Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Forever blowing bubbles

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Forever blowing bubbles

Theagg's Avatar


Theagg
11.13.2012 , 05:22 AM | #1
Remember the good old days when as a stealther (Scoundrel in my case) you could ninja cap a turret in civil War.

You know how it went, sneak up, Tranq Dart the lone defender and begin capping. The defender breaks the dart CC and you reply with Flash Grenade. Now, with their CC breaker on cooldown, and with them therefore out for the full 8 second count, it's a job well done for you, turret taken.

Except, of course, when 1.4 bubbles are involved. So following the scenario above what happens. Well hey, no problem for the lone, bubbled sorceror because even though they are supposedly stunned full the full count on your Flash Grenade, having blown their only CC on the dart stun, there is always the magic "off button".

Just toggle off the bubble and flash, wham, one stunned Scoundrel, me, thus ruining the otherwise perfect ninja cap.

Seriously Bioware, this ability to toggle off bubbles for stun effects, even whilst the player is stunned needs to go.

DaedalusV's Avatar


DaedalusV
11.13.2012 , 05:31 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
Remember the good old days when as a stealther (Scoundrel in my case) you could ninja cap a turret in civil War.

You know how it went, sneak up, Tranq Dart the lone defender and begin capping. The defender breaks the dart CC and you reply with Flash Grenade. Now, with their CC breaker on cooldown, and with them therefore out for the full 8 second count, it's a job well done for you, turret taken.

Except, of course, when 1.4 bubbles are involved. So following the scenario above what happens. Well hey, no problem for the lone, bubbled sorceror because even though they are supposedly stunned full the full count on your Flash Grenade, having blown their only CC on the dart stun, there is always the magic "off button".

Just toggle off the bubble and flash, wham, one stunned Scoundrel, me, thus ruining the otherwise perfect ninja cap.

Seriously Bioware, this ability to toggle off bubbles for stun effects, even whilst the player is stunned needs to go.
Reminiscing about bads who don't know how to place themselves for solo turret defending does not give you a valid point to argue from.

You and I agree about the bubbles though. being able to click it off for instant 3 sec AoE CC is OP and should be nerfed (only thing wrong with the bubbles)
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

Veniras's Avatar


Veniras
11.13.2012 , 05:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
You and I agree about the bubbles though. being able to click it off for instant 3 sec AoE CC is OP and should be nerfed (only thing wrong with the bubbles)
And the (lack of) resolve it adds.

DaedalusV's Avatar


DaedalusV
11.13.2012 , 05:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
And the (lack of) resolve it adds.
Nope

I know it doesn't give the proper amount of resolve after they switched it from mez to stun. But fixing it will kill bubble spec completely. 2 bubbles = white bar... no thank you... Not unless you give sage/sorc a viable 31 point spec for PvP.

Oh and BTW. There's a thread on the front page here in the PvP forum concerning bubbles. With a BW employee reply... Use it. don't create another thread just to clutter the forums.
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

vimm's Avatar


vimm
11.13.2012 , 06:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
Nope

I know it doesn't give the proper amount of resolve after they switched it from mez to stun. But fixing it will kill bubble spec completely. 2 bubbles = white bar... no thank you... Not unless you give sage/sorc a viable 31 point spec for PvP.

Oh and BTW. There's a thread on the front page here in the PvP forum concerning bubbles. With a BW employee reply... Use it. don't create another thread just to clutter the forums.
It should add resolve like a stun, not a mez, as intended.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Hairyzac's Avatar


Hairyzac
11.13.2012 , 09:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
Remember the good old days when as a stealther (Scoundrel in my case) you could ninja cap a turret in civil War.

You know how it went, sneak up, Tranq Dart the lone defender and begin capping. The defender breaks the dart CC and you reply with Flash Grenade. Now, with their CC breaker on cooldown, and with them therefore out for the full 8 second count, it's a job well done for you, turret taken.

Except, of course, when 1.4 bubbles are involved. So following the scenario above what happens. Well hey, no problem for the lone, bubbled sorceror because even though they are supposedly stunned full the full count on your Flash Grenade, having blown their only CC on the dart stun, there is always the magic "off button".

Just toggle off the bubble and flash, wham, one stunned Scoundrel, me, thus ruining the otherwise perfect ninja cap.

Seriously Bioware, this ability to toggle off bubbles for stun effects, even whilst the player is stunned needs to go.
Did you not play prior to 1.4? Nothing has changed. Your post is ignorant at best.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
11.13.2012 , 09:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
It should add resolve like a stun, not a mez, as intended.
Yes it should.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Suoirtsulli's Avatar


Suoirtsulli
11.13.2012 , 10:53 AM | #8
This is completely off topic but when I went to work today I say that on someone's Hi Vis vest, is that a West Ham FC reference?

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
11.13.2012 , 11:18 AM | #9
I went to high school with a guy named Bubbles...
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

metaflibble's Avatar


metaflibble
11.13.2012 , 11:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
Remember the good old days when as a stealther (Scoundrel in my case) you could ninja cap a turret in civil War.

You know how it went, sneak up, Tranq Dart the lone defender and begin capping. The defender breaks the dart CC and you reply with Flash Grenade. Now, with their CC breaker on cooldown, and with them therefore out for the full 8 second count, it's a job well done for you, turret taken.

Except, of course, when 1.4 bubbles are involved. So following the scenario above what happens. Well hey, no problem for the lone, bubbled sorceror because even though they are supposedly stunned full the full count on your Flash Grenade, having blown their only CC on the dart stun, there is always the magic "off button".

Just toggle off the bubble and flash, wham, one stunned Scoundrel, me, thus ruining the otherwise perfect ninja cap.

Seriously Bioware, this ability to toggle off bubbles for stun effects, even whilst the player is stunned needs to go.
Um.. Hybrid Sorcs have always been able to click off their bubbles while stunned. Only change is its a stun now instead of a mezz. So no difference in that scenario.