Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

YaanaOhtar
11.13.2012 , 11:59 AM | #721
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
PEOPLE THAT ARE TIRED OF GETTING PUGSTOMPED PLEASE STOP SAYING SOLO Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What we need is a matchmaking system and mixed faction teams when necessary.

PREMADERS THIS WOULD NOT INCREASE Q TIMES A LOT!!!.

The point of a good matchmaking system is to only make a premade wait for a few mins max (assuming enough people for a wz of course lol). If you are still the only premade that q's up after a few mins then the regular system kicks in and you can go pugstomp. If not then you fight a premade. You may be with another premade or you may be with some pugs.

Mixed faction matching would try to keep the factions different but if say 2 imp premades q up and there are 8 mixed pugs then you get mixed up and the wz is a training scenario.

Zhaker...this kind of system is harder to game than the current one. I mean there are bad ways to play it but honestly there are worse and easier ones now.

Please people on both sides read this and respond. Puggers this will make your life much better most of the time and Premaders you will actually get some competition.
Well some premade team want to compete against strong player, however; some just want to gank PUG to help their members or enjoying easy win. Every WZ win earn you at least 100 WZ com, and each last for 15 min at least, do the math.

CommanderKeeva
11.13.2012 , 12:10 PM | #722
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
If you really, really, really want a casual pvp game... try a shooter, or GW2 (which btw... most people think failed hard on pvp.) ToR is not a -casual- game. If it was... you'd start at level 50 with a full WH toon.
Actually most FPS games have some form of progression, where you get access to more powerful guns that come with more bullets and more customization options.

Strangely enough, however, I always preferred the starting weapons like the M4A1, AN-94, Krilov, XM8, SCAR etc because I found them powerful and versatile (Only exception to this would be the K-Volt in Crysis 2.) and was very successful with them.

But more to the point. We're not asking to hand out free BiS gear to everyone. All we're asking is an option to play against similary composed teams (be that solo only or premades via match making). Personally, I don't think it would hurt to try out a solo only option only for a week or two maybe.

PuGs would have a much easier time getting gear and if queue times became atrociously long for premades, you could always revert to the previous state or implement match making.

Alternatively, Recruit-restricted bracket, where new players can acquire BM gear at least without the fear of getting annihilated by BiS WH/EWH premades.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

filipesantana
11.13.2012 , 12:14 PM | #723
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Actually most FPS games have some form of progression, where you get access to more powerful guns that come with more bullets and more customization options.

Strangely enough, however, I always preferred the starting weapons like the M4A1, AN-94, Krilov, XM8, SCAR etc because I found them powerful and versatile (Only exception to this would be the K-Volt in Crysis 2.) and was very successful with them.

But more to the point. We're not asking to hand out free BiS gear to everyone. All we're asking is an option to play against similary composed teams (be that solo only or premades via match making). Personally, I don't think it would hurt to try out a solo only option only for a week or two maybe.

PuGs would have a much easier time getting gear and if queue times became atrociously long for premades, you could always revert to the previous state or implement match making.

Alternatively, Recruit-restricted bracket, where new players can acquire BM gear at least without the fear of getting annihilated by BiS WH/EWH premades.
simply put...

NO

the only fair way to have a casual bracket is to make it NOT reward valor or comms at all...

poeple allways want a freakin way out...srsly yoolu can farm full BM in 2/3 days...augment it and ur jsut like an WH(not augmented)..cant you grind for 2/3 days?!

UncelSam
11.13.2012 , 12:35 PM | #724
The ONLY reason premades are objecting solo pvpers from getting q of thier own is that they want easy opponents to pick on.

If they are looking for a challange they shouldnt object getting us soloers outta the way, since they should like to fight other premades so they get thier "challange". But NO. They want us soloers to stay as cannonfodder for them.

Theodulus
11.13.2012 , 12:35 PM | #725
Quote: Originally Posted by YaanaOhtar View Post
Well some premade team want to compete against strong player, however; some just want to gank PUG to help their members or enjoying easy win. Every WZ win earn you at least 100 WZ com, and each last for 15 min at least, do the math.
Going by this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=554133 most PvPers don't want to play against someone better than themselves.

filipesantana
11.13.2012 , 12:43 PM | #726
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
The ONLY reason premades are objecting solo pvpers from getting q of thier own is that they want easy opponents to pick on.

If they are looking for a challange they shouldnt object getting us soloers outta the way, since they should like to fight other premades so they get thier "challange". But NO. They want us soloers to stay as cannonfodder for them.
listen...let me do waht you are doing...

"solo queuers jsut want solo queue becaus ethey dont want a chalenge and only want easy games."

see? that was easy...same reason applies there, u know why? because separating them makes no sense in an mmo...stop being and anti social freak and get into a premad eor make you own..it doesnt tkae mroe then 5-10 mins..INTERACT WITH PEOPLE...thats what mmos are for...if u cant do it online you migth as well stop bereathign because theres no salvation for you..

the only was casual solo queue could exist was if the rewarded NOTHING!..no valor..no coms..."easyness" shoudnt be rewarded....ever..

UncelSam
11.13.2012 , 12:57 PM | #727
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
listen...let me do waht you are doing...

"solo queuers jsut want solo queue becaus ethey dont want a chalenge and only want easy games."

see? that was easy...same reason applies there, u know why? because separating them makes no sense in an mmo...stop being and anti social freak and get into a premad eor make you own..it doesnt tkae mroe then 5-10 mins..INTERACT WITH PEOPLE...thats what mmos are for...if u cant do it online you migth as well stop bereathign because theres no salvation for you..

the only was casual solo queue could exist was if the rewarded NOTHING!..no valor..no coms..."easyness" shoudnt be rewarded....ever..
Your logic fails.

PUG vs PUGs are balanced fights. This is a frequently demanded pvp wz style, very very popular!

PUGs vs Premades are no win fights for PUGs. Theres very low demand for this, only premades asking for it.

Premade vs Premade should be fun, balanced fights? It seems no. Since no premades are asking for it. Seems Premade vs premade is not fun since theres no demand for it.

Ergo, Premades wants easy fights with cannonfodder PUGs to kill to rank up fast.

cycao
11.13.2012 , 01:12 PM | #728
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Your logic fails.

PUG vs PUGs are balanced fights. This is a frequently demanded pvp wz style, very very popular!

PUGs vs Premades are no win fights for PUGs. Theres very low demand for this, only premades asking for it.

Premade vs Premade should be fun, balanced fights? It seems no. Since no premades are asking for it. Seems Premade vs premade is not fun since theres no demand for it.

Ergo, Premades wants easy fights with cannonfodder PUGs to kill to rank up fast.
All I want are balanced fights why is it that people think that premades only want to stomp pugs all day. That is not fun. I run rateds as often as I can but that could only be a few times a day if that as we usually don't get started until late night. I have played and beat premades as a pug it is not an impossible task unless you suck at this game (not saying you do but from my experience the majority of pugs just suck)...ok you probably are terrible at this game.

Separate the queues I would be more than happy. All I want is to not have to wait 30 minutes plus for a pop if I choose to queue with my guild for normal warzones. Also there would still be complaints about gear gap and class imbalance which would still entertain me enough on the forums during the work day when things are slow.

UncelSam
11.13.2012 , 01:29 PM | #729
I dont think there will be longer queue time with separated queues.

It might even be shorter due to the fact that more ppl will be pvping with more balanced fights and the premade problem outta the way.

No one likes to be stomped all day, and if you can offer a better wz it will attact more ppl and therefore shorter queue times.

Its a win-win situation. Premades gets thier challange (if they really are up ot it? ) and PUGs get thier fun, balanced fights.

UGLYMRJ
11.13.2012 , 02:12 PM | #730
More and more of these threads popping up... from people who are already commenting on this thread.

You people realize that when you win it's often because you have a pre-made on you side. I hate to generalize but I have a hard time believing that the majority of people asking for a solo bracket queue are above average players. I'd love to see some matches made from the people for it against the people against it. I know who I'm betting on.

And again... sorry for the generalization but I've noticed a lot of the same names in these threads are the same names that promoted the "sub 50 is more balanced and fun than post 50" threads. The 10-49 bracket is literally littered with horrible players so my generalization does have some validity... I'm sure it doesn't apply to all... but I'd bet it applies to most.

Anyone who says they want a PvP experience more like a sub 50 PvP experience is basically saying they want to play with more people who are simply bad at this game... ignore objectives, click, keyboard turn, no idea about rotations/priorities, etc. I play a lot of lowbie PvP since I just don't quest... like at all. I've made it to level 40 on my latest alt with almost no PvE. I've seen what's in there.. it's bad. And in case anyone forgot the relevance of this... most of you promoting this "easy mode" queue... are the same people that promoted the "sub 50 is more balanced" threads.

My suggestion is get better... and I'm sorry. But this is a team based game and getting better involves... well... a team. Those same pre-mades that you guys are frustrated about when you lose... are the same pre-mades that you love when you win. Sometimes they're on your team... sometimes they're not.

What I'm trying to say is... if you're complaining about this... it's probably NOT YOU that's changing the tide of your games. You're relying on your team to do the work for you... and I base this on you asking for the skill level to be brought DOWN. That's exactly what this is... you want the skill level lowered so your chances of winning increase. This is not something a capable player will ask for... so when many of us shut this idea down as nonsense. Maybe that will help you understand why. It's not an insult... just an observation.

Having a solo queue will not change much... only now it will be good players... instead of good teams. When I'm solo, I pretty much know whether it's a win or loss by the players on my team... pre-made or not. A guild name says it all... and whether they are in groups or solo... the skill level doesn't change. Skill runs in herds, as do bads. All I need to do is see a guild name above ONE players head and I know whether it's a good or bad thing.

Don't expect the game to increase your chances to win... it won't work. Do it yourself... take control of the situation and YOU increase your chances to win. Online games do NOT have difficulty setting... there is no easy mode.