Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Big Hits in PVP

Ybini
11.12.2012 , 08:35 AM | #11
The cool thing with this list though is if you're on it, thats your big hit against WH aug'd field tech smuggler gear.

franknelson
11.12.2012 , 08:57 AM | #12
FormerlyTachi - Begeren Colony
Kuiper - Begeren Colony

Vorsan
11.12.2012 , 09:11 AM | #13
Bug? Reality? Uberness? I'm not sure but I'm treasuring this screenshot a guildie sent me:

http://i47.tinypic.com/jzuuzs.jpg
Grimthorn
<WOOK>
Level 50 ex-Combat-but-now-Focus Sentinel

snine
11.12.2012 , 10:33 AM | #14
nice.

Ybini
11.12.2012 , 12:54 PM | #15
I'm wondering if those 10k+ hits are due to hitting someone with trauma.

LilTsar
11.12.2012 , 05:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
The cool thing with this list though is if you're on it, thats your big hit against WH aug'd field tech smuggler gear.
darn, i thought it was just that im good at getting people outta their clothes
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

Miquiztli
11.12.2012 , 06:07 PM | #17
So "who can do the biggest hit" doesn't interest me at all as the situation always varies. What would be interesting to see though, is how those same attacks affect different ACs / builds / gear set-ups.

For example: What would the smash look like for a smash specced jugg/guard on the different classes assuming the same level of gear. How would it look on different levels or setups of gear eg. recruit / BM / WH / min-maxxed WH. And of course how the smash performs using different types of gear.

Maybe the results come out that there isn't an enormous difference, or maybe it is huge! We all have our anecdotal evidence, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Or maybe it is too much work seeing as it is just a game, and we should just have fun. At the very least it would confirm/refute the argument that pvp is all gear based.
<Ascendant> Miquiztli (Sin | 55), Perro (Merc | 55), Mi'ngh (Jugg | 55), Tokas'plif (Sniper | 55)
<Obnoxious Amateurs> Tokab'lunt (Scoundrel | 55), Miquizell (Sage | 55), Gatita (Van | 55), Ukko'otso (Sent | 55)

snine
11.13.2012 , 10:22 AM | #18
5 char

Miquiztli
11.13.2012 , 11:40 AM | #19
There are ways to mitigate smash as well. Knockback the instant they force leap to you, if you have a force defense ability like shadows/assassins, etc. Most people I've seen just take the hit outright, and see half their health disappear.
<Ascendant> Miquiztli (Sin | 55), Perro (Merc | 55), Mi'ngh (Jugg | 55), Tokas'plif (Sniper | 55)
<Obnoxious Amateurs> Tokab'lunt (Scoundrel | 55), Miquizell (Sage | 55), Gatita (Van | 55), Ukko'otso (Sent | 55)

Miquiztli
11.13.2012 , 12:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Miquiztli View Post
So "who can do the biggest hit" doesn't interest me at all as the situation always varies. What would be interesting to see though, is how those same attacks affect different ACs / builds / gear set-ups.

For example: What would the smash look like for a smash specced jugg/guard on the different classes assuming the same level of gear. How would it look on different levels or setups of gear eg. recruit / BM / WH / min-maxxed WH. And of course how the smash performs using different types of gear.

Maybe the results come out that there isn't an enormous difference, or maybe it is huge! We all have our anecdotal evidence, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Or maybe it is too much work seeing as it is just a game, and we should just have fun. At the very least it would confirm/refute the argument that pvp is all gear based.
Also, after reading this I realize I shouldn't post right after work.