Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Heals In PvP Bioware Hates Us

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
No Heals In PvP Bioware Hates Us

PalihoJ
11.12.2012 , 03:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Titanstroke View Post
There are several ways to address, the best would be to have various levels of WZ, which I wish they would do for under 50 based on level since a new level 10 is owned by anyone who is lvl 30 or above since they have the abilities which the lvl 10 hasnt unlocked yet. Again make it three tiered, first tier is mostly Recruit gear, second tier is mostly Battlemaster gear, third tier are the folks like me on my sage where I am rolling War Hero with the augment slots filled. Then you get competitive games and that is what I enjoy instead of steamrolling or being steamrolled.

The other issue is make the arenas for the pre-mades and make them worth it to them. I am hoping that it is a result of the Arena system being broken that is pushing the premades over to the pug WZ not just a wanting to face roll through. I know I could be wrong but if it is the latter then the game has already failed and we are all in trouble when it is only geared groups going at it in the WZs since they are going to cry a river when they cant faceroll.
I agree a little with some of what you are saying but totally disagree with the bit I have quoted above, as soon as you start splitting out people into different tiers the queue time will shoot through the roof so less people will queue and you are into a vicious circle.
Level 10 to 49 is fine...yes when you are lower levels you do feel a bit less capable because of the limited number of abilities but you should still be able to contribute to the team, everyone has been there many times and will be again. To put it in perspective try comparing low level PvP in this game to low level PvP in another very well known MMO where, until you get resi at lvl70, quite often you are dead before you even know you are in combat due to fully loomed stealthers.
As for splitting out level 50s by gear levels....currently you can go from new lvl50 to full BM in 7 or 8 days. How long will that take you if you have to wait much longer for WZs to pop due to you only queuing with other recruits, and you will still have the problem of premades.
Gear does make a difference there is no denying that, between two similarly skilled players it will give you the edge, however I think the impact of gear is very often overstated....WH gear does not turn a bad player good and recruit gear does not make a good player bad.

Boyana
11.12.2012 , 04:31 AM | #22
I do understand, OP, and I will tell you what I think about it.
Even though I am getting medals, I have a friend who is healing 400k+ and gets 4 medals at the end of the WarZone. I felt so bad for him and started to discuss what could be a problem and we came to a conclusion = the gear.
He is mostly in recruit gear which makes him an easy kill and as, a healer, he will get focused 90% of the time.
Because he is dying really fast, he is only focusing on healing, interrupting and ccing, which won't give him damage medals.
Also, with spending more time dead than alive, he won't get defending/attacking medals. He is a team player and, when needed, he will stealth just to interrupt when we all die = less medals.
That might be the only reason I could think of, because, with the gear he has, the guy is a really awesome healer and a player.

Smashbrother
11.12.2012 , 04:53 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyana View Post
I do understand, OP, and I will tell you what I think about it.
Even though I am getting medals, I have a friend who is healing 400k+ and gets 4 medals at the end of the WarZone. I felt so bad for him and started to discuss what could be a problem and we came to a conclusion = the gear.
He is mostly in recruit gear which makes him an easy kill and as, a healer, he will get focused 90% of the time.
Because he is dying really fast, he is only focusing on healing, interrupting and ccing, which won't give him damage medals.
Also, with spending more time dead than alive, he won't get defending/attacking medals. He is a team player and, when needed, he will stealth just to interrupt when we all die = less medals.
That might be the only reason I could think of, because, with the gear he has, the guy is a really awesome healer and a player.
Tell your friend to throw in a damaging attack everyone once in a while. Getting 2.5k is not hard even in recruit. Same with killing blow.

Boyana
11.13.2012 , 12:40 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Tell your friend to throw in a damaging attack everyone once in a while. Getting 2.5k is not hard even in recruit. Same with killing blow.
He is doing it...

Titanstroke
11.15.2012 , 06:08 PM | #25
I hear all of you but I dont think the underlying issue is really understood. Especially for the Empire side PvP has become two tiered already, the first tier is the groups who are doing the premades and unless you are already fully geared and something you need, then you need not apply. The second group is everyone else, they are not as well geared and they are getting flat destroyed and it happens very fast.

Example, even when playing against premades my Sage who is geared can lay down over 250k damage even when in a bad group and can garner 8 medals without a lot of problems. She will wind up with 20 kills or more and since the next time may be against the premade but with a geared up bunch of pug playes even the premade may have problems with then it is all ok. On the Empire side numerous matches where the top toon with kills is under 10, which means that it is all or nothing. Plus as a Inquisitor healer, she really with the cooldowns is limited in the damage she deals and dies too fast in a stun fury to do much. That plus by definition doing damage is taking away from what her role is which is to heal.

Thus if you have to deal damage to get medals which would allow you to get to Battlemaster in the 6-8 days that everyone quotes then I repeat my original statement it is broken and Bioware obviously doesnt want heals in PvP. Either that or they really designed the whole medals totally towards dps which is the same thing. When the guy with 8 kills has 5 - 7 medals and I have healed for 250k to 300k and I have 2 medals then something is bad wrong with the way PvP awards the medals and points you need for gear.

Until there is a way to fix the way that PvP is being played right now I stand by my statement, and ask do you want the healer who you are depending upon to keep you alive healing or working their tail off to get some dps in order to get some medals? Hopefully you would want them healing and being compensated appropriately for it and not having to break out and do dps badly which is about the only way a Healer does it in PvP.
And From The Wreckage I Will Arise & Cast The Ashes Back In Their Eyes

Invictusthetaru
11.15.2012 , 07:12 PM | #26
PUG on the Bastion you can free cast.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

DarthBloodloss
11.15.2012 , 07:21 PM | #27
When Im on my Assassin, I ask if any healer wants a Guard before the WZ starts.

90% of the time no one says anything, and I'm not interested in checking everyone's buffs and checking everyone's toons to see who's a healer.

And actually, the other night someone complained about how we had no tanks shortly after I offered a guard.

Maybe you could try mentioning that you are a healer and could use backup every now and then. You shouldn't even have to do that but this is PUGS we are talkin about
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Titanstroke
11.17.2012 , 08:21 AM | #28
Thanks for the suggestion but I not only say heals going mid or something like that I toss down my aoe heal in the group while we are all standing around. That plus saying heals mid, keep them off of me and I keep you alive longer and at least on the Empire side it is like I might as well not be there until they start doing their "no one keeping me up" gripe then I respond well did you get them off of me while I was trying????

Frankly, I go to where the help is needed right up until I realize that a. no one in the group is going to try and play smart and keep the healer alive, & b. they are going to burn me down so fast that I might as well not be there. At that time I go over to where ever we have a node and start farming defenders medals and help out there and listen to the folks throw a fit that the healer is not where the fighting is going on. Too bad as the group has said do what is necessary to get your medals so I am and that means that the others in the group if they play stupid are not going to get healed and we lose which is apparently the way that it is. It takes me two to three weeks to get the weekly on the Empire side with the pugs. On the Republic side I get it by the third or fourth night and I dont farm after I get the daily done.
And From The Wreckage I Will Arise & Cast The Ashes Back In Their Eyes

Solarenergy
11.17.2012 , 10:46 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
When Im on my Assassin, I ask if any healer wants a Guard before the WZ starts.

90% of the time no one says anything, and I'm not interested in checking everyone's buffs and checking everyone's toons to see who's a healer.

And actually, the other night someone complained about how we had no tanks shortly after I offered a guard.

Maybe you could try mentioning that you are a healer and could use backup every now and then. You shouldn't even have to do that but this is PUGS we are talkin about
I often do the AOE heal while we're waiting for the match to begin. It's just a way of letting everyone know that I'm a healer, and whenever there's a tank he guards me. It's funny though because some people (and it's usually not even tanks) will keep spamming chat with "Do we have a damn healer?!" Yeah, the two sorcs who just used their AOE heal so you could see their names flashing in green across the screen, lol.
Though most people I play with now know I'm a healer because they've seen me in many warzones. That's why whenever we get an Empire vs Empire match it's tougher for me because I get marked and targeted right away, since the opposing team is full of Imps who just played with me last match and know I'm the healer.