Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch service unavailable??? :S

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Patch service unavailable??? :S
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MonsterMatty
11.13.2012 , 06:35 AM | #1
I know there's something happening on the 13/11/12, but for me I simply cannot log in. I keep getting a message pop up saying The patcher service is unavailable, I checked the sever status and everything's up and fine...anyone have any idea whats up with me unable to log in? Is anyone else getting the same thing?

Drolnar
11.13.2012 , 07:08 AM | #2
Similar thing here.

Typed my info into the launcher, clicked login, patcher seemed to work his thing a bit slow but after a while the magic play button appeared. I launch the game and the server list is empty. No servers listed.
So I restart the game...
Can't get past the launcher now. Just gets stuck after putting in my credentials.

Frak me

EDIT: Played yesterday just fine with everything the same. Nothing has changed on my PC or with my internet provider. So my WILD GUESS is something is wrong on your side... again
Why do you think you have already won if the battle has just begun?

Cerimon
11.13.2012 , 08:52 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

There are some things you can do to eliminate this error message.
  • Reset your password from the following website:
  • Ensure caps lock is off and retype your password correctly.
  • Start the launcher and uncheck "Remember this account". Delete account name, restart the launcher and re-enter your account information.
  • Make sure that the required ports are open for the game. The TCP port numbers are 80, 8995 and 12000-12999.
  • Double-check all antivirus and firewall settings. Even if you had an exemption before, sometimes certain firewalls ‘forget’ that exemption when the launcher updates itself. Then please run the launcher "as administrator" after removing and re-adding the applications.
    The two applications that need to be allowed are:
    • “Launcher.exe” located at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\”
    • “swtor.exe” located at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\ Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient”.
Please post again if you require further assistance.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support