Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game keeps crashing on exit...known issue or just me?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Game keeps crashing on exit...known issue or just me?

Chugster
11.11.2012 , 05:31 PM | #1
Ive just started playing and have noticed that the game doesnt exit very well at all, it hangs and it crashes, is this a known issue or just my bad luck?

And if it is a known issue, is there anything i can do?
A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject material but short enough to keep things interesting

Connar
11.11.2012 , 08:42 PM | #2
I have the same problem on occasion. Mainly when I'm done with my daily HM and I'm exiting out of the instance. It will hang up at 25% loading.

Edit: A few weeks ago this used to happen all the time and was really bad on Belsavis. Now it just does it every now and then and always at the worst time.

Oggthebase
11.12.2012 , 02:08 AM | #3
it happens to me after extensive stretch of play, and I'm assuming it's a memory leak of some sort, therefore my own workaround is to quit the game regularly and relaunch it.

Valeforth
11.12.2012 , 07:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
it happens to me after extensive stretch of play, and I'm assuming it's a memory leak of some sort, therefore my own workaround is to quit the game regularly and relaunch it.
Yeah exactly this. It happens to my son on a frequent basis when exiting the game. No Node spec error (can't remember the exact wording) I also assumed it was due to a memory leak.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Eislor
11.12.2012 , 09:29 AM | #5
I had 4 GB memory and I had this problem. After I went to 8 GB it stopped happening. A workaround I used before I increased my RAM was to Log Out and THEN Quit Game, that worked for me.
Try increasing RAM if you can, or do the Log Out then Quit Game. Hope that helps.

Andge
11.12.2012 , 09:43 AM | #6
That happens to me as well, more or less every time I close the game. I only have 4gb RAM so I guess lack of memory is a viable explanation for this.

Narfubel
11.12.2012 , 01:09 PM | #7
I have 8gb and this happens every time I close.

LostInReverie
11.12.2012 , 06:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Narfubel View Post
I have 8gb and this happens every time I close.
Same here. It gets worse the longer I've played the game. It's definitely a memory leak.
THE CALLISTO LEGACY (JC)
THE SOLARIS LEGACY (EH)
55s - Melusine
55s- Ilaria / DrusÔlla

jpriley
11.12.2012 , 09:05 PM | #9
Started happening to me after I updated my graphics driver but last few days it just hangs for a few mins then quits finally.
Show the honor with my force!

BadOrb
11.13.2012 , 12:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eislor View Post
I had 4 GB memory and I had this problem. After I went to 8 GB it stopped happening. A workaround I used before I increased my RAM was to Log Out and THEN Quit Game, that worked for me.
Try increasing RAM if you can, or do the Log Out then Quit Game. Hope that helps.
This ^ My old pc had the issue with 4 GB of RAM and my new laptop doesn't have the issue with it's 8 GB of RAM.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12