Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wraiven
11.12.2012 , 04:27 PM | #101
Judging by this thread...I hope Bioware takes notice that a lot of people are unimpressed by the Cartel Market and how it was implemented. A lot of negativity here, but at the same time, a lot of people who have given their thoughts on how to make the game better.

I think the only reason why people are being negative, is because they really love this game, but see the same pattern in this game that killed other games. We want this game to survive. We want to see this game become the best MMO to ever hit the market, and we want to see is succeed for years and years to come...but at this rate and at this corporate mentality, we simply do not see it happening.

Bioware is still sitting on a gold mine here...they only need to realize that they need to make some serious changes to pull in the cash needed to keep it going. I still have my fingers crossed for this game, it has so much potential it's insane. I think this new Super Secret Space project is a good start. But they took one step backward by creating these "Lock Box Packs" and reskins of the same ol Armor pieces in the Cartel Market.

Man, I really hope Bioware and EA get their act together. As hard as I seem to be on the companies, I have not lost faith in them...and I will be the first to pat them on the backs when they do finally see the light and bring this game to where it should be.

Don't give up, Bioware...I have faith in ya...just please stop making these bad choices and if possible, communicate with us and tell us where you are taking us with this game. Get our feedback on your ideas, make your ideas public...advertise...bring players to this game in such a mass that you are forced to reopen old servers that had previously been closed. Open up new worlds that are Sandbox...give us some Sandbox variety along side the Themepark. Nothing wrong with having the best of both worlds. Create some astounding new Armors...there are a ton of good looking Armors out there, a lot has already been shown to you by the player base in multiple threads. Bring us content, new mind blowing abilities...MAKE US WANT TO GIVE YOU OUR MONEY!

You guys have the capability, that's what makes this so frustrating...you are more than capable beyond any other company in the market. I just feel you are trying too hard to make a quick buck...it's gonna blow up in your face...and I do not want that to happen to you. I want to see you guys be successful while the players get a gaming experience that leaves them in awl.

Good Luck, Bioware. I'm still rooting for ya.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Wraiven
11.12.2012 , 04:38 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by GratuaCuun View Post
Don't let the door hit ya where ma nature split ya -salute-

I don't get what's wrong with the chair - my Sith will be riding that thing complete with LOUD-*** pimp horn baby! bum-ba-bum bum-ba-bum

Why should we 'teh loest common demomimator' be penalized because something clashes with YOUR vision of Star Wars? If you don't like it... don't use it, pretty simple mah peeps
Oh god...and this ladies and gentlemen is exactly the kind of minds that this new image that Bioware has created is attracting. A mockery of what Star Wars should be.

Please do not lead us down this path, Bioware.
-FIGHT-

Andryah
11.12.2012 , 04:45 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Oh god...and this ladies and gentlemen is exactly the kind of minds that this new image that Bioware has created is attracting. A mockery of what Star Wars should be.

He's a subscriber Wraiven.

Been attracting those since launch.

BTW... I'm spending all my free coins on cartel packs when the patch comes up. I'll be listing my winnings on the GTN after the bind timers expire (except for the monkey pet... he's mine if he drops).

P.S. I'm not negative about the game or the F2P model. And the shop has something for most everyone, and everyone posting in this thread is sitting on a pile of coins for Thursday too.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

Beniboybling
11.12.2012 , 04:47 PM | #104

Admittedly, I laughed. But I doubt I'll be laughing when I see players floating about on ridiculous chairs all over the place. Really BioWare, really. I feel sorry for all those role players who were looking forward to a meditation chair, not a another speeder, I really hope I'm mistaken about this one, otherwise /facepalm

Garthin
11.12.2012 , 05:22 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Lastwolflord View Post
Was I the only one who noticed how expensive everything was. I mean I have played this game since day one and my cartel coins I will get for being a paid member is like 1300. All those packs they are showing cost twice that amount....
Really? With my free coins I plan on buying the ship mailbox, repair droid, and GM kiosk. And I think I'll have a few left over.

Garthin
11.12.2012 , 05:26 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Desri View Post
I'm a bit confused. I have 1950 cartel coins now and 18 characters. Does that mean all of my characters will get that amount or one bulk sum to divide between all of them? If everyone gets 1950 coins each this could be fun! If not... hmmm. Then after the first distribution will all of them continue to earn coins each month as a subscriber, or will I need to use US dollars to buy more?

Thanks!
Ok didn't see any one answer this for you, so you will have 1950 for your entire account. As a paid subscriber you will get 500 free coins a month.

Wraiven
11.12.2012 , 05:40 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
He's a subscriber Wraiven.

Been attracting those since launch.

BTW... I'm spending all my free coins on cartel packs when the patch comes up. I'll be listing my winnings on the GTN after the bind timers expire (except for the monkey pet... he's mine if he drops).

P.S. I'm not negative about the game or the F2P model. And the shop has something for most everyone, and everyone posting in this thread is sitting on a pile of coins for Thursday too.
The thing is, Bioware did not create this as the focal point of their game. They attracted players who took this game for something that was gonna feel more like..."Star Wars" ...and not some mockery of fun filled circus full of clowns and Cheetos.

The game is changing from a serious MMO to something more aimed at the left side. In doing so, we on the right feel like we have been mislead and if it keeps up, Bioware will lose those players. So they pull in a few, and they lose a few.

I don't know about you, but when I bought this game, none of this kind of thing was advertised. They took this game very seriously, now, not so much so. I would agree with you if Bioware had told everyone where this game was going to be in a year (goofy little toys and a mockery) and I decided to sub anyway. This game has changed on a silly level...and that is not what I signed up for.
-FIGHT-

dovid-r
11.12.2012 , 05:47 PM | #108
The thing is, Bioware did not create this as the focal point of their game. They attracted players who took this game for something that was gonna feel more like..."Star Wars" ...and not some mockery of fun filled circus full of clowns and Cheetos.

The game is changing from a serious MMO to something more aimed at the left side. In doing so, we on the right feel like we have been mislead and if it keeps up, Bioware will lose those players. So they pull in a few, and they lose a few.

I don't know about you, but when I bought this game, none of this kind of thing was advertised. They took this game very seriously, now, not so much so. I would agree with you if Bioware had told everyone where this game was going to be in a year (goofy little toys and a mockery) and I decided to sub anyway. This game has changed on a silly level...and that is not what I signed up for.
You're forgetting that most of the world sides with the left lol

Seriously though, obviously they did not see as many people as they would have liked to, so they looked at other games to see what they had that this one lacked. Obviously, rather than trying to fix the numerous bugs that those other games didn't have, they figured what makes other games cool is that they are kind of whacky, if you want them to be.
I shot the Jedi
But I did not shoot the Padawan

Wraiven
11.12.2012 , 05:53 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by dovid-r View Post
You're forgetting that most of the world sides with the left lol

Seriously though, obviously they did not see as many people as they would have liked to, so they looked at other games to see what they had that this one lacked. Obviously, rather than trying to fix the numerous bugs that those other games didn't have, they figured what makes other games cool is that they are kind of whacky, if you want them to be.
I just want to know which MMO I can play that I do not have to worry about wasting money on. I'm sick of buying these MMOs that start off serious, then end up as an amusement park. If they wanted an amusement park, they should have started off as one...so I could avoid that game like the plague. Now, the game I have loved since Beta is slowly but surely turning in to a circus side show and for all the people that love their new circus, I'm obviously stuck with it...assuming I don't finally get fed up with it and leave.
-FIGHT-

KhalDrogoe
11.13.2012 , 10:03 AM | #110

Haha, I'm going to chase you in my throne speeder whenever I see you on fleet, wearing one of the goofiest /emote faces I can muster.

This whole game became ridiculous after 1.2 when they destroyed PvP.

If BW wants to save this game, they need to add something for players to do on their own instead of dailies or creating a new character.

What I want is for them to create a server that reverts the game back to 1.1.5. I would give up all the raid content and PvE crap to go back to non-stop huttball matches.