Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should the Sith return in the sequel trilogy?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Should the Sith return in the sequel trilogy?

Beniboybling
11.12.2012 , 11:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post

The Sith are basically finished, a few organizations will pop up here and there, but nothing of true significance and sustainability.
"For three hundred years, we prepared. We grew stronger while you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe… protected... You assumed no force could challenge you and now… finally, we have... wait what!? What do you mean were not allowed to return! Who the hell said... oh, George did"

No, but on a serious note - Star Wars as much as people may argue, isn't Star Wars without the dark side and good vs evil and lightsaber duels. Its iconic of any major Star Wars material and these films would suck without it. OK, so they wouldn't suck... but they'd be a lot better with some red lightsaber wielding bad guys. I'm not saying Sith, but there were a lot of dark jedi/acolytes operating under the Empire, so why not have one of them? They had Jerec and Kyle Katarn so I see no reason why a similar thing can't be done.

Captain_Zone
11.12.2012 , 11:56 AM | #22
Depends on which Sith you want. The watered down Sith from Legacy aren't a good choice, except maybe Darth Talon.

But seriously, Lucas had HIS Sith. There could be other splinter groups out there that survived in hiding down through the millenia. Lucas said that his line of Sith started with Darth Bane. If that line of Sith ENDED with Palpatine's last clone, then maybe there are other groups that could rise to threaten the New Republic.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

BrandonSM
11.12.2012 , 02:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
If the current Post-RotJ is any indication, any and all reincarnations of the Sith will only be broken fragmented shadows of the real Sith line that ended with Reborn Palpatine, not for a very long time will we see Sith even a percentage the strength of the Banite line.

Oh and for anyone who says 'Caedus' he was the last hope for the Order of the Sith Lords as a proper force, unfortunately for the Sith, Lumiya and Vergere didn't remove his love for his family, much the same failure as suffered by Sidious, as Sidious was 'killed' by a redeemed Anakin, Caedus was figuratively killed by Jacen's love for his own family.

The Sith are basically finished, a few organizations will pop up here and there, but nothing of true significance and sustainability.

Will this change for the Sequels? I am going to guess not, especially if Lucas has anything to say about it.

You know this actually might happen. The part about the Enemy being broken fragmenets of the Sith.

Especially since according to The Hollyword Reporter, Arndt is highly invested in the SW Mythos.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

PeaceKeePin
11.12.2012 , 03:07 PM | #24
at the starwars website Lucas stated he gave Disney the other story lines to go back and they have absolutely nothing to do with the EU.
Brealin Level 50 Guardian
Raelin Level 50 Commando
Shawty Level 50 Gunslinger

Captain_Zone
11.12.2012 , 03:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by PeaceKeePin View Post
at the starwars website Lucas stated he gave Disney the other story lines to go back and they have absolutely nothing to do with the EU.
So George Lucas lied yet again.... He had stated that Episodes I - VI were his story. No more, no less. I have never seen a creator retcon himself as much as George Lucas. He's lied and backpedalled so often, I don't know what any of us can believe out of his mouth, anymore.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Aurbere
11.12.2012 , 03:36 PM | #26
Should the Sith return? The simple answer is no, they should not. Not the true Sith anyway. The true Sith is the Banite line, culminating in the most powerful Sith ever. There will most likely be Sith pretenders-followers of the Sith ideal and the example Sidious put forth, but never capable of reaching his greatness.

At best, we will get some second-rate Sith pretenders who think they are the best thing ever. They'll probably be very generic, trying to do what Sidious did, but failing like the generations of Sith before them.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

JettrikRyflix
11.12.2012 , 03:46 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Dont think you understand how the force and balance works. There will always be sith and jedi even if one of them get all wiped out.The force wull draw in force user to each side, as in the will of the force of things.
Sidious did only bring the force out of balance, and Anakin got the force balanced again.
Balance is as easy as 50/50 you can say.And what you call dark jedi are the ones who turn into sith, dont you know the lore ? star wars cant work without the fight between light and dark.Other enemies for thee most part are just boring.
When did I say there would be no dark side?
My point was, there needs to be an enemy using the dark side of the force, and likely a red lightsaber. However, the dark side user(s) should be starting from scratch, just like Luke is doing with the light side. His "Jedi" are much different from the Jedi order of old.
The Sith line died out with Sidious and Vader. There will be baddies who will come up and fill the power vacuum, but they won't be genuine Sith.

Thylbanus
11.13.2012 , 12:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Craile View Post
I do not see how they cannot draw some of the story line of the new sequels from books already published. I would hope that the three sequels conclude before the Yuuzhan Vong War, too dark a period for younger fans and Disney imho. So far as Sith or Dark Side Jedi, they always makes things interesting.
Well they said that they were not going to with their statement that it was going to be a whole new storyline.

Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
So George Lucas lied yet again.... He had stated that Episodes I - VI were his story. No more, no less. I have never seen a creator retcon himself as much as George Lucas. He's lied and backpedalled so often, I don't know what any of us can believe out of his mouth, anymore.
George did not lie. There were meant to be 12 movies. He then changed his mind to 9 and then 6 because he was tired of Star Wars, but the outlines were still there and those have been passed to Ardnt. You can read all the different ideas and changes here.

Quote: Originally Posted by JettrikRyflix View Post
When did I say there would be no dark side?
My point was, there needs to be an enemy using the dark side of the force, and likely a red lightsaber. However, the dark side user(s) should be starting from scratch, just like Luke is doing with the light side. His "Jedi" are much different from the Jedi order of old.
The Sith line died out with Sidious and Vader. There will be baddies who will come up and fill the power vacuum, but they won't be genuine Sith.
Going by that philosophy, the Sith died out at the end of the Great Hyperspace War. They are not resurrected again for 600 years until the spirit of Naga Sadow converts Freedon Nadd. So this is a NEW Sith, not the orginal. It's Freedon Nadd's take on the Sith. They die out again and are once more resurrected 400 years later by Satal and Aleema Keto. Then Exar Kun takes over their Krath Cult that is based on Sith teachings. It isn't until the spirit of Marka Rangos crowns Exar Kun Lord of the Sith that they are thrust onto the galactic stage once more. And so on and so on. Leaping through time each time a different version of the Sith. So the REAL Sith, as a philosophy, died 4000 years prior to the one we see as the Sith. The one formed by Darth Bane. This being the rule of two, only one master and one apprentice.

So to your final line "There will be baddies who will come up and fill the power vacuum, but they won't be genuine Sith." Sidious and Vader weren't really "genuine Sith" either.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

AlienEyeTX
11.13.2012 , 01:17 PM | #29
I don't see why Sidious couldn't show up as a Force ghost and corrupt Han and Leia's child or Luke's child or something like that. The dark side will always find a way.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

JettrikRyflix
11.13.2012 , 03:48 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
So to your final line "There will be baddies who will come up and fill the power vacuum, but they won't be genuine Sith." Sidious and Vader weren't really "genuine Sith" either.
Fair enough. I guess what I mean is, it's only fair if they have to start from scratch, like Luke has to start the Jedi over from scratch. The Banite line should be dead and gone with Sidious.