Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Halinmonk
11.11.2012 , 12:14 PM | #3051
Quote: Originally Posted by Arodin View Post
I don't think they should bother with SGR anymore. I pushed for it early on, but things have changed. I'm sure if the game had been a huge hit, they would have already announced an upcoming update to romance options that would have expanded on the existing ones and added whole new same gender options. Alas, the game has not been that huge success. Their budget is so limited now that I don't even think we're going to getting ANY class story content in the foreseeable future, let alone something as specialized as SGR. Maybe if F2P is a big hit and they make a lot of money off the Cartel Market things will be different, but as it sits right now I don't think there's money in the budget for it.

I'm close to completing 3 characters to level 50. I did a romance on my first one and was so underwhelmed by it that I didn't even bother with the other two. "Romances" in SWTOR aren't like in other Bioware games. They're nowhere near as in-depth or dramatic. It's a few flirts and a couple of "fade-to-black" moments. It's silly, really. You're not missing anything.
Well, last word that it was being worked on and coming out this year, and I am going to continue with the assumption that that is still true until it's been contradicted.

It's not a if at all, it's a when.

Belora
11.11.2012 , 05:30 PM | #3052
What would be really cool is once SGR goes in if they added even more companion customization looks! Some of the option packs are just awful!
"Pazaak, anyone?"
A cannon uses explosive-based propellents to launch a projectile. Canon is creative work that's official to a universe.

Tatile
11.11.2012 , 05:35 PM | #3053
You know what I think would be nice? An asexual, pan-romantic relationship arc. No Fade-To-Black scenes for people who are afraid of the jollies* and it represents a unique writing challenge, in that - while there might be an objective aesthetic appreciation - the wouldn't be any physical attraction and it would be far more about the character interaction, thus bringing (hopefully, at least) more interesting companion conversations.

*Because apparently the scene no one sees is the entire basis for having romances in this game

Palar
11.11.2012 , 11:06 PM | #3054
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
You know what I think would be nice? An asexual, pan-romantic relationship arc. No Fade-To-Black scenes for people who are afraid of the jollies* and it represents a unique writing challenge, in that - while there might be an objective aesthetic appreciation - the wouldn't be any physical attraction and it would be far more about the character interaction, thus bringing (hopefully, at least) more interesting companion conversations.

*Because apparently the scene no one sees is the entire basis for having romances in this game
They were halfway there with Sebastian (unfortunately, he was a bland DLC character so I doubt he made much of a dent in the tracking numbers for DA2)... hmm.

JediMB
11.12.2012 , 09:23 AM | #3055
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
That's something I've suggested for both Dragon Age III and Project Eternity.

I've also suggested an androgynous character. Maybe from a race similar to Mass Effect's Asari, but instead of being blatantly female they'd have characteristics associated with both men and women. Could be voiced by two voice actors simultaneously, or one with a voice that could be interpreted as either male or female.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Rayla_Felana
11.12.2012 , 09:35 AM | #3056
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Project Eternity.
Cannot wait for that game and I don't want to know how much I've donated to it either.

JediMB
11.12.2012 , 03:53 PM | #3057
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Cannot wait for that game and I don't want to know how much I've donated to it either.
I went for the Collector's Edition + a deck of playing cards (and international shipping), which was highly financially irresponsible of me. But I just love Obsidian writing and RPG mechanics so much.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

GarrickBlackSun
11.12.2012 , 04:19 PM | #3058
Was this in discussion way back in April before 1.2/1.3? They said the same thing about Cathar, and we only have a month left before the year ends, and we will be getting 1.5 this Thursday, in the middle of the month. And if they said every update takes 6 weeks or they at least aim for that; I don't see SGR coming out till the first major expansion- which I predict to be at least early 2013, but probably more like Summer 2013.. :-\

Narien
11.12.2012 , 04:54 PM | #3059
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
I went for the Collector's Edition + a deck of playing cards (and international shipping), which was highly financially irresponsible of me. But I just love Obsidian writing and RPG mechanics so much.
A shame Obsidian hasn't actually finished a game in the last decade or so.

Revanchis
11.12.2012 , 08:22 PM | #3060
Quote: Originally Posted by Narien View Post
A shame Obsidian hasn't actually finished a game in the last decade or so.
I would count Fallout: New Vegas as finished, as well as Alpha Protocol.