Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher Will Appear in Episode VII

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher Will Appear in Episode VII

Lord_Karsk
11.12.2012 , 01:18 PM | #1
Now this is good news ! really hope we get to see what a Skywalker can do in their prime.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...michael-388424

http://furiousfanboys.com/2012/11/ma...n-episode-vii/

BrandonSM
11.12.2012 , 02:06 PM | #2
Quote:
The story is said to focus on a new generation of heroes and would feature appearances by Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher in older incarnations of their beloved characters from the original Star Wars trilogy.

Everyone's eyes will burn as Carrie Fisher walks onto the screen without any CGI Effects.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Eightus
11.12.2012 , 02:32 PM | #3
That is indeed good news.

maxetius
11.12.2012 , 03:06 PM | #4
The good: Hamill is Hamill and Carrie Fisher no longer has the drug problems that annihilated her career.

The Bad: Fisher is looking like jabba these days.

LeeC
11.12.2012 , 03:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
The good: Hamill is Hamill and Carrie Fisher no longer has the drug problems that annihilated her career.

I am sure she'll prepare for the role.

Pirana
11.12.2012 , 03:19 PM | #6
Good news. It was pretty much to be expected, at least on my part, but either way. For fans such as myself that never got into the EU, and only enjoyed the movies, it will be interesting to see how kick azz an older Luke is, assuming they touch on that.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

GnatB
11.12.2012 , 03:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Everyone's eyes will burn as Carrie Fisher walks onto the screen without any CGI Effects.
Why? Last time I saw her on something she didn't look particularly bad for a woman of her age. Assuming the new movies take place ~40 years post ROTJ she'd be just fine as a matronly grandmother type. At least it would be far less likely to see Harrison Ford feel her up onscreen. (just look for it, ROTJ, when they're in cover at the edge of the shield generator. He blatantly grabs and squeezes her breast after she's shot)

Eillack
11.12.2012 , 03:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post

Pretty sure she lost some of her weight - hell she dida ton of weight loss comercials a few years ago.

We'll easily see an older Han Solo now they "Luke and Leia" are confirmed.

Lord_Karsk
11.17.2012 , 04:11 PM | #9
More info that confirm it.

http://cherryhill.patch.com/articles...-and-star-wars

Quote:
Fisher said the plan really is for she and other cast members from the original trilogy to appear as older versions of their characters.