Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

colmiak
10.10.2012 , 06:32 PM | #81
nice! a bit low on crit for my liking (i had 30 percent til recently, lowered by 1% for a bit more power bc the math supports it)

i get 6700k crits on blade storm too, i think ive even seen 7k hehe
(6900 for sure and i have a screenie of an 8k hit, think that was master strike though heh)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...c-8e885aef7771

with exotech stim (always have it since i make em):
972 - 1141 primary dmg
222-333 secondary dmg
99.67 accuracy
29.05% crit chanc
78.80 surge
19006k health

i want might 26's no one makes em sigh finally started doing a bit of ops in hopes of getting them and the dread guard armor eventually ;p!

oh and i need to stop being lazy and go get the willpower datacrons.

nice guide all in all!

Lazirus-
10.14.2012 , 07:48 AM | #82
Thanks for the guide, any plans on an Annihilation equivalent?
"It is said correctly that law exists not for the just but for the unjust, for the just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar."
Master Fitze Felix | Jedi Shadow | The Harbinger

Dawginole
10.14.2012 , 03:33 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazirus- View Post
Thanks for the guide, any plans on an Annihilation equivalent?
I would think it is likely very close to the same but you may could replace some of the stuff that has accuracy or crit with willpower/power combo to boost your dots and force scream.

Just guessing though. I'm combat spec.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

CellPerfect
10.15.2012 , 09:10 PM | #84
So if I already got full Weaponmaster gear, should I just get 4 pieces of Vindicator gear for the set bonus and keep the other weaponmaster stuff or should I get full vindicator gear and totally ditch the weaponmaster?

Z-ToXiN
11.04.2012 , 04:53 AM | #85
A good useful thread, no posts in a while...

Ive got the Vindicator WH saber - what bout the offhand? Im looking at this in light of the Elite WH later on. Looking at the stats of the Elite WH sabers, is it still better to get a Vindicator for the offhand or should I go for a Weaponmaster offhand saber?
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

Crawelc
11.04.2012 , 08:27 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Z-ToXiN View Post
A good useful thread, no posts in a while...

Ive got the Vindicator WH saber - what bout the offhand? Im looking at this in light of the Elite WH later on. Looking at the stats of the Elite WH sabers, is it still better to get a Vindicator for the offhand or should I go for a Weaponmaster offhand saber?
Go for Vindicator for main and offhad, you will only use the hilts from the elite weapons anyway
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Tamilveeran
11.08.2012 , 06:30 PM | #87
I have Full Vindicator WH gear with Elite Vindicator Weapons, currently spec'd Annihilation with 17xx str, 35.8% crit% and 78.8% Surge fully buffed with stims.

In preparation for specing into Carnage, I'm gathering enhancements from War Hero Force-Mystic's Lightsaber and mods from War Hero Vindicator's Lightsaber, both having high power. Is this a good idea?

What stat numbers should I aim for Carnage?

Dawginole
11.11.2012 , 11:00 PM | #88
Correct. The guide needs to be updated for v.1.4. Not sure if he will get around to it though.

You can now save a tremendous amount of comms due to the fact that the WH weapons no longer require a BM piece to be traded in for them.

Previously we were getting the Mods from Vindicator Gloves, and the Enhancements from Consular Force-Mystic Gloves or you could also get the Enhancements from Smuggler Field Tech Boots and use the other items for your healer companion (Not a bad route if you don't PvE with a guild and get free Columi/Rakata drops for your companions).

However after v1.4 no one should be doing this. You will waste boat loads of comms.

You should now be getting your Mods from the WH Vindicator Saber (2,000 RWZ Comms) and your Enhancements from WH Force-Mystic Saber (2,000 RWZ Comms). Neither require a BM piece to be traded in.

If you go the old route and buy the gloves and boots you will pay 875 wz comms per BM glove + 2,000 rwz comms to trade the glove in on the WH piece. Which means the old route will run you 96,250 wz comms whereas getting your parts from the sabers will now run you 28,000 RWZ comms or 84,000 wz comms.

Even if you grind every day for several hours this still saves you about 2 weeks.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Prabhunath
11.12.2012 , 02:59 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post
Rip out the mods and put them in any orange armor you want - expertise in on the mods.

Its the same grind for either the weaponmaster or the vindicator... but the 4 piece set bonus is better on the Vindicator. However you won't get the set bonus until you can rip the WH armorings out since the BM set bonus is attached to the armor shell.
Hey guys, I know I'm doing kind of a thread-necro thingy here, but I really wanted to find this out:

From my understanding in this post, the set bonuses for BM is tied to the armor shell, while for the WH it is tied to the armoring mods. What if I were to take the Vindicator WH armorings and put them in a Weaponmaster BM armor shell? Would I get both set bonuses or just one? If just one, then how do I know which one will I be getting?

The reason I ask this is that I am already fully Weaponmaster BM-geared on my marauder (ouch, I know),and about to embark on the Vindicator WH gear grind soon. What do you guys think?
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

Prabhunath
11.12.2012 , 03:03 PM | #90
Edit: Sigh...disregard about my remarks on thread necro thingy thing...goes to show I really need to get some sleep.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!