Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Akaavi Spar

HerbieZ
11.06.2012 , 01:06 PM | #1
I just wanted to chime in. I think Akaavi Spar is by far the best companion in the game. I know she is not everyones cup of tea but i seriously see through her demeanor to a proud hearted warrior whom deep down, desires a single bit of stability in her life if at least to be her compass. I love her. She has so much history and though she seems broody she can be playful and fun . I like her history with Clan Spar and her missions to take revenge for their death.

Kudos to her character design team and voice actress as they created a character that i wished existed in real life.

She is also muscular and i like muscular women.
Herbie Zalatasarii -

Cuaarl_Hosmi
11.07.2012 , 05:42 AM | #2
I couldn't agree more. My main is a Scoundrel and i play him as the typical womanising, gambling, drinking joker that the Smuggler story really demands imo. I knew about the romances before and had planned to totally romance the hot although shallow criminal princess.

However once i got Akaavi onboard my ship and really started to go through her story i couldn't help but warm to her in exactly the same way you did op. Beneath that cold hard exterior is a loyal, warm and to some degree lonely woman whom desires nothing more that a companion who she can trust and fall back on. When the two women had a confrontation over me i had a dilemma on my hands. Risha's character fit my Smuggler well and in reality he would have chose her. But my own heart and mind overruled that decision and i chose Akaavi.

As you say kudos too whoever wrote her character and story because they did a brilliant job in making me, the audience ,really care about a fictional character and thats the sign of a job well done.
Captain Jax'parro Scoundrel Sawbones
Master Cuarl Hosmi Guardian Defense

SERVER: The Progenitor (EU RP PvE)

bahdasz
11.07.2012 , 05:59 PM | #3
She's way too b**hy and she's way useless to a sabateur. He's ship deco, and not even good looking ship deco.

Stenrik
11.07.2012 , 07:06 PM | #4
Akaavi is my best companion from a combat standpoint as well. I did a lot of dummy parse testing, and she comes out way ahead of Risha in DPS, even when Risha is wearing better gear. (And Akaavi is just full Columi, whereas Risha is mostly Rakata. I even tested her wearing MY gear.)

On top of that, Akaavi has more survivability. I love using her as a scrapper because we can level mobs so fast together that I hardly run down on energy, whereas I'd have more downtime replenishing energy with Guss. I do recommend turning off her knockback, though, especially if you're scrapper.

siegeshot
11.08.2012 , 08:10 PM | #5
I think Akaavi is absolutely perfect. The only thing they need to change now is a dialog switchover when she's happy with ya. She's been my main companion for a loooooooooong time now.
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

amnie
11.10.2012 , 09:03 AM | #6
I got a little teary-eyed when she told me she never had any friends but if she did then I would be the closest to it.

her awkward ways of telling me she likes me <3

Storm-Cutter
11.12.2012 , 03:00 PM | #7
Having hit 50 a few weeks ago, I'm kitting out Spar. - She's the perfect aggro combo for me.... Grabbing the attention of the enemy while I fill them with hot plasma, and Corso flies overhead strafing the lot of 'em. - Besides, I wouldn't take my husband (Riggs) on any mision too risky....

The only downside to Spar is that she looks like a man in the 'slave girl' outfit!
-Storm Cutter.

- THE PROGENITOR: GSF pilots: REP: Jaynn-Grey and Karn-T'woom GSF IMP Pilots: Tuesday-Jones and Ruiiz and Nineteen-delta

siegeshot
11.17.2012 , 12:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
I got a little teary-eyed when she told me she never had any friends but if she did then I would be the closest to it.

her awkward ways of telling me she likes me <3
She has a very very memorable quote towards the end of her story. My mouth absolutely dropped that they wrote it in. I had to go find it on youtube just to listen to it again after it happened. It's something I'm sure the equivalent of most people will never hear anything close to in their entire life otherwise. I actually felt like I was watching something intimate, innocent, and genuine. It still floors me.

I still can't believe they wrote it in. Just .. there aren't words. Whoever wrote the end of her romance / mando line is amazing. They deserve to write an entire novel, graphic or otherwise on just Akaavi. And I would buy it.

I still stand by though that they need a 2nd set of voice work for her actually liking you for ingame. :/
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

SilentKitty
11.17.2012 , 06:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by siegeshot View Post
She has a very very memorable quote towards the end of her story. My mouth absolutely dropped that they wrote it in. I had to go find it on youtube just to listen to it again after it happened. It's something I'm sure the equivalent of most people will never hear anything close to in their entire life otherwise. I actually felt like I was watching something intimate, innocent, and genuine. It still floors me.

I still can't believe they wrote it in. Just .. there aren't words. Whoever wrote the end of her romance / mando line is amazing. They deserve to write an entire novel, graphic or otherwise on just Akaavi. And I would buy it.

I still stand by though that they need a 2nd set of voice work for her actually liking you for ingame. :/
Don't leave me hanging now =) what did she say?

I really like playing with Akaavi, had my smuggler been male I would probably have romanced her.

Dharnell
11.22.2012 , 04:47 AM | #10
Akaavi Spar is my absolute favorite companion on Republic side. Whoever was in charge of her development/creation deserves a raise. The only character I like as much as Akaavi is Vette. Then Gault as a distant 3rd.
Bae'lis Dharro - Juggernaut
Raesha Dharro - Assassin
Rhon'dell Dharro - Gunslinger
"Unify to Chest! The cure for the Clones!"