49 AM | #146
don't even bother with Captain Zone he's a complete joke.
We got into a big argument over Boba Fett. I showed him that George Lucas said that fett died and he still thinks just because there are books written about him it must make it true. When we first started here he didn't even know what the Canon system was.


He even refused to beleive in it until other people yelled at him and then he accepted the canon system but refused to believe that George Lucas had any say in it.

He is always proven wrong and fails to admit it. Oh wait thats not true about a month ago he tried saying that the cloning process was the same in the Clone Wars and in the Thrawn Trilogy. I proved him wrong and he finally admitted he was wrong about something.

Course he got everything else wrong about that too but he wont admit it. He just says he hasn't read it in a while.

He supposedly put me on ignore but still reads all my posts and responds.

He is 100% a real life Sheldon Cooper. it's kind of funny actually.


3 people show actual proof that he is wrong and he ignores it.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.13.2012 , 11:59 AM | #147
Geez! Would you guys quit arguing like children?

One of you is wrong (I don't care who), but the fact remains that you're debate has turned into pointless mud-slinging. I know all about pointless debates (just ask Aurbere). There's a point at which you've got to give up and drop the subject.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.13.2012 , 12:46 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Geez! Would you guys quit arguing like children?

One of you is wrong (I don't care who), but the fact remains that you're debate has turned into pointless mud-slinging. I know all about pointless debates (just ask Aurbere). There's a point at which you've got to give up and drop the subject.
I second this motion. New topic please. For in the words of Darth Zash this is 'Dull, dull, dull, dull, dull.'

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
11.13.2012 , 12:52 PM | #149
Well "Vader" being brought back from the dead confirms the death of EU....damn Disney.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.13.2012 , 01:11 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Well "Vader" being brought back from the dead confirms the death of EU....damn Disney.
they never said Vader would be back from the dead.

There is a RUMOR that says

"He's an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible," before adding "The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films."

That says nothing about how he will come back who he will be or even how much he will be in it.

Again thats just a rumor and nothing more.