Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

Dawginole
11.12.2012 , 08:16 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Prabhunath View Post
Hey guys, I know I'm doing kind of a thread-necro thingy here, but I really wanted to find this out:

From my understanding in this post, the set bonuses for BM is tied to the armor shell, while for the WH it is tied to the armoring mods. What if I were to take the Vindicator WH armorings and put them in a Weaponmaster BM armor shell? Would I get both set bonuses or just one? If just one, then how do I know which one will I be getting?

The reason I ask this is that I am already fully Weaponmaster BM-geared on my marauder (ouch, I know),and about to embark on the Vindicator WH gear grind soon. What do you guys think?
I believe the shell bonuses over ride the armor bonuses. You definitely don't get both. I also already had a complete BM Weaponmaster set and had to go back and purchase BM Vindicator once I learned of this route a few months back. It took me like two nights playing roughly 3 hours to grab the needed Vindicator pieces. While you technically wasted comms grabbing Weaponmaster first, you are also fully geared in BM making it easier for you now to do well and earn comms faster. So it won't take you long to get four BM Vindicator pieces.

REMEMBER... You only need 4 BM Vindicator pieces to trade in on 4 WH Vindicator pieces. Don't buy the chest, it's the most expensive and the stats are the same on the WH Vindicator and Weaponmaster chest components. You'll be changing the mod and enhancement in the long run anyway, and like I said, the stats on the armoring are the same.

So just trade your BM Weaponmaster chest in for a WH Weaponmaster chest. And then go back and purchase head, gloves, pants, boots of the BM Vindicator set and trade those in on WH Vindicator items. And those four Vindictor pieces will give you the four piece set bonus you need.

It's worth the time. My highest dmg game was 375k and on my first match with this set bonus I hit 495k with a great healer and have averaged 350k without a single healer on my team. If you can get a good 5 second rotation down right after force leap you can almost entirely melt any class except for a really well geared tank or a healer spamming heals. But in those cases, you're still helping your team because if your keeping their healer focused on themself then they aren't healing the folks your teammates are fighting!

Prabhunath
11.12.2012 , 11:12 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
I believe the shell bonuses over ride the armor bonuses. You definitely don't get both. I also already had a complete BM Weaponmaster set and had to go back and purchase BM Vindicator once I learned of this route a few months back. It took me like two nights playing roughly 3 hours to grab the needed Vindicator pieces. While you technically wasted comms grabbing Weaponmaster first, you are also fully geared in BM making it easier for you now to do well and earn comms faster. So it won't take you long to get four BM Vindicator pieces.

REMEMBER... You only need 4 BM Vindicator pieces to trade in on 4 WH Vindicator pieces. Don't buy the chest, it's the most expensive and the stats are the same on the WH Vindicator and Weaponmaster chest components. You'll be changing the mod and enhancement in the long run anyway, and like I said, the stats on the armoring are the same.

So just trade your BM Weaponmaster chest in for a WH Weaponmaster chest. And then go back and purchase head, gloves, pants, boots of the BM Vindicator set and trade those in on WH Vindicator items. And those four Vindictor pieces will give you the four piece set bonus you need.

It's worth the time. My highest dmg game was 375k and on my first match with this set bonus I hit 495k with a great healer and have averaged 350k without a single healer on my team. If you can get a good 5 second rotation down right after force leap you can almost entirely melt any class except for a really well geared tank or a healer spamming heals. But in those cases, you're still helping your team because if your keeping their healer focused on themself then they aren't healing the folks your teammates are fighting!
You know, it's such a relief to know that there's no point in converting all my weaponmaster pieces into vindicator ones. What you say makes absolute sense, I just need to convert the head gloves pants and boots to Vindicator BM then WH, and trade in the rest of my BM Weaponmaster for WH Weaponmaster, then be on my way on the slow journey to min-maxing.

Once again, thanks for the great advice.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

Dawginole
11.13.2012 , 02:08 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Prabhunath View Post
You know, it's such a relief to know that there's no point in converting all my weaponmaster pieces into vindicator ones. What you say makes absolute sense, I just need to convert the head gloves pants and boots to Vindicator BM then WH, and trade in the rest of my BM Weaponmaster for WH Weaponmaster, then be on my way on the slow journey to min-maxing.

Once again, thanks for the great advice.
I think you've got it. You don't need to convert your BM Weaponmaster to BM Vindicator though. The stats on Vindicator and Weaponmaster are the same. You can keep using the BM Weaponmaster until you get to WH.

So here's what you do:
1) Keep pvp'ing in BM Weaponmaster
2) Use your comms to buy BM Vindicator.
2) You can pull the armor/mods/enhancements from the BM Vindicator and send them to an alt in legacy gear or put them in orange gear for a DD or Tank companion.
3) Keep the BM Vindicator shells in your storage as that's all you need to trade in. You can trade in the empty shells.
4) Trade in your BM Vindicator shells for the WH Vindicator hat, gloves, pants, boots.
5) Pull the WH Vindicator armor/mods/enhancements and put them in orange gear for the set bonus.
6) Then you can pull the BM Weaponmaster armor/mods/enhancements and send those to an alt or a companion.

Think you had it, but just to make sure!

BlaadG
11.13.2012 , 05:13 AM | #94
I believe the shell bonuses over ride the armor bonuses.
Actually it is other way around.

Dawginole
11.14.2012 , 07:40 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by BlaadG View Post
Actually it is other way around.
Well there ya go! So if you like that BM Weaponmaster gear you can throw your WH Vindy mods in it.

Hatefury
12.11.2012 , 07:55 PM | #96
1.6 update GOGO!
HATEFURY

Dawginole
12.11.2012 , 08:48 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Hatefury View Post
1.6 update GOGO!
If you have min/maxed WH I would not jump into standard Elite gear. If you don't have min/maxed WH I would recommend min/maxing FIRST. It is so cheap now and the boost from standard WH to Elite so minute there is no reason min/maxed WH would still not be better than standard Elite from the damage output perspective. We will need to work on mitigation first though.

As a min/maxed WH Sent/Maur I would recommend pulling the new hilts and the new armorings and putting those into your current min/maxed gear. And then one at a time swapping in the upgraded mod or enhancement in each of your pieces. This way you are not going backwards by just tossing on random ACC or CRIT to screw everything up.

Fairly sure I saw the mods were coming out of the boots. Didn't yet see where the enhancements were.

The annoying thing now is that we will once again have to trade in pieces which drags things out a bit.

RockaPhett
12.21.2012 , 05:03 PM | #98
If you have min/maxed WH I would not jump into standard Elite gear. If you don't have min/maxed WH I would recommend min/maxing FIRST. It is so cheap now and the boost from standard WH to Elite so minute there is no reason min/maxed WH would still not be better than standard Elite from the damage output perspective. We will need to work on mitigation first though.

As a min/maxed WH Sent/Maur I would recommend pulling the new hilts and the new armorings and putting those into your current min/maxed gear. And then one at a time swapping in the upgraded mod or enhancement in each of your pieces. This way you are not going backwards by just tossing on random ACC or CRIT to screw everything up.

Fairly sure I saw the mods were coming out of the boots. Didn't yet see where the enhancements were.

The annoying thing now is that we will once again have to trade in pieces which drags things out a bit.
Im new to the game and started playing as a marauder recently, im just wondering what exaclty does min / maxing mean?

TonyJaa
12.22.2012 , 08:00 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by RockaPhett View Post
Im new to the game and started playing as a marauder recently, im just wondering what exaclty does min / maxing mean?
Taken from wikipedia:

"Min-maxing is the practice of playing a role-playing game, wargame or video game with the intent of creating the "best" character by means of minimizing undesired or unimportant traits and maximizing desired ones. This is usually accomplished by improving one specific trait or ability by sacrificing ability in all other fields. This is easier to accomplish in games where attributes are generated from a certain number of points rather than in ones where they are randomly generated. Min-maxing is particularly common in games where the cost of traits does not reflect their expected usefulness; for instance, in a combat-heavy game a player may focus on physical traits, giving a character abnormally low mental and social skills so that the remaining points can all be channeled to physical statistics that are more likely to come into play."
ToniaJaa

Prophecy of the Five

Prabhunath
12.23.2012 , 04:11 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by RockaPhett View Post
Min-maxing, in SWTOR, is when you take out better mods/armorings/enhancements from other gears (usually from another class) and put them into yours so that your character becomes more powerful.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!