Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chaori
11.11.2012 , 09:27 PM | #971
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Yes and you get abused for being in-character as an RPer. I've rolled an alt on Dalborra, it was not a pleasant experience.

Of course it wouldn't be an issue with cross server queues which is still my preferred solution. If not that, transfers to servers of choice (US RP), but NOT a server merge.
You think Xferring to US servers will magically make everything better? There will always be people who don't like who you are or what you do in-game. On Master D you would not get this same treatment. If you put all 3 servers together I highly doubt people will be complaining about RPers.

elitenz
11.11.2012 , 11:07 PM | #972
I think it will be very interesting to mix them up on 1 server.

Ailie
11.11.2012 , 11:54 PM | #973
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
You think Xferring to US servers will magically make everything better? There will always be people who don't like who you are or what you do in-game. On Master D you would not get this same treatment. If you put all 3 servers together I highly doubt people will be complaining about RPers.
Erm, yes because I would roll on a US RP server...
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

SerowTOR
11.12.2012 , 02:41 AM | #974
Returning player... where have most of the Oceanic people re-rolled to? The Bastion? Or The Harbinger?

I'm looking for more players from my time zone (GMT +8) but playing on the APAC servers gives so much worse ping than connecting to a West Coast server that it's not a viable option.(450ms APAC, 220ms West)

Evgen
11.12.2012 , 02:57 AM | #975
Quote: Originally Posted by SerowTOR View Post
Returning player... where have most of the Oceanic people re-rolled to? The Bastion? Or The Harbinger?

I'm looking for more players from my time zone (GMT +8) but playing on the APAC servers gives so much worse ping than connecting to a West Coast server that it's not a viable option.(450ms APAC, 220ms West)
I'm guessing you are serious, but your post could be considered trolling :P
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

SerowTOR
11.12.2012 , 03:36 AM | #976
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
I'm guessing you are serious, but your post could be considered trolling :P
I am asking seriously. I'm not sure where else would be a good thread to ask.
I'm looking for a West Coast server where there is a good population of Oceanic timezone players, because I've tried connecting to the official APAC servers and they give me uncomfortable latency.

(I've played WOW with about 230ms, and LOTRO with about 290ms, so I'm very used to the "feeling" that a West Coast server's 250ish ms feels like. The APAC servers are on average 450-550ms for me, it completely throws my rhythm off. I'm playing from Singapore.)

Prabhunath
11.12.2012 , 05:22 AM | #977
I'm looking for a West Coast server where there is a good population of Oceanic timezone players, because I've tried connecting to the official APAC servers and they give me uncomfortable latency.

(I've played WOW with about 230ms, and LOTRO with about 290ms, so I'm very used to the "feeling" that a West Coast server's 250ish ms feels like. The APAC servers are on average 450-550ms for me, it completely throws my rhythm off. I'm playing from Singapore.)
He isn't lying, I was in the same boat (I play from Singapore as well), our latency is pretty crappy when we try to connect to the Asia Pacific servers. For my case, I have to use WTFast to bring the latency down from around 400ms to about 150ms (costs a bit of money tho...). Even then, there are frequent lag spikes...

I can get similar pings as well on the US west coast server, so it is pretty tempting for me to start playing there. The only thing stopping me, however, is that I have built up my characters on Master D, and wouldn't want to give up on my legacy perks/buffs.

I don't think F2P is going to boost the population by much on our server, but hey I've been wrong before, so here's to hoping.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

Cheezfriend
11.12.2012 , 03:17 PM | #978
I can only comment on the harbringer

It has constantly large population around the clock. Even when it says the server is light during US off peak which is apac peak it easily has three times the population online, if not more.

From what I hear the bastion has less of a population but still far greater than APAC

Esno
11.12.2012 , 06:07 PM | #979
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
I can only comment on the harbringer

It has constantly large population around the clock. Even when it says the server is light during US off peak which is apac peak it easily has three times the population online, if not more.

From what I hear the bastion has less of a population but still far greater than APAC
I agree with this statement as after waiting for nearly 2hrs for HM FP to pop on Dalborra i switched to The Harbinger (where i 1st started) at about 9pm AEST there were 150 on Tython (1) and (2) was full, by 11.30pm was down to 100 with 1 instance.
Was averaging 180 - 250 latency with minimal lag on abilities (compared to initial release of game)

Loaded onto fleet at bout 8.30am AEST this morning as were 200-250 on fleet (1), (2) wasn't full and had less lag running around station (not usual stop/start jerkiness) then on Dalborra atm prob due to new High pop server tech compared to older tech we have on APAC servers atm

Am using a 4-5yr old PC with all settings on lowest and other than much higher ping (300+ on fleet) game is running ok for me
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

Evgen
11.12.2012 , 06:46 PM | #980

In a thread about the troubles in the APAC servers and how to maintain the community you are asking about the US servers. TO me that's like popping into a thread about abstinence and asking where the nearest brothel is
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy