Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smuggler Info

MisterWalker
11.12.2012 , 07:36 AM | #1
As an old WoW player and SWTOR 'Founder' but left after a few months I have returned and started a Smuggler. Absolutely loving it. I am needing some help in character stats though. Is there a number crunching website like askmrrobot?

If not, what should a gunslinger be stacking as priorities.
ATM I'm going:
1. Cunning
2. Crit
3. Power

Alacrity and Aim are appearing on some gear.. so I'm wondering what is the best model. I'm mainly PvE!

_biddan_
11.12.2012 , 08:43 AM | #2
scoundrel or gunslinger?
dps scoudrel or healer scoundrel?
if gunslinger,wich spec?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

happysister
11.12.2012 , 08:53 PM | #3
if you're stacking crit, you may as well stack surge as your crits won't do too much without it. i think people tend to get 35-40% crit and at least 70% surge. of course it all depends on whether your skills benefit off crit more than power or visa versa. as a sharpshooter gunslinger, i know that crit is your best friend. not really sure about the other trees though.

alacrity is mainly for healers. you shouldn't even be messing with aim as that's the trooper's main stat.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

Yan_Venn
11.13.2012 , 02:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
if you're stacking crit, you may as well stack surge as your crits won't do too much without it. i think people tend to get 35-40% crit and at least 70% surge. of course it all depends on whether your skills benefit off crit more than power or visa versa. as a sharpshooter gunslinger, i know that crit is your best friend. not really sure about the other trees though.

alacrity is mainly for healers. you shouldn't even be messing with aim as that's the trooper's main stat.
The typical "sweet spot" for surge is at around 75%, that is exactly five pieces of end-game gear. The optimal crit value seems to be around 35% w/o stim, maybe a bit more for sharpshooters. As far as augments go, you want cunning in most slots, maybe some power as well if your crit % is high enough already.

As to aim, you shouldn't ever gear for it, but nothing says you can't get the appropriate datacrons, after all they do add to your ranged damage and crit chance, and as a dps you want to squeeze out as much hurt as possible.
as if one morning suddenly / but normally enough, without a word / the river stopped.

MisterWalker
11.14.2012 , 05:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
scoundrel or gunslinger?
dps scoudrel or healer scoundrel?
if gunslinger,wich spec?
Gunslinger Saboteur atm

MisterWalker
11.14.2012 , 05:31 PM | #6
Thanks for your input. I'll gear accordingly