Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unplayable Performance (Ongoing)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unplayable Performance (Ongoing)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Siala-
11.03.2012 , 06:54 PM | #11
I've noticed that with the scripted response having failed to resolve the problem there's been no further information from the CS / Dev team.

Please then can you at least address the points I highlighted in my initial post?

Given the severity of the problem and how common it is, why is it not listed in the top known issues?
What are you doing to resolve the problem?
Why am I being charged a subscription fee for a game your recent Game Update made it impossible for me to play?
Why do you think it is OK to charge me to perform bug testing and then disappear with no attempts to provide further information or assistance?
Siala
Unity, The Red Eclipse
Europe-Farstar // 10/01/2005 - 15/12/2011

Galactarius_
11.03.2012 , 07:27 PM | #12
Quote:
Given the severity of the problem and how common it is, why is it not listed in the top known issues?
What are you doing to resolve the problem?
Why am I being charged a subscription fee for a game your recent Game Update made it impossible for me to play?
Why do you think it is OK to charge me to perform bug testing and then disappear with no attempts to provide further information or assistance?
Many customers have spoken about this problem. Customer support told me that they wanted to consolidate the information on this problem as much as possible; yet, they have not made a sticky thread dedicated to this deal-breaker issue?

Look through the forums and you will find dusins of threads dealing with this problem. Customers just don't know what to do anymore. They have provided all the information they can, but after several weeks this problem still prevent subscribers from using the product. I think many of us are in disbelief right now.

Dakinesurfer
11.04.2012 , 09:14 AM | #13
May have missed a prior post in this thread but I've switched to Full-screen (windowed) as my work-around
EX HOC SIGNO VICTORIA

-Siala-
11.05.2012 , 11:52 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakinesurfer View Post
May have missed a prior post in this thread but I've switched to Full-screen (windowed) as my work-around
Cheers for the suggestion, this worked for a while a couple of weeks ago but as stated in the OP no longer seems to have any benefit.
Siala
Unity, The Red Eclipse

alexzk
11.05.2012 , 12:59 PM | #15
I switched to linux+wine, after 3 days of configuration finally i can play. And I must say performance is even better than on Windows. Game takes 1-1.5 Gb of ram only.

However it crushes on some situations and I suppose that is where and when performance dropped on Windows. For example, mouse over quest "circle" on map crushes game, I bet that is memory leak, if you will avoid doing it on windows u will not have drops too.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

-Siala-
11.05.2012 , 03:05 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
I switched to linux+wine, after 3 days of configuration finally i can play. And I must say performance is even better than on Windows. Game takes 1-1.5 Gb of ram only.

However it crushes on some situations and I suppose that is where and when performance dropped on Windows. For example, mouse over quest "circle" on map crushes game, I bet that is memory leak, if you will avoid doing it on windows u will not have drops too.
Might try to make a bootable linux drive if I get around to it but I don't feel like I should have to go to that extent just to be able to play this game.

Could well be a memory leak related to the quest marker on the map but I can assure you that's not what's causing my poor performance, it's not something I'd done beforehand and I just tested it to see what effect it had on my system and nothing happened.

Logged in today and had playable FPS on the fleet, averaging about 35 whilst moving, with shadows completely disabled. That was short lived though, I attempted a WZ and my FPS was <20 for the majority of the time.

GPU usage never exceeded 50%, GPU and CPU temps didn't go over 50 Celsius.
Siala
Unity, The Red Eclipse

VolArne
11.05.2012 , 08:45 PM | #17
I just killed my subscription over the disaster that is 1.4
They give the preset cookie cutter answer and then run away, never to respond.
Disappointing is the very least it can be called.

Toland
11.06.2012 , 05:47 PM | #18
And here is mine:

Spoiler

-Siala-
11.13.2012 , 10:45 AM | #19
Still awaiting a response here, please. Performance issues are still ongoing.
Siala
Unity, The Red Eclipse

-Siala-
11.17.2012 , 11:21 AM | #20
Any sort of indication from the customer service team that you're at least aware that this problem is ongoing and looking into a fix would be appreciated at this point.

These issues are still preventing me from playing the game on a regular basis; updating to the latest NVIDIA beta drivers (310.54) seemed to temporarily resolve all performance issues I was having, even with shadows re-enabled and set to high however once again the success was short-lived.

Logging back in today the game was once again completely unplayable with FPS consistently below 10. Screenshot attached of what happened after attempting to use a taxi terminal on tatooine, note the in-game indicator showing 0.7FPS. You can also see MSI Afterburner is showing 4% GPU usage (and 16% fan speed @ 36 Celsius), windows task manger was showing CPU usage at 15%.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/281...1716310341.png
Siala
Unity, The Red Eclipse