Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dueling Tournament hosted by SnX

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
Dueling Tournament hosted by SnX
 

Vindrik's Avatar


Vindrik
11.12.2012 , 01:48 AM | #11
Quote:
Healers and Tanks will not be allowed for that reason.
This is a bit ridiculous. Disallowing 2 out of 3 roles simply because another solution hasn't been found for the problem is insane, and reduces the impact of what you're trying to do significantly. You're trying to find the best duelists (note; duelists, not the best pvpers, completely different concept) on the server and rewarding them, yet placing restrictions on how they are allowed to spec?

aVmuse's Avatar


aVmuse
11.12.2012 , 03:29 AM | #12
I disagree with tanks being disqualified but not healers, that is just pointless unless they are some sort of healing/dps hybrid. Otherwise you could have duels that could go on for ages because neither can outdps each others heals.

BazjamB's Avatar


BazjamB
11.12.2012 , 03:47 AM | #13
I guess i gotta do this on my sentinel after i mess with my modifications more and buff him out more.
▀azjam - Sentinel // Aangelo - Vanguard // ─nge - Shadow // Angedude - Mercenary //
Angelo - Operative

azzhealy's Avatar


azzhealy
11.12.2012 , 06:14 AM | #14
Ok after much discussion and a series of pro's and con's debates an update to the rules has been uploaded check it out and give us your feedback.
The Mahkai Legacy Level 50
The Bastion The Harbinger

BattleGracefully's Avatar


BattleGracefully
11.12.2012 , 03:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
I disagree with tanks being disqualified but not healers, that is just pointless unless they are some sort of healing/dps hybrid. Otherwise you could have duels that could go on for ages because neither can outdps each others heals.
i got half way though agreeing with this then i realised how long a tank vs tank fight might actualy take moreso if they are guardian/juggs, so no pure tanks shouldn't be allowed it should be hybrid or dps in tank stance or if tanks are allowed try to make sure that they never fight it out because lets be honest we don't want 5 min duels of tanks biting and hair pulling each other because they don't have the dps.

as for the healers i do agree but the same point can be made if you only match them against dps a healer can still win (that would be lolz to see) but having healer vs healer is the same as the never ending song if you get what i mean.
Keiga - Guardian
Licani - Sentinel
Millianna - Vanguard

Aztang's Avatar


Aztang
11.12.2012 , 07:22 PM | #16
Currently any class/spec is welcome we have the time limit in place to prevent against any never ending duels and too remain fair without speculation or rigged referee's we decided the /roll would be the fairest way to decide the winner of those long duels.

Also with the MH/OH only suggestion, we discussed it and believed that some classes would melt to others without there gear and decided to stick with the "wear what you want" policy. Although the MH/OH suggestion is interesting and we will trial it soon.

With gearing there is ample time for those to gear up and mess around with BIS.

If you would like to get involved in the discussion's with the organizer's contact myself or a member of SnX and we can get you on vent to discuss anything you feel necessary.

Please continue with suggestions or request clarification this is all a work in progress until we get closer to the date that the rules are set in stone.
Darth Saedus of
The Mada Legacy The Harbinger
All Classes

Didy_Kush's Avatar


Didy_Kush
11.12.2012 , 07:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BattleGracefully View Post
as for the healers i do agree but the same point can be made if you only match them against dps a healer can still win (that would be lolz to see) but having healer vs healer is the same as the never ending song if you get what i mean.
There was one of these tournaments on another server a while back and a heal spec'd operative won it lol.

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
11.12.2012 , 11:54 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Didy_Kush View Post
There was one of these tournaments on another server a while back and a heal spec'd operative won it lol.
on that note ill be running this on my scoundrel

BazjamB's Avatar


BazjamB
11.12.2012 , 11:57 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
on that note ill be running this on my scoundrel
NERF scoundrels/operatives
▀azjam - Sentinel // Aangelo - Vanguard // ─nge - Shadow // Angedude - Mercenary //
Angelo - Operative

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
11.13.2012 , 07:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by azzhealy View Post

We will have a form of "referee's" on both faction who will have there representing faction member currently dueling targeted to ensure the rules are met if they identify someone breaking the rule, the duel will end and they will receive a loss.

Abilities that heal you through your class or spec are acceptable as you should all have those available to you in your respective class. The AC Dueling part of the Tournament will allow skilled individuals to show there chosen spec and make clear its strengths and weakness's.
Ok but here's the thing

For shadow tanks getting the heal from Battle Readiness is a talent. When you hit the ability you get the battle readiness buff and the slight health gain.

But lets say I don't put points into that ability, when I then activate it I could also use a medpac for the slight health gain. On my bars, nothing will change that outside people can see and meanwhile those extra two points can be put somewhere else for another gain. Basically, I could cheat without anyone being the wiser.

All I was suggesting is to remove any potential conflicts and possibility of it ending in one massive *****fight by just allowing adrenals and medpacs.

As for not allowing tanks and healers... frankly nuts to that.
Meh...