Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EC : 16M-NiM (world ranking)

AshlaBoga
11.12.2012 , 03:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by dominius View Post
A few things to keep in mind:
1) There is no way to reliably mark which guilds did EC NiM on the PTS. As mentioned, you could have guilds that went in with a few members and PuGed some of the spots. No one has tracked this or could successfully track this.
2) Unless you record and post your entire raid and someone watches it, there is no way to prove you didn't skip bosses on NiM by doing them on HM, jumping out of the instance and switching to NiM.
3) Aside from some people in the few remaining 16-Ops guilds in the game, no one really cares about these rankings of guilds or who killed a boss first. At best it should be a friendly competition between the few 16-Ops guilds left in the game because no one gains anything from beating another guild to a kill... aside from bragging rights that no one outside of these guilds cares about.

That being said, I think it's cool to keep track of what guilds are still around and clearing stuff on 16 so I would put my vote behind someone creating a simplified, non-points version like I did for 16-TFB HM. If someone does that and keeps it updated I will gladly post our guild's kills in that thread.
Fair enough.

I'll get started on that, should have the non-points version up by Wednesday (24hr before 1.5) and will update DAILY, no exceptions
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

tahoeWolverine
11.12.2012 , 10:57 AM | #12
<Chosen> will again be participating in this progression thread and endorses the systems used by darkae. They're not perfect, but it's the best we've got. Sure the updating falls off, but once you get 10 guilds to kill this, the "ranking" really starts to lose it's meaning. We do support a strict policy of linear progression. Given the nature of the encounter, this basically means no killing Minesweeper early and that CV screenshots should be validated with enough scrutiny to make sure there is a reasonable amount of time elapsed after FB/SC.

About PTS, it's become very difficult to know what the heck is going on with copies and who's testing and whatnot, so I think it's safe to say that the community (not including this thread) will be the judge of any "asterisks". I personally would appreciate it if all guilds in progression took part in this thread so that we have an accurate portrayal of when bosses were killed. If you'd like to recalculate, go right ahead, but let's leave this thread clear for kill posts and any contesting of kills that might happen.

Good luck to all guilds participating!
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

derkae
11.12.2012 , 12:00 PM | #13
I've updated the article to specify "the linear progression".
I will add a column in the spreadsheet to indicate the guilds who have cleaned the operation in less than 2 hours.
Derkae - Astral PvE HL - Maître de Guilde
www.astral-guilde.fr - Recrutement : ouvert
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs avant la version 1.5 de SWTOR : complétement clean
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs de la version 1.5 de SWTOR : 4/4 Denova Cauchemar

Dragonbgone
11.12.2012 , 12:15 PM | #14
how will you handle kills in 8man vs 16? During progression I take my guild into ops as soon as we have 8 or 16 on. So let's say we down T&Z on 8, but tanks,CV, and kephess on 16, how does that work?
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

derkae
11.12.2012 , 12:26 PM | #15
Simply, if you start with 8 players you must continue to 8 players.
I cannot count a kill with 16 players if the previous one was killed to 8 players.
Derkae - Astral PvE HL - Maître de Guilde
www.astral-guilde.fr - Recrutement : ouvert
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs avant la version 1.5 de SWTOR : complétement clean
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs de la version 1.5 de SWTOR : 4/4 Denova Cauchemar

Dragonbgone
11.12.2012 , 12:33 PM | #16
Simple enough. Thanks for the response.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

Ansalem
11.13.2012 , 12:56 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by tahoeWolverine View Post
<Chosen> will again be participating in this progression thread and endorses the systems used by darkae. They're not perfect, but it's the best we've got. Sure the updating falls off, but once you get 10 guilds to kill this, the "ranking" really starts to lose it's meaning. We do support a strict policy of linear progression. Given the nature of the encounter, this basically means no killing Minesweeper early and that CV screenshots should be validated with enough scrutiny to make sure there is a reasonable amount of time elapsed after FB/SC.

About PTS, it's become very difficult to know what the heck is going on with copies and who's testing and whatnot, so I think it's safe to say that the community (not including this thread) will be the judge of any "asterisks". I personally would appreciate it if all guilds in progression took part in this thread so that we have an accurate portrayal of when bosses were killed. If you'd like to recalculate, go right ahead, but let's leave this thread clear for kill posts and any contesting of kills that might happen.

Good luck to all guilds participating!
Well I don't think Death and Taxes is going to be posting any progression for this one. Wouldn't it be nice if bioware actually took care of this and tracked it for everyone?

Xelereth
11.13.2012 , 07:54 AM | #18
Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to everyone who is participating in this world ranking run! Hopefully we will get the last boss down faster this time
Zaer - Varzek - Zelereth - Laelani - Davassi
Xelereth - Vharzek - Laeoni

Tomb of Freedon Nadd

USCG_Davis
11.13.2012 , 08:37 AM | #19
<APEX> will be taking our first shot at world progression here. Best of luck to everyone who I know is going to beat us

DarkhorseForLife
11.13.2012 , 09:39 AM | #20
<Memories of Xendor>, reporting for duty!
Moxboss - Founder of <Memories of Xendor> on Prophecy of the Five
Moxboss, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!