Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AshlaBoga
11.11.2012 , 04:37 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Danvir View Post
"...replace your lightsaber with Gamorrean axes..."

Shut up and take my money! That will be amazing for my River Tam inspired Marauder... >:3
River Tam inspired Mara? You're a freaking genius!
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

teckdec
11.11.2012 , 06:28 PM | #92
Hey i want to know does F2p people have to buy the game or do they just play?
:rod_conf used_g:
Death to the Jedi

oninojb
11.11.2012 , 09:49 PM | #93
I don't care so much what other people do with their money, but I am just not impressed with these items. The thrones everyone will be riding around in will sure look rediculous and that gammorian (or whatever you call them) axe looks good for little more than chopping wood. But yay new monkey lizard pet to add to the collection of pets I don't run around with and most people won't care about because, hey, they got one too. I'm sorry but I am unimpressed with my neighbors honda civic because, you know what? I got one too.
There has to be a way to appeal to the community on a more creative level. Maybe create some mods (since you won't allow people top see the code or make their own) and sell something like a "Recount" mod for $5 in game or something useful. Or how about adding some "Habitable Planets" where people can make an in game home or something more personal. New starship designs? I mean my inquister and warrior got the exact same ride. That just screams lazy developers.
I'm honestly on my last leg with the game as it is just to static and impersonal and just down right restrictive. Sadly the community has gotten so small now, I dare say if this were Alderaan Civil War, Bioware needs a three cap to win, so good luck with that.

republicrookie
11.12.2012 , 07:05 AM | #94
I cant wait to use the cartel market with my compilmentary coins and DESTROY THE EMPIRE WITH ALL THE NEW WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do I always feel like the Trooper isn't loved. What's not to like about awesome armor (besides the BH armor) and massive assault cannons?

Melbad
11.12.2012 , 07:14 AM | #95
There should be homes that we can pile our swag in. When we are allowed to put down roots then we will be sold on The Universe but when everything we can collect or own has to be held in a "cargo hold" or in inventory then our roots in the game are very shallow. .
Perhaps I'm wrong about this or have missed the memo about housing coming soon but, right now, the game seems to be only about the toon and how you can decorate it... The possibilities and the joy are kind of shallow. Not everyone is so impressed by their own toon.

LordMollari
11.12.2012 , 01:34 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Melbad View Post
There should be homes that we can pile our swag in. When we are allowed to put down roots then we will be sold on The Universe but when everything we can collect or own has to be held in a "cargo hold" or in inventory then our roots in the game are very shallow. .
Perhaps I'm wrong about this or have missed the memo about housing coming soon but, right now, the game seems to be only about the toon and how you can decorate it... The possibilities and the joy are kind of shallow. Not everyone is so impressed by their own toon.
They did this in SWG. Your guilds could purchase land and create their own communities to include things like vending machines for food and drinks; armor and weapons; even starship parts. We had such a tight group on old SWG that we actually met in real life and had dinners and beers. Many of us still keep in touch through emails in the years since.
One of the primary reasons SWG went to hell was that corporate execs thought they knew more about what their players wanted than the players. So they killed the game by creating character templates which drastically narrowed the sandbox playstyle that was the most attractive thing about the game.
The sad fact is that if Bioware had taken its ideas and incorporated more extras like the ones in SWG, it would have created more of the sense of community that is sorely lacking. This comes mostly from the issue that these companies mostly target the 11-22 year old groups of customers, which I believe is a mistake, honestly the most loyal customers are the working folks who actually use their money, not their parents, to purchase subscriptions and play the game.
TOR will slowly wither under these "exciting" new changes they are making to the game until it gets its servers shut down.

Beniboybling
11.12.2012 , 01:58 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by teckdec View Post
Hey i want to know does F2p people have to buy the game or do they just play?
:rod_conf used_g:
I assume they have to buy the game, but just don't have a subscription. Otherwise BioWare would make no money from F2P.

Tommot
11.12.2012 , 02:31 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I assume they have to buy the game, but just don't have a subscription. Otherwise BioWare would make no money from F2P.
Nope, just have to download the game and you're good to go. Bioware is hoping to make their money off the Cartel Market + providing incentives to eventually subscribe.
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

Beniboybling
11.12.2012 , 02:38 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Tommot View Post
Nope, just have to download the game and you're good to go. Bioware is hoping to make their money off the Cartel Market + providing incentives to eventually subscribe.
Really, well that seems strange... why do I suddenly feel ripped off?

dovid-r
11.12.2012 , 03:56 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Melbad View Post
forget that...how about a 'legacy fleet' where all your characters take residence, and you could purchase items for your fleet with cc's such as a legacy storage locker, a gtn terminal, a respec vendor, etc.

For that matter, I also think it would be nice to be able to purchase other ships for your character. Not just getting a sith fury for your bounty hunter (mind you, that would be cool), but other ships that aren't associated with any classes.

Oh, and while we're at it, could we get some space PVP? That would be so COOL!!!! XD
I shot the Jedi
But I did not shoot the Padawan