Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic PvP is an absolute embarrassment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Republic PvP is an absolute embarrassment

CommanderKeeva
11.12.2012 , 02:21 PM | #21
I feel the need to step up and defend the faction I love.

I would say that on our server (The Progenitor) Republic was generally the weaker faction in PvP as well (while not taking any credit away from the awesome PvP guilds we do have) primarily because of the number of people who are interested in PvP. In PvE it is actually quite balanced (both fleets show around 120-150 people consistently at peak times) but in my experience, more serious PvP players tend to gravitate towards the Empire.

We do have some Ilum PvP events now and again (idk how many servers can say that) but the primary problem with that was (just like back in January) that for every Rep player who showed up we got 2 or 3 Imperials.

Some time ago I took part in an Ilum PvP event as a Sniper and was astounded to see that our faction got 2 full ops groups and partial one (well over 50 people) while the Republic couldn't muster even a single full group of 24 players.
Of course, it was very easy to win, just like what I suffered back in January (then on the receiving end of the imbalance.)

So I would say that the reason we tend to lose more often is not because of lack of skills, not because of lack of effort and not because of lack of coordination but lack of numbers. The 300 Spartans, no matter how heroicly they fought at Thermopyla, got overwhelmed by the 10.000 Spartans in the end...

For the Republic!
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Joesixxpack
11.12.2012 , 02:24 PM | #22
"Republic PvP is an absolute embarrassment"

False. Happens to both factions and is situational. Also varies across servers.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

warriorcat
11.12.2012 , 02:53 PM | #23
some numbers from TOFN this morning 200 republics on fleet ... 120 imps on fleet... republics won the most this morning till the imp pvp guilds logged on then it evened out and became situational on the victors

(in morning imperials seem to have alot of 15k health mara's and other (republic average health rarely below 18k in mornings) because this is the time our warhero players are on
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

Lexlo
11.12.2012 , 04:36 PM | #24
SWTOR LOGIC:

Devs create immensely detailed environments.

Provide absolutely no reason to fight in them.
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV

SOULCASTER
11.12.2012 , 04:42 PM | #25
OP, in response to your initial post:

When the state of PVP is as pointless and lulzy as it is right now, it means a LOT of people if not everyone doesn't care about doing it.

In order for people to care about open world pvp the following must happen:
1. Create an incentive (however small) to participate in even doing it.
2. Allow for cross-faction chat, so players can organize open world battles better themselves.
3. REMOVE COMPANIONS FROM OPEN WORLD PVP ALTOGETHER
Prophecy of the Five
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Altoholic

TheronFett
11.12.2012 , 04:44 PM | #26
Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb.

warriorcat
11.13.2012 , 02:13 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb.
this is false just look to the future *spoiler (Darth Vader save's luke+20k LS points ) and the death star gets blown to bits... twice... )
level 55 Raffes

Technohic
11.13.2012 , 02:21 PM | #28
I hadn't queued on my Scoundrel I am leveling (so sub 50 fog or war FWIW) since last week early where I got in a CW and swe would take a turret then go take another, only for no one to call inc on the on we had. That repeated. Screwed around on my imp toons for a week; came back to Pub side and the same thing happened..

Both times with 2 people gaurding the node.

Actually speced sawbones to try it out. Works great, but I'll be damned that when transitioning between nodes if my team isn't in an asshumping race to get the F away from being left to gaurd that they leave their sole healer there with their thumb up their *** at best. Even with an enemy still there. They just didn't want to guard the damned node; which seems opposite of the people who want to stand there and just not call.

Don't even get me started on the lack of even a taunt, let alone a guard. Most I saw as ~6k protection

This all could quite possibly happen on the other side; it just so happens to be lucky that I saw it on the pub side.

I didn't berate anyone or say anything. I just went and specced back scrapper.m I can look out for #1 as well.

warriorcat
11.13.2012 , 02:37 PM | #29
happens alot on both sides (seems to be when ever i am online) but i admit pre 50 for republic is not great been a while since i have had a great game on my 21 sage (best game was level 16 when got 200k healing)
http://imageshack.us/f/228/screenshot2012021513114.jpg/ this game was the first ever time i got about 70k on tank (this is the character top of my signature about 8 months ago)
(http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...021513114.jpg/) <- if previous link don't load

back in the day i was wining 15 a day now it is less when playing low level
level 55 Raffes

TonyDragonflame
11.13.2012 , 04:03 PM | #30
This is galactic war, and you are the soldier. Roll stealth class, get wh augged and strike back - gank lowbies imps everywhere, for fun and their fear before Republic!
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN